bmoore21184

WFFC or Skyfest

if ya want drama go to WFFC, if ya want a respectable and professional staff go to Dublin and Skyfest.

and how many of each boogie have you been to young one.. you've been in the sport what 1-1.5 yrs?B| couldn't have gone to more than one of each.. and I dont think you were at wffc last yr! stop providing uneducated advice:S>:(

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

and that Skyfest will be just an hour from my house

Your profile says Colorado. You do know that the Skyfest we're referring to is in Houston, TX. (Rosharon, TX actually).

I also note your in the AF so you may have a ride that'll get you there in an hour. :D

Cheers.
Larry
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

I said from the unprofessional attitude that was in this post. Playing tag. Ive never a desire to go to WFFC and that topped it off. Do I have to attend something to feel that it wouldnt be right for me and my 80 jump skill level? Do I have to attend something to have an opinion on the banter back and forth about whose better. In anything in life, if someone degrades the compition it puts me on guard. Im not even a skydiver. I just jump and since I do not party there would be no reason for me to go to WFFC with my level esp after the "we are better then you" thing. I pointed out what I felt was important in what "I" look for when choosing where to go. Dont like my example that is fine, dont agree fine with me. Doesnt matter either way, keep the drama cause I would prefer to jump. Have fun at WFFC, Ill have fun at Skyfest thats the beauty of our world, I can have my opinion and it doesnt have to represent what any of you think I should feel.

Some (most) want to party, some want to jump , some want to do both. I could care less if I meet 3000 skydivers at one time. Im so new in the sport that if its not a cessna Im happy as shit just to jump it, and thats about it. Skyfest gives me something many DZs dont ... thats a boogie created for newer jumpers to help me recieve a award that I just cant get any day of the week... and a place for the experienced jumpers to help us in recieving it, how cool is that? And presentation is key in the exposure of a boogie. I personally wasnt impressed with the shots at the opposing boogie considering they are seperate events with different things that appeal to different jumpers. Once again my opinion as a consumer who goes to boogies based on different needs then your own. Its not uneducated advice, its a personal feeling on why I wont go, theres a difference. Ive not expressed anything that has to do with safety of the others, nor the beer on tap nor have I encouraged people to not go....please learn the difference between opinion and advice.

If Flyangel2 is going, Ill brown nose and show up at WFFC ...

:D
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Our group is going to the WFFC. I have to say though, i dont know who is involved in what boogie but all this bitching has definetly lowered my expectation and at the same time my excitment. Maybe that is a good thing though cause i will not have my hopes raised to high.
I would like to go to the Skyfest as well but money does not stretch that far.

People please stop the bitching, there is a few of us paying over $1300 US dollars just to get to the States and with all this bitching it makes us wonder if we made the right choice. I really want to look forward to this but can not help reading this thread that is very off putting.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

You will have a Blast at Rantoul. It is a great time.
The opinions you hear on this site are just that...Opinions.

In this thread you have Three Different MAJOR Boogie organizers. Someone asked a Comparison question so each put in their two cents worth..

As Far as the opinion of the people that have never been to either event.. Well.. Take it for what it is worth.

Like I said before.. Bashing the WFFC seems to be the "IN" thing lately. but I think (HOPE) it is just from a Vocal Minority. I am sure the staff that puts so much effort into the WFFC are getting tired of the bashing and untruths out there (Like the Over Crowded Air Space and the Low Time Jumpers shouldnt go because it isn’t safe. Both wrong in my opinion.)

Expect +/- 1000 Skydivers from all over the world for 9 days of Jumping and partying.

With all that said.. I finally figured out which of these two events I am going to. BOTH!!;)

Like the Over Crowded Air Space and the Low Time Jumpers shouldnt go because it isn’t safe. Both wrong in my opinion

Ive not really paid much attention to that and thats not personally why I dont want to go. I had been scared of that at Dublin, and learned that was a misconception. Then again if I had 1300 bucks to travel, Id go to both boogies just because I had 1300 bucks to travel.

Im also not bashing WFFC, I just appreciate when the people who run these events and DZOs work together for the sake of the sport, to support others that are just trying to make it etc. I was so impressed with the things I heard at the last boogie I attended and how it was run that there is now a very high bar on integrity, value, and continued growth and improvement to the betterment of this sport as well as exceeding expectations.

Some wicked people do that on here and its an awesome thing to see. Then there are the others ... Either way its a boogie, whoever chooses to go to whichever one controls how it affects them. Want to have fun, then have fun. How each boogie is , is reflected in ones personal choices on how they choose to feel. Personally, I will be more comfortable at Skyfest this year, but know many people who can not wait to get to the WFFC... different strokes.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Thanks, i like to hear this from people with lower jump numbers cause it is them that are new to this and know what is good about boogies, i think the people that have been to so many boogies are getting involved far too much with politics and shit.

I can wait for the WFFC but i hope it aint full of people with egos that bash other boogies as that is really turning me off. That said, i had the best 2 weeks of my life at Eloy xmas and hope this can match.
It has alot to live up to after the eloy experience.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I'm not affiliated with either WFFC or SF, but having attended WFFC every year since 1992 (except 1995), I'd say that in the heydey of WFFC at Quincy, the landing area was sometimes crazy, but I just landed in the open areas away from the main area.

BUT.. at Rantoul you find wide-open landing areas from the main LZ all the way over to the spectator fences, probably at least a 10 minute walk from one side all the way to the other, though they've often got golf carts picking up jumpers to shorten the return to the main organizing area.

There's been relatively little of the "landing every direction" the past few years, and last year when the winds were calm and variable, there were frequent announcements of designated landing direction. They also put out a big arrow in the main LZ, visible from decent canopy altitude, to point the landing direction.

The Giant arrow was put out there to stop the question of witch way to land and it has been a sucess in battleing it and created orginizatoin in the air as any boogie should have I have been to the WFFC for 5 years now and if it wasnt for me puting up tents to set up for wffc i would go to Sky Fest and then right to WFFC like the guy from sky fest said in an earlier post he thought it would be cool to have a little quincy boogie and i think that it is a great idea granent WFFC has more specialty stuff then skyfest but they Both have the Same level of professionality in the staff and both sets of orginizers for either even (hell any boogie for that matter ) pour there heart and soul into them and it has i guess been the "IN" thing to bash on WFFC but I dont think its right to the staff of ANY BOOGIE to be bashed on and the whole we have this over you thing was just in reply to the way the skyfest orginizers post in how it was percived by me im sorry if it created such an up roar but both boogies are awsome in there own ways and i think personaly both boogies should be expirianced first hand. To see how cool the people are at any event.

Thank you
goofy
WFFC STAFF 2006
www.freefall.com
Questions? Call the office at 217-AAA-JUMP

Note: I've gone back and re-read my posts on this thread so far, and I have not seen anywhere that I have been negative toward any event.

Many of my postings on dropzone.com (in general, not just this thread) are directed toward debunking myths and challenging some misinformation that has apparantly become "common knowledge" merely because it has been repeated many times.

The "dangers" at the WFFC is one of them. (There are dangers everywhere. There is not a lack of danger at your home drop zone or at a smaller event, but just a different danger, perhaps even one caused by complacence due to one's thinking there is less danger.)

If you have any questions about the WFFC, please ask, and please continue checking the event's web site, as there will probably be more information on the Safety Info page as it gets created.