Amazon

Memorial Day Boogie at Northwest Skydivers Mt Vernon, Washington

Our first Boogie at Northwest Skydivers:)
We will be jumping Friday Afternoon till sunset and Saturday-Sunday- Monday to sunset.

Beer Light goes on when the last load goes up.. so we can have the Sat Night Hit and Chug.......Bonfire begins at Sunset:30

The Buzz is we may be having a live Band;)

More Details to follow as everything is finalized..

Come jump our Smokin Porter.... 12 minutes or less to 14K. Come check out the Scenery of the North Puget Sound...AWSUM

We have a camping area within stumbling distance from the bonfire at the DZ... no hookups yet but we will get there.

Phone number for the DZ is 360-424-3734

Have you got a website or directions to the dz that I could find with Google Maps?

Any flocking going on?

Exchange rate is looking better for us Canadians. We'll just have finished our 39th May Meet and be looking for some place to jump and relax.

The website should be up by this weekend....

We are just south of Mt Vernon WA... exit 225 from the north and then down Old Hwy 99 to Conway Siding Rd till you see the Apple orchard and the old AG CAT biplane sitting there by the hangers.

The manifest office is all the way at the back( west side) of the hangers by the large cement pad .
I am sure that Martini will be there to get his flock on and we may see some others as well.

Our regular jump tickets are $20 to 13500 but we always seem to get just a bit moreB|

I am waiting for Joe our DZM to get back from a trip to finalize more details.

I wanted to go out there to train on my speed diving. Perhaps we can have a little tournament, then again I guess nobody up there does speed diving anymore ;) oh well, guess I will have to flock. Will try this Saturday but it ain't lookin so hot weatherwise.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I wanted to go out there to train on my speed diving. Perhaps we can have a little tournament, then again I guess nobody up there does speed diving anymore

What chu talkin bout Willis:P

I have done a couple speed dives...... the season is young..Bring your fast self as well as your flock..:ph34r:

I'd sure like to see the race between you and Jeanne. What are you gonna do, hang on to her chest strap and open real low?

Oh ya, dey'll be some flockin goin on at Barker ya betcha. Up for an 8-way flock from a Porter?

Ground launching didn't go so well yesterday at Baker, it's harder than it looks. Is my Vamp ready yet?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Hey Amazon, what ever happened with the job?? I had an offer last week for a new job in Vancouver BC but then wrote up a counter offer... then they told me I was too greedy and basically told be to f-off. We'll see how that goes... I dupid.

I need to head down to Mt Vernon next weekend, I'm hopefully getting a new repack this week and getting my new Cyrpes 2 installed as well. Hopefully my finace will let me check out the new DZ while I''m in town. Maybe I'll see you next the weekend. You gonna be around on Sat May 20th?

Rob V

Woo hoo I am gainfully unemployed:)
My old team went away...and I had several internal job offers from other teams.... for LATERAL moves... same pay..same level... I say.. BUH BYE.

YEs I will be there at the DZ this weekend.. and the weather is looking AWSUM....heck I even got in 7 jumps this weekend... and still managed to run manifest. Bring your Fiance and let her do a tandem.. we do have some pretty good scenery.

Pssst... the exchange rate is making our $20 USD to 14k look mighty good... hint hint hint... bring some Canadian friends along.

Unfortunately, I don't think my fiance ever plans on skydiving. [:/] I can't talk her into it and no no longer try... but I can't stop everybody else from trying. ;) She's coming to Lost Prairie this year though!!

The exchange rate doesn't benefit me right now, I live & work in the US and make US bucks. All it does it make my Canadian mortgage more expensive for my rental condo. Oh well.

See you on the weekend.

Jeanne,

So being that NWSkydivers is the dropzone for skydivers, would it be easy to get specialty jumps, specifically night jumps, done there?
Thanks.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Nice job on the website Jeanne, a big help to a startup DZ. Did Den take the cover pic? (That's Jeff B, airport owner and Jeff B, tandem instructor. Looking fine in my freefly suit I might add.) The DZ is right on, best vibe around.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

We are DEFINITELY planning on doing some night jumps... we talked about it two weekends ago when the moon was rising over the hills to the East of the DZ...

Paul... I took that pic and most of the other ones as well:P

I need to put some new pictures up on the website

It looks like the Boogie.. is going to be more officially called the Grand Opening Party...and there will be NO BOOGIE FEE.
Any loads we can get in the air BEFORE 9 AM will get a discount.

We will have food there and I am emptying out my freezer and SMOKING the rest of my salmon ... and beer every night( at least a Keg a Night)... at LEAST a hit and chug on Sat Night....and a BIG bonfire going every evening. There will be entertainment provided.

The Fun begins this Friday..... the more people get there early the more loads we can fly on Friday night.

We have lots of room for people to camp at the DZ..so come on out and get some of our 12 minute to 14k loads.

http://nwskydivers.com

You can even take the train from Vancouver BC.. or Seattle. ( the train goes right past the DZ) There is a train station right in Mt Vernon and I would be happy to come pick you up at the station. Its only 2 miles from the DZ. Just call the DZ

We can be there whenever there are enough people there to make the airplane go. Typically on Fridays there have not been enough there till about 4 pm....now if we get 5 people or so willing to come out Early I am SURE the airplane will be there 15 minutes later:)

The birds will be there for some flying on Sunday morning. Although with all this food talk now I'm leaning towards camping out there Saturday nite. Either way cya there :)