okalb

Z-hills 4-way Scrambles 5/28/06

Hi everyone,

It’s that time of the year again! On Sunday, May 28th (Memorial Day Weekend), I will be organizing the fourth annual Z-Hills 4-way Scrambles. If you have participated before, you know this is a fun day for everyone involved. If you haven’t had the opportunity, this is your chance! The scrambles are designed for jumpers of all skill levels to compete and learn. So far, prizes have been provided by Larsen & Brusgaard (makers of the ProTrack, Viso & Solo altimeters) as well as Performance Designs, Skydive City, Sunshine Factory, Sunrise Rigging and other industry businesses.

For those of you not familiar with the format, all jumpers will be assigned a team based on your skill level and experience. Players will be evenly distributed via random drawing, so that all teams will have 1 experienced captain, 1 lower experienced jumper and 2 mid experienced jumpers. In the past we have had as many as 15 teams compete and there are never more than a few points separating the scores, proving a fairly level playing field.

This event is open to any and all skydivers of any discipline. Low experience and skill level is not an issue. If you are interested in participating, please email me at [email protected]. Add “scrambles” to the subject line to ensure that I will read it. Start time will be 8:00AM. Please be there on time as we need about an hour to collect tickets and draw the teams. The cost of the event is 4 jump tickets for the 4 rounds and $20 to cover the video. TK has also agreed to a SkydiveCity sponsored BBQ that night.

Please forward this to anyone that might be interested.

Thanks
-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

This just in!!!

Sally Hathaway of Team Synchronicity and Tunnelcoach.com has donated a day of coaching to the Zhills 4-way scrambles. She will be available all day to any of the teams that need assistance with exits and engineering. Coaching will be set up in front of Paragone Rigging, directly across from Manifest.

Hope to see you there!
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

The crown is up for grabs! Three time champion team captain, Alicia Wolfe, will NOT be at this year's scrambles. I'm putting my money on Bu. Or me. Or Jody. Or Mike.

Great prizes from Larsen & Brusgaard, Skyventure Orlando, PD, Sunrise Rigging & Sunshine Factory. 4 tickets for 4 rounds + $20 for video. Lots of beer & plenty of public humiliation for everyone! :D

Registration at 8am this Sunday. See ya there.

oh NOW the fun starts!!!!!!
:)

-----------------------------------------------------------
So mr free flyer are you gonna join in the fun on Sunday?
You might get lucky and be on my team:D
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

and...seeing as how you folks need a laugh once in awhile...YES!!

------------------------------------------------------------
can't wait to see the video:D
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Scrambles were great, and the weather cooperated so we got in all four jumps, even with an impressive windstorm, lightening and all passing briefly through the area before our round four!!

Good training, and good exercise, chance to jump with new people and lots of fun!!

marc

Oren registered 11 teams for Skydive City's 4th annual Srambles. With a dedicated Otter, he got all 4 rounds in 12 back to back loads, which was sweeeet! :)
The new King of Scrambles is Jim "Bu" Klinge and his team, "Save Ferris" with Christine Freiherr, Janine Columbo & Norm Olson! Norm is my new hero... He just celebrated his 75th birthday a couple of months ago and started jumping again about a year ago after a 20+ year lay off. He had over 2000 jumps that he racked up in the days of really really olde and that's no joke! Yay Norm! He's going to Skyventure Orlando this Tuesday with Sally Hathaway because he'd like to work on cleaner turns. Man, we should all be like this at 75!

The first place team "Save Ferris" won 15 free minutes from SkyVenture Orlando and a free packjob from Nylon City. 2nd place team "Rock Paper Scissors" won 50% off Wings certificates. 3rd place team "Sunday Comix" won Skydive City sweatshirts & PD Tshirts. 4th place team "Immaculate Conception" won Tshirts from Sunshine Factory.

We also had a random drawing for our generous prizes from Larsen & Brusgaard. Nan Smith won the ProTrack, Tom Ferguson won the Optima and Leon won the Solo.

Special thanks to Sally for coaching all the teams; Autumn & Debbie, our wonderful Manifest Wenches; our pilot Julie; TK; and our video dudes Roy Jr., Igor, Pip, Ron & Tom; and to Oren for wrangling it all together!

Next event: SWOOP DU JOUR! Coming up on July 1st. $1000 cash prize for fastest swoop of the day! More info coming soon from Skydive City.

www.skydivecity.com