BigM

Augusta Ballon Jumps / Rev.#1

2 items-

(1) We need a definite head count... please sign in.
BigM

(2)I am probably going to do my first (beer) naked jump on the morning balloon jump. Anyone for an all naked balloon?

Grins-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Not sure why this new thread got created, but anyway...

Defintely need to get a head count ASAP. Aside from our birthday suit jumper :P, please let me know if you're still in for Saturday AM. Looks like launch temps will be in the upper 50's which means we'll definitely get to 7k.

Details posted again:

Due to temperature, looks like only one jump in the morning will take place. Altitude will be approx 7k--maybe less, but definitely not more. Cost for the one jump will be $75. If there is enough interest for a second jump in the evening, it would be $25.

Right now we've got two balloons. One balloon can carry 2 jumpers. The other can carry 3. If we have more than 5 jumpers, we can get a third balloon (cost to cover the third balloon will not be an issue).

We will meet at 6 am in the parking lot of Weinburgers furniture on Washington Road in Augusta.

Actually...I did land in someone's backyard on Sunday. They didn't even blink. Although the "natives" were quite suprised to see someone walking around with a big orange parachute. They asked me if I had fallen from the sky!!!!

Ok...unless we get two more solid commits for Saturday, I'm going to have to cancel this one and hand the reigns over to someone else to coordinate for a later date. I've had a couple of people PM me asking for the balloon company point of contact, so if you were one of them, check your PM--I'll fire off that info today.

Wayne-

Is this going to happen? I sure hope so. Even if it is just one balloon, that's fine. I just need to know to make plans with my car-pool partner.

Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Alright...looks like due to low interest this time around, I'm going to have to cancel this. But for anyone interested in using this extremly great group of people for future balloon jumps, the company's name is Droppin-in Ballooning. The owner's name is David Fields. PM's have been sent to those interested with David's phone number. Anyone else interested can just find them in the yellow pages!

Jeff, I would NEVER consider doing a naked balloon jump with you. For that matter, I would not recommend you doing it either, for the same reason someone else already listed. There is no possible way that you can guarantee you will land in an "appropriate" spot on a balloon jump.

chuck

There is no possible way that you can guarantee you will land in an "appropriate" spot on a balloon jump.

Like a DZ is an "appropriate spot"... with 500 skydivers armed with a plethora of video and still cameras... soon to be posted on every web-site known to man!