ReLLiK75

Balloon Jumps!! In Augusta, GA?? Again!??

Howdy all! Well, those of you who made the trek over to Augusta back in December for the balloon jumps might be interested to know that I've got the balloon company asking me to organize something again.

They really enjoyed flying us and would like some jumpers to come back to Augusta. Prices would probably be the same (2 jumps=$100) I may even be able to get them to go $50 for one jump.

The time frame on this one would be short. We're probably looking at something around the end of the month/first weekend in May.

Let me know if you're interested!!

Wayne

I could do something the weekend of April 28th. Other than that, Friday May 12th or 19th would work for me. I hope this is when it is... I'd like to do it again!

Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

I'm really thinking it's going to be the last weekend in April. If I can get a definite group of jumpers, I'll lock the date in with the pilots and we'll be good to go!

So I looked at my situation and decided that I can do April 29th or May 6 or 7. If it's gonna happen then put me down for a yes.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

4 jumpers gets us one balloon and 8 gets us two balloons. I'm going to set the date for April 29th (Saturday). Don't know if we'll be flying in the morning or evening yet.

Lets start a list to confirm jumpers:

ReLLik
BigM
simplyputsi

Awwww maaaan! I wouldn't be able to go either date, but you kids have fun! That's awesome that you're doing it again, I had a blast last time...definitely keep me posted if you put this together in the future.

Wayne...you rock! B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I'm going to set the date for April 29th (Saturday). Don't know if we'll be flying in the morning or evening yet.

Here's one REALLY big vote for the morning. I can't do the evening, but if it's a morning jump I'm ready to send the money to your PayPal account now!

Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

I'm with you on the morning slot. If you remember from last time, the group really likes to party and I think they wanted to do something in the evening as well. I've actually been over to one of the pilot's house and he cooks up some mean fajitas while his wife mixes up some equally mean drinks.

Perhaps those that can stick around can make an evening jump and then party a bit.

I'm really sorry you won't be able to make it. I'd love to be able to keep organizing these things, but unfortunately I'm about to move back to Philly (Cross-Keys here I come!). Between moving, getting married, and then the honeymoon, May is completely shot for me.

I can always hand the reigns over to Jeff or someone else near Augusta to coordinate these things. These pilots are great to work with and love flying the jumpers. (One of the pilots actually became my realtor and sold my house in about 4 days.) So if the 29th falls through due to weather or not enough people are able to make it, it doesn't have to die. We've got interested jumpers and pilots who are more than willing to fly.....

I was just trying to recruit someone and was going to make some more calls but what are the requirements to jump a balloon. I thought you had to have a B. Don't have my sim handy or I'd look it up.
I know a few others, but they don't have a B, that I know of. Don't want to get hopes up ya know.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I was just trying to recruit someone and was going to make some more calls but what are the requirements to jump a balloon. I thought you had to have a B.

I don't think there is an actual requirement... (you don't have you're SIM handy huh... What about this one... :P

I know Chris requires at least a B license at the dublin boogie and recommends above average canopy skills...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I was just trying to recruit someone and was going to make some more calls but what are the requirements to jump a balloon. I thought you had to have a B.

I don't think there is an actual requirement... (you don't have you're SIM handy huh... What about this one... :P

I know Chris requires at least a B license at the dublin boogie and recommends above average canopy skills...

I have a good bit of experience with this.

There are no requirements for jumping a balloon except for what the pilot can enforce. A hot Air Balloon is an aircraft with an N number and the same fARs concerning skydiving from aircraft apply. BSR's can only be enforced with group members launching balloons from DZ member facilities or dropping skydivers over the DZ, because they are part of DZ operations. (good luck on the later). If a jumper exists and lands off the DZ third party liability will not cover damage. A DZO may impose requirements for liability or safety concerns as a local policy. When a balloon is not part of DZ operations no BSRs can not be enforced as they are recommendations and requirements imposed by the FAA.

An A license canidate is cleared to jump master themselves and can exit a Balloon. I don't recommended this because of the lack of experience pertaining to off DZ landings that is about a 99.9% chance of happening. But that is all. When cleared to jumpmaster themselves, new jumpers know how to pull, pull at the right altitude and pull stable, so exits and opening aren't the problem it's the set up for the landings and avoiding obstacles. Common sense should be used.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

I jumped with them last time, had an A at the time but 80 jumps. No problem. B| Nice open areas to land in around there.

Wayne, I knew you were getting married but didn't realize you were moving! :( Good luck with everything!

Hopefully someone will keep this going. Those balloon people know how to have a good time!

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Your last statement says it all.Your canopy skills should be above average when planning a balloon jump with low jump numbers.

I'll hopefully catch you on the next round. I'm new with nothing to prove so we'll see where my skillz are at next time. Please post this when you decide to do this again.;)

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I'm really sorry you won't be able to make it.

OK... to clear up a little bit of confusion:

The balloon jumps ARE on for this Saturday, April 29th in the morning. I just talked to Wayne on the phone and confirmed this. He will be posting soon as to the exact meeting location and time. He will NOT be doing the Paypal thing this time so please bring cash. Although he didn't specify I assume we will be doing things similar to last time (since we are using the same balloon people). First jump is from 10.5K and the second from 5.5K. $100 bucks for both. Wayne will correct me or confirm this shortly. These balloon people are a blast! Let's make this ROCK!!!

Blue 111-
Jeff

First jump is from 10.5K and the second from 5.5K. $100 bucks for both. Wayne will correct me or confirm this shortly. These balloon people are a blast!

That's correct. I'll have more details early this week and will post as soon as I know meeting place and time.