karenmeal

Seattle Skydivers Club: Freefly Weekend with Guano!

If you live in the Northwest, mark your calendar for June 30-July 2!

Chris Salcone and Pete Gali of team Guano will be coming to Skydive Snohomish for a weekend of freefly coaching and organizing.

This event is being sponsored by the Seattle Skydivers Club.:)
I'll post more details when we have registration information available. Feel free to PM me any questions in the meantime!

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Online registration for the event is ready.

You can go to www.seattleskydivers.org.

The cost for the event is $40 for non club members and $20 for Seattle Skydivers Club members. Registration is limited so that we can ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to do lots of coached/organized jumps. There will be an additional fee of $10 for a one-on-one coached jump.

So register early and recruit your buddies!

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Here is everything you wanted to know about the Seattle Skydivers Freefly Weekend with Guano but were afraid to ask:

Chris Salcone and Pete Gali of the freefly team Guano will be here June 30-July 2. Registration for this event is $20 for Seattle Skydivers Club Members and $40 for non-members. (So you non-members might as well join!) Registration is helping to cover the cost of coaching fees, Chris and Pete's jumps, and airfare.

What registration gets you is the opportunity to participate in small group organizing (3-4 ways), one-on-one coaching and a fun jump on sunset each day (space is limited). By registering early on www.seattleskydivers.org you can receive priority for the one-on-one coaching. Space will be limited, but we will have at least 1 organizer devoted to one-on-one coaching each day. We hope to keep him in the air as much as possible.

One-on-one coaching will cost an additional $10 per jump, but you don't have to pay for your coach's slot. Here’s how it works: Dividing into groups of 3 or 4, each individual will develop a dive plan with the coach in the presence of the rest of the group. After each person in the group has completed their 2 way with the coach, they will be debriefed in the presence of the rest of the group. This will give everyone a chance to glean something from other’s experiences as well as save the coach from elaborating on certain things too often.

On sunset load each day we would like to have a larger fun jump which will be open to jumpers of all experience levels. We can do tracking dives, hybrid dives or pylon races. Chris and Pete are bringing 1 (maybe 2) tubes for us to play with on these jumps.

In the evening we will have a projector screen on which we can watch videos from the entire day. On Friday night we are going to have a potluck dinner, so please bring a dish to share. On Saturday evening we will have a barbeque that is $5 per person. The entire weekend is BYOB. But hopefully there will be lots of "firsts".

In the event of bad weather we will have various freefly seminars, so please plan to come out regardless of weather. This event is structured in a first come first serve kind of way. So you decide what time you want to show up, and we will work you into the one-on-one coaching schedule and try to get you in the air with these guys as much as possible.

If you're just learning to freefly and would still like to participate in this event please feel free to come see me (Karen) and I'll give you some tips on drills you can do on solo jumps which could help to prepare you. If you've never tried sitflying before, then 5 solos might be enough to get you into a position in which you can benefit from freefly coaching. Obviously some people need more, but talk to me and we can decide if this camp is something you are ready for.

-Karen

I've jumped with a lot of outstanding freeflyers.

Guano are quite possibly the best organizers when it comes to putting together safe fun skydives that reward and challenge every individual in the group.

If you are in the area, don't miss this opportunity.

I agree. I have learned so much from these guys.. they were there to help me learn to freefly.:)
They're professional, laid-back and extremely knowledgeable.

I'm actually kinda hoping to have bad weather for at least part of one day so that we can get some freefly seminars in. :$

-karen

I would have to agree with Apoli. I have jumped with and spend after hours partying with Chris, and I have got to say that he is one of the best in the sport on all facets. Not only is he an amazing flyer, but there is not a single bit of skygod in this guy. He's a totally down to earth dude.

If anyone is in the area and can come to this event, it would be foolish not to partake.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

We're beginning to get a bunch of people registered. If you're interested in participating in this event make sure to register early, remember that space is limited!!

Just to add some updates..

We will accept registrations on Friday, Saturday or Sunday at the DZ. But please be prepared to pay with cash or check. Also, when you register you are not committing to participating all the days of the event. It's cool if you can only be there one day or two days, but of course I would love to see you there for all three days. :)
Also, we're trying to do a potluck on Friday, so please remember to bring a dish... and more importantly.. BEER!!!

See ya,

-Karen

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that this weekend went off without a hitch. The weather was awesome all weekend long. The boys arrived midday on Friday and did one on one and organized jumps until dark. We had a video screen put up on one of the hangers and watched the jumps from the day and some of Guano's stuff over the years. A potluck and BBQ to boot.

Saturday was insane. The Grand Caravan didn't shut down all day long. Chris was responsible for one on one's all day long, while Peter was doing the organizing. The day ended with sweet track jump that filled the plane, and a swoop and chug at the end, (Which I won, no matter what Karen says). Again, there was a great BBQ and the big screen showing the days jumps and more of Guano's sick ass, unnatural freeflying. They also gave us a glimpse into the new 4-way VRW team they have built with Elsinore Eclipse. Amazing stuff.

Sunday the Caravan didn't stop again...all day long. That's 2 days folks in a row folks! Non-stop. I thought I was going to have to hang IV bags from the ceiling cargo straps to give these boys fluids and nutrients! They just didn't stop. Peter did the one on one jumps while Chris did the organizing. I shot outside still all day long and got some amazing shots of everyone. I plan on putting up some of the photo's at the DZ. The day finished off with a cross country that was just sweet. Not too cold and absolutely beautiful. A little HP crew was had with everyone making it back safe to show off some phat freestyle swoops.

A massively big shout out to Karen and Bryan at Seattle Skydivers for making this happen and to Skydive Snohomish. Without these guys, this wouldn't have happened. Let me be the first to call for a yearly event with Guano, or at least the same caliber of gentlemen. Although, I think one would be hard pressed to find guys that will work as hard as they did at giving a full service organizing effort.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....