airborne31582

DZs near Colorado Springs, CO

You don't have to drive through the cesspool as you put it. You can take the 115 south to penrose then 50 west a couple of miles to the fremont county airport. From the main gate at Fort Carson to the manifest hanger took me about 45 min.

Death is so permanant, and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment.

Huh? You must not know the kind of cars I drive.

Anyway, yes, I guess if you were exiting one of the south gates of Fort Carson you could bust down there in 45 minutes. The thing is, Carson is (at least it was when I lived in the springs) at the southernmost tip of town. Technically more Security/Widefield than Colorado Springs. I lived off Palmer Park, then later up off of North Union, so it would take you substantially longer from up there no matter if you took Academy or went straight over to the interstate.

I think you are both smoking crack :P I live off Woodmen about 4 miles from I-25. I seem to remember it taking just under an hour in no traffic...or, unless I was on my bike...then it only took about 45 total :D So where are you guys getting 45 min from Carson?? (Ya know Chuck, I sure miss chatting with ya...)
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

I seem to remember it taking just under an hour in no traffic..

i lived just west of down town ( 30th and bijou) and it used to take about 1 hour 15 minutes to get to sdtr...

and as long as you went out the west gate from ft. carson and not the b st gate (no west bound entrance ramp to 115) it could probly be done in 45 minutes.... as long as there arn't any slow trucks on the hills to cannon city