psf

looking for a DZ near Ft. Benning.

Hello, I am looking for a DZ near Ft. Benning. I will be demobing there this spring, and would like to get a few jumps in since I will be stranded there over a weekend. Any info would be great. Thank you.
ignorance is not bliss

Thank you very much.

Side note, I've wanted to get to the fingerlakes DZ, can you see both ends of the lakes from altitude? I grew up just south of ithaca, would like to jump just for the view once.
ignorance is not bliss

there is a dz outside AUBURN al.

I think monkey can tell you where.

very nice place its located where the TUSKEEGY AIRMEN trained..yea I know my spelling sucks

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Thank you, I am very comfortable with cessna's, and it looks like a good site. Now, I just need to get back to the states, and have my chute waiting for me. Less then 25 days to go, and I'm stateside bound.
ignorance is not bliss

I'm actually getting ready to head down to Benning for AIT (reclassing Infantry...) and was wondering if there are any active jumpers stationed there? Anybody know? Buehler? Buehler?

I have no idea if I'll even have free time to jump but I figured I'd better find out just in case...

How long does it take to drive to Thomaston from post?

Sweet Gravity...

Skydive Opelika is a great family-type drop zone not far from Benning. We have several up jumpers and students who come from Benning. Aircraft is a Cessna 182 and we have 2 of 'em, like SkyMonkeyOne said above. :)www.skydiveopelika.net

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying

If your going to re-class and are headen to the ITB, forget about it. You might get one 3 day pass in the whole deal.[:/]

Now after graduation, take litle leave and tour the GA DZ's on your way to your next assignment.B|
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

there's the thomaston (sp) dz that i would probably guess is your closest but not sure. i actually go to school at auburn and i jump over in pell city, al which is about 1:30 from auburn. there's also one in cedartown but i think that might be like 2:30-3hrs from ft. benning but i'm not positive. oh yeah, there's one in monroe, ga as well. it's just a little passed atlanta if i remember correctly. i jumped there once but forget how long it took to get there