pow

Empuriabrava at Easter

Hi

I have a couple of questions about the easter boogie at Empuriabrava. Hopefully someone out there has some knowledge about it and is willing to share it...

1. Is there a lot of traffic in the air? I am new to the sport and have only jumped in Norway so far, where there were a maximum of twenty canopies in the air.
2. Is there a minimum number of required jumps?
3. Does the boogie have a focus? For instance a lot of FS or a lot of FF.

I tried to look for some info on the Empuriabrava web site, but all I could find was an advertising poster...

If my one weekend is anything to go by then the Easter boogie will be a fairly busy affair. On the Saturday and Sunday they were flying three planes at any one point although two of these were Porter's so not huge numbers of jumpers.

There is only one run in at Empuria which makes for some interesting landing patterns as you can often be intersecting other peoples landing patterns if they are downwind and you are upwind of the LZ but you should be able to deal with it. The faster planes however can put you pretty far from the DZ if the run in is downwind but there are lots of good out spots to land.

The biggest issue at Empuria is the wind. The wind comes off the mountains and it can get pretty blowy. They do occasionally put jump number restrictions up which in the four days we were there ranged from no AFF or Consolidation to 400 jump minimum. When my bro went a few years ago he was there for 4 days at easter and didn't jump due to a 500 jump min the whole time.

All that said it is an awesome DZ. Very friendly and well run and catering for all types of jumpers with RW load organisers and Freefly coaching for all skill levels.

Go along and enjoy yourself.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Empuria is a great DZ, it's the biggest in Europe and with very friendly and professional staff and great coaching available.
I have never had a problem with excessive traffic, the landing area is massive - the entire length of the runway and most of it wider than 50metres. And additionally swoopers land on the opposite side to everyone else making it safer and easier.

Hello pow,

Just a couple of points (dont want to go on too much, im not trying to advertise!) :P

No mimium jump number required.

You wont find more canopies in the air at once than you are used to because of separation between run ins

There will be organisers available for all levels of FS and FF

Main focus is on having a very happy time.

Say hello if you come,

Regan
--------------------------------------

Hey,
What's the cheapest way to travel from the Girona airport to Empuria?
I'll arrive on friday 31 march (at 08:15) so SARFA bus shuttle isn't really an option (according to the timetable on there website). I already sent an email to transferbus.com but didn't get any response :S and I believe a taxi will be quite expansive (anyone in for a share?)
Any suggestions?

Thx,
Stijn

hey

theres a bus that leaves girona airport at 09:35 in da mornin'- if not then you could always try gettin a bus from the airport to girona city, then from girona to figueres, then from figueres to empuria..hehe..
if you want to save the 80 euros you'd spend on a taxi..:S

***'embellished in clouds- now thats what I call a good &%$£&&!!

mwah!!

When is everyone showing up for the Easter boogie? .. didn't know when everyone is planning on showing up. Anyone into RW?

Don't know when the others will be coming, but I'll see you guys thursday around midnight at the Kiwi:P

I'd do some RW if my suit arrives till then.. But it's the boogie so I'll also do some other stuff :D:D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM