franksback

Missouri River Valley Skydivers Boogie

3 loads in a a little over a hour friday, 25 loads sat, good dives, cameras not working like they should, good friends, really old stories from the old days around the campfire "not sure if they are true since i couldnt even drive when they happened", good food, alot of smiles, packing way to fast, meeting new really kick ass people I hope to get to meet again, alot of wind, more wind , and more wind and by the way did i mention wind, a great sunset load with all the different DZOs from the area. I had a great weekend with all me old and new friends and I would like to thank, Tom, Chris, and Jen and everyone else that put this thing on, and Pattie for the free soda, Tim for flying his ass off. This weekend reminded me thats is not the size of the bird but the friend on the plane with you.
gthomasphoto.com

It was a great event! Killer bon fires, Friday a Saturday, (No cops waiting in the parking lot) Drank up 2 Kegs! Several fifths of the real stuff! (didn't piss off the airport manager or local citizens) First lift manifested at 8:00 am ran straight through all day (didn't wait for local airport traffic, Lift Flight, or get put on hold by ATC) Hot fueled no stops, DZO load late in the day, 5 different DZO's from different states showed their stuff! Crew lift! BAR-B-QUE to die for Saturday and Sunday! Packed in two large indoor carpeted packing areas! Great Music! GO-FAST giving stuff away! Trained and jumped students! Aired out all of the Tandem rigs several times! Jumpers from 7 different states! Late night antics in the Trailers in the Getto! Right Nate? (hey who painted my face?) and yes we are willing to sell you the photos to keep then away from the public! What can I say Just one hell of a good time! Great people! Great Skydives! Killer Food! Fun Parties! If you weren't there you missed out! Guess what! Porter is here this coming weekend! Let's Do It Again!!!!!

I just wanted to thank all of those who put on the KC boogie this weekend. Everyone went out of their way to make me and my friends feel welcome and like honored guests.

I have been part of the kc skydiving community for almost 5 years now and I can say that I didn't see any politics this weekend. There was nothing but great vibes, good food, ammenities and friendly faces. I got to know some of you around the bonfire and heard some hilarious stories. I was also inspired by all the female jumpers there and got a chance to compare notes with some of the best (thanks Jen :)

Seeing things from the business side helps me understand what people around here call politics. It was nice to see other mindful jumpers, following rules, and still having a good time. I would jump at MRVS any time and feel good about the people as well as the aircraft. In all, I left this weekend, full of great ideas and excited for the coming season!

Check out my pics from this weekend, warning...there are party shots :D feel free to add some more guys B|

[url]http://sdkc.shutterfly.com[url]

http://sdkc.shutterfly.com