sdtaft

SUPER OTTER AT SKYDIVE TAFT

I got there newsletter saying the PAC left for brokeback mountain. What's the story behind that joke? Are ticket prices going to go up? How many needed to put up a load?

It might be better for wingsuiting but I'll sure miss the tunes on the way to altitude and the fact that it was brand new....come to think of it I've never seen a WS at taft in 111 jumps.

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW THAT SKYDIVE TAFT WILL BE GETTING A SUPER OUTER AS OUR FULL TIME JUMP AIRCRAFT, STARTING FEBRUARY 25, 2006

Smart move on Dave's behalf. George and Robyn's dropzone should be opening later this year which means lots of competition.

An Otter is the only thing that will keep them afloat.

UntamedDOG

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW THAT SKYDIVE TAFT WILL BE GETTING A SUPER OUTER AS OUR FULL TIME JUMP AIRCRAFT, STARTING FEBRUARY 25, 2006

Smart move on Dave's behalf. George and Robyn's dropzone should be opening later this year which means lots of competition.

UntamedDOG

Where they opening a DZ?

How did you guys like the pac???
Im looking forward to jumping it

The PAC750 was nice. It was a brand new plane, which is rare in skydiving.

It's main drawbacks were that is was a single engine turbine, so it wasn't quite as fast as an Otter or King Air. The door was a bit low but not bad. It was a good airplane but we all knew it wouldn't last.

Dave doesn't work well with partners. We learned this with Mike Mullins and we are reliving it now that the PAC750 is gone.

Another thread mentioned that Dave actually owns this new otter from Monterey Bay. This is a good thing. Hopefully this will be the end of all the tension and bullshit that went on there with 2 people fighting over how the plane should be operated.

Example: 10 people to turn a load on a PAC750? Ridiculous!;)

UntamedDOG

Voodew...
Sam left you a Voicemail, but it arrived at Skydive Temple this afternoon. (That's in Salado, TX for those that don't jump here)

We got to meet Mark Pollack, and the plane is really nice. We start jumping no later than Friday (I put a message in Events & Places to Skydive) - he's already created a new website (www.skydivetemple.net) and he's ready to go.

We gonna see you soon?

Weaves

UntamedDOG

So glad to hear your 2 cents worth. It's amazing how these places stay in business inspite of your prognostications. I'm sure that when George & Robyn open their DZ you'll find something wrong with them too.

Tell us, were you ever kicked as a puppy ? Maybe you should've been.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Quote:
"Dave doesn't work well with partners. We learned this with Mike Mullins and we are reliving it now that the PAC750 is gone".

As regards Dave's and mine relationship, the above statement could not be farther from the truth. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Dave the two winter seasons I was at his DZ. I have worked with many DZO's throughout the country and consider Dave to be absolutely one of the best, from every standpoint.

The only reason that I was not at Taft this winter is that both Dave and I recognize that his DZ needs a year-around turbine aircraft and when the PAC offered to fulfill this need Dave, of course, took the offer and I encouraged him to do so.

I consider Dave to be a good friend, we continue to talk often, and if the opportunity again ever arose I would be very happy to work for him at Taft.

Mike Mullins

Tom your the best friend I have . You haven't yet ceased to amaze me with you wit. You have the ability to see what's important and you speak your mind well. This time I have to join in with your comments about Taft. Dave Crouch has got to be one of the most accommodating DZ owners around. I really don't know many but my experience from the past tells me he is one of a kind. He puts up with all kinds of shit that anybody else would have not tolerated AT ALL. He has a very relaxed atmosphere and has highly quilified instructors. Corky's loft on the premise doesn't hurt either. As far as getting alone with Mike Mullins...............Well his reply explains it. I personally never say any thing that that indicated that there was any thing but a mutual friendship between the two. I don't know what happened between Mark Mark and Dave but I'd put money on Dave as being in the right. :)
A Super Otter! Hot Dam
ST-51 Mike

I consider Dave to be a good friend, we continue to talk often, and if the opportunity again ever arose I would be very happy to work for him at Taft.

I am surprised to hear this. I heard that you and Dave did in fact have a falling out. Glad to hear that you both patched things up.

The rumor was that Dave felt he was being neglected because you were treated like a rock star by the up-jumpers at Taft. Everyone loved you and Dave got jealous. He wanted to be the “Prima Donna” DZ owner but you had that badass King Air which stole his thunder.

Word is, he tried to retaliate by raising ticket prices in order to earn a slice of the pie. I thought that is why ticket prices went from $14 to $17 per jump in one season.

Guys like me would constantly go up to Dave and try to tease him. I used to ask him “Hay Dave, when are you going to get a real aircraft” or “I refuse to jump out of any aircraft that doesn’t get me to altitude in under an hour”.

I suppose that wasn’t very nice of me. Sorry Dave. I hope however, my derogatory remarks were a partial influence in Dave finally investing some coin to get a truly competitive aircraft.

If this is the case, I think everyone at Skydive Taft owes me a serious debt of gratitude.

UntamedDOG

I am surprised to hear this. I heard that you and Dave did in fact have a falling out. Glad to hear that you both patched things up.

The rumor was that Dave felt he was being neglected because you were treated like a rock star by the up-jumpers at Taft. Everyone loved you and Dave got jealous. He wanted to be the “Prima Donna” DZ owner but you had that badass King Air which stole his thunder.

Word is, he tried to retaliate by raising ticket prices in order to earn a slice of the pie. I thought that is why ticket prices went from $14 to $17 per jump in one season.

Guys like me would constantly go up to Dave and try to tease him. I used to ask him “Hay Dave, when are you going to get a real aircraft” or “I refuse to jump out of any aircraft that doesn’t get me to altitude in under an hour”.

I suppose that wasn’t very nice of me. Sorry Dave. I hope however, my derogatory remarks were a partial influence in Dave finally investing some coin to get a truly competitive aircraft.

If this is the case, I think everyone at Skydive Taft owes me a serious debt of gratitude.

UntamedDOG

That is absolute crap. Dave and I never had a "falling out", there was absolutely no friction between us, we had an excellent working relationship, and we are good friends.

As for me being treated like a "rock star", no hot naked groupie chicks came to my room, no screaming fans threw their panties at me, the M&M's were random colors, and no one even offered me any drugs.

The increase in price was done by me, not Dave. The price of $14 the first year was based on the fuel prices that year and the fact that we had planned for a large contigent of Japanese to come for their training camp with us as they had done at my previous location in Coolidge. Due to an unfortunate tandem fatality, our good Japanese friends could not come. The prices the next year of $17 were based on an increase in fuel prices and the fact that the Japanese would not be coming which reduced the volume and subsequently raised the prices.

I repeat, Dave is a great DZO, he is a good friend, and the jumpers in Taft are lucky to have him running the DZ.

It seems that your goal is simply to stir shit. Well in this case there is no feces to blend so I suggest you focus your efforts elsewhere.

Best regards,
Mike Mullins

Thanks Mike for setting the record straight!

The only "hard to get along with person" at this DZ is the one who refused to give up her green M&Ms...

Hope your season is going well and we miss having you here!
Talk to you soon,
Dave Chrouch

Just to add we have no record of UntamedDOG/Brian Anderson ever being at Skydive Taft..

UntamedDOG

You know, I find it fascinating that there is someone that will talk shit about a dropzone and not even reveal who he is. You talk a lot of shit DOG, and you know things that make me think that you used to jump in Taft. I have Perris and Elsinore half the distance from me than Taft, yet I still choose to be there. You talk as if Dave has no sense of humor, and you couldn't be further from the truth. I have been there for a year and a half, and have had a lot of laughs with Dave and everyone else at the DZ. And if you think anyone on the DZ owes you anything for the new Otter, it will be a cold day in hell before that happens!!!! I have seen the DZ grow a lot in the time that I have been there, and with the PAC leaving, we needed to take another step forward. And come to think of it, I don't remember your name ever coming into conversation regarding the need for a new plane. So, my advice to you is this.....if you have nothing better to do than to stir up shit and cause problems, why don't you find somewhere else to do it. And feel free to say hi when you are in Taft so that we can put a face to your words. I am sure that there are several of us that would REALLY like to meet you!!

I am sure that there are several of us that would REALLY like to meet you!!

The rest of the regular posters to the forums wish that too. Funny how he feels obliged to put in his two cents about all the CA dropzones, but is too cowardly to let people know who he really is. :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon