picior

skydiving helmets v ski helmets

Hi everyone! I was checking lots of online shops offering skydiving helmets. Prices are from 150$ up. I have checked ski helmets and some of them look alike the skydiving ones and the prices are....... much much lower!!! Good ski helmets are already available for 50-60$.
I was just wondering if there would be any SIGNIFICANT change during the jump, if I was wearing a ski helmet?
Have anyone tried it??
Cheers guys!B|

Short answer- No, there would be no SIGNIFICANT change. There may be a few modifications to make as far as snag points, but that's about it. There are plenty of ski helmets out there that would work just as well as skydiving ones. Probably offer alot more protection in most cases too.

Skydiving helmets are WAY overpriced for what they offer for protection.

I think that you should buy a skydiving helmet. Ski helmet is cheaper but next year you will probably want a skydiving helmet. It is a life stile!
I know some friends which jump with ski helmet. It is OK, no a doubt about that, but like I sad it is a life stile.
Blue skies Robie.;)

Ski helmets have a thicker inside and therefore are heavier than the skydiving ones.
Ski helmets if homologated, and many are, need to be more resistant than skydiving ones but this envolves weight.
Racing ski helmets made out of composites are almost the same as skydiving helmets but you will not have the chance to buy one and if you get to have one they would be priced even more than a skydiving helmet.