robr

new england dzs anyone?

So I'm a student, working on finishing up AFF at Cross Keys(started in Sebastian, FL this winter), but now I want to find somewhere closer to me in CT(Avon, outside of Hartford) to stay current!!! Where should I go????
~Dottie

“Everything looks perfect from far away.”
Postal Service, Such Great Heights

Its easy to get to Jumptown from Avon - you go 91 north out of Hartford into MA, then in Greenfield, take 2 East to Orange.

JTown has a ton of instructors - I have never seen anyone wait for an instructor.

I also did my AFF in Sebastian which was fantastic (Rob and Uwe are the bomb!), but I still wish I had done it at JTown as the instruction is second to none. They use a slightly different program than Sebastian and most other DZs (including CT if I recall correctly) and it is much better IMO.

You can't go wrong doing your training at JTown. The majority of the instructors have been doing it FOR YEARS and are really on top of their game - trust me, you won't be disappointed. Its worth the drive. I live in Providence and drive up to JTown and have enjoyed every day I go (when we're jumping of course;))

Jen

edit to add: oh, ok, I see your doing it at CK. Great choice! I love CK - next to JTown its my favorite dropzone. As far as a dropzone to jump at when your licensed... Jumptown. Great vibe, great people, great planes, great (new) facilities... seriously, it rocks!
Arianna Frances

Jtown seems to be my next step then! I am hoping to get a few jumps in at CK this weekend and then again the last weekend of April and get off student status(tackling Level 6 next). I have been told by my more experienced buddies to finish up there cause a couple of the instructors I have already jumped with in Seb are up north already.

I'm pretty nervous about going to a new dz by myself tho!! So if anyone is going to Jtown in May, let me know so I can go and jump with you!
~Dottie

“Everything looks perfect from far away.”
Postal Service, Such Great Heights

So if anyone is going to Jtown in May, let me know so I can go and jump with you!

I probably won't be up there until a bit later in the summer but the folks up there are great! Especially if you're unlicensed you just show up and let manifest know you need folks to jump with - and you'll have several to choose from. Once you have your license its much the same - everyone is nice :)
Don't know if your male or female based on your profile, but I'll take a guess at female. You'll be surprised at the number of female jumpers at JTown - for its membership size. I was surprised at the large percentage of women jumpers - its great :)

When I get current again find me and we'll do a jump. There are 3 guys that are sebastian grads at JTown too. I only saw them a few times last summer, but if they're around this coming season we'll have to all do a jump :D

Jen
Arianna Frances