mikemc

any oz jumpers around?

Hello there,
in sydney at the mo. weather seems to be best in the southern regions otherwise i would be heading to ramblers. so i will head that way later in my trip.

looked at all the dz.com and apf listed dz's and adelaide or melbourne are coming out best. doesnt seem to be much happening in perth.

what are your recommendations?

It's the rainy season and officially Too Fucking Hot at Toogoolawah at the moment. Now's the time to visit places like Nagambie 'coz it's currently what passes for summer there. Sydney does seem to be having a weird weather time at the moment; it's not normally like this here.

I'm assuming it's your gf that's posted in Events & Places To Jump. Read my reply there.

Oh, and Perth has a number of DZs. York operates a Caravan and apparently has wonderful facilities.

Nagambie as a general proposition in Melbourne. However, this weekend coming (21st-22nd) and a fortnight after that will be the 4-way for everyone and freefly for everyone events at Bridgewater, run by RelWorkers (which is a non-DZ-affiliated club run by skydivers for skydivers). Nice low-stress way to meet people.

Otherwise, Tooradin is closest to Melbourne, Cessna DZ but very pretty, on the coast, and has a biplane you can jump for $A55 (ring ahead).

HTH :)

nothing to see here

Hello there,
doesnt seem to be much happening in perth.

what are your recommendations?

That would not be correct:)Perth has the single best DZ in OZ for facilites (Skydive Express York) and a very well supported fun jumper population.
WA Skydiving Acadamy is south of Perth and has great views, spartan facilites and only a few fun jumper regulars.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

thanks... off to fly to melbourne now so will check those out later.

4 way comp this weekend sounds good and we have decided to get a car for a week to check all the dz's round melbourne.

see you soon

Cool. I'll be at Bridgewater on Friday night, so I'll keep an ear out for some Pommie accents. ;)

nothing to see here