homer

What ID will I need

Hope this is ok here if not greenies you know what to do.

I'm headed to the Puerto Rico/ Caribbean Boogie next month and need to know what forms of ID will I need at check in. It will be my first skydiving trip out of the lower 48 and not sure what I need. Because its a US territory I don't need a passport. Will I need a birth certificate, drivers license other picture ID, WHAT?

Scott

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Hope this is ok here if not greenies you know what to do.

I'm headed to the Puerto Rico/ Caribbean Boogie next month and need to know what forms of ID will I need at check in. It will be my first skydiving trip out of the lower 48 and not sure what I need. Because its a US territory I don't need a passport. Will I need a birth certificate, drivers license other picture ID, WHAT?

Scott

There are no passports or visa's necessary for US citizens, which means US citizens can travel freely in and out of the island without having to pass thru customs or immigration. As far as ID a photo drivers license is all that is required although it wouldn't hurt to have a copy of your birth certificate.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and the Western Hemisphere

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. In order to facilitate the implementation of this requirement, the Administration is proposing to complete it in phases following a proposed timeline, which will be published in the Federal Register in the near future.

This is a change from prior travel requirements and will affect all United States citizens entering the United States from countries within the Western Hemisphere who do not currently possess valid passports. This new requirement will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States. Most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and to a lesser degree, Mexican citizens will be affected by the implementation of this requirement.

Will this requirement apply to travel between the United States and Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands?

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative will not affect travel between the United States and its territories. U.S. citizens traveling between the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa will continue to be able to use established forms of identification to board flights and for entry.

If traveling outside the United States or a U.S. territory, a passport or other secure document will be required. For example, a person may travel to and from the United States to the U.S. Virgin islands without a passport or other secure document, but under proposed regulations, a passport or other secure document would be required to re-enter the U.S. Virgin Islands from the British Virgin Islands or another country as of December 31, 2006.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

I would suggest a US Passport if you intend to Island hop in anyway.