alana

Mexico - Boogies in the Winter/Spring..??

Alana;
I am of course biased, but why not try Skydive El Sol in Cabo? We have now a King Air and we are freefly friendly. Being a small drop zone you can pretty much do what you want. If you come with a bunch of friends you won't regret it. But just in case, check Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta or Puerto Escondido. All are beach boogies. If you want to be inland go to Skydive Cuautla.
Full Planes and Blue Skies Always!

Alana;
I am of course biased, but why not try Skydive El Sol in Cabo? We have now a King Air and we are freefly friendly. Being a small drop zone you can pretty much do what you want.

If you come with a bunch of friends you won't regret it. But just in case, check Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta or Puerto Escondido. All are beach boogies. If you want to be inland go to Skydive Cuautla.

When are these two boogies, anyone know?

The Ixtapa boogie was a lot of fun last year for the belly flyers and free flyers. You can check the Skydive Chicago website for dates and details, then make your own travel arrangements. They are also hosting a boogie in Puerto Vallarta. Plus, they are in Ixtapa pretty much all winter with the otter so if the boogie dates don't work, you can still go and jump. Bring a few friends and make your own boogie!

edited to add: The Puerto Vallarta boogie is the first week of February, Ixtapa is the following week.

Puerto Escondido* is beautiful BUT they tend to plan their boogies at peak season-Christmas and Easter weeks- the only two weeks in the entire year where finding a reasonable priced place to stay can be a problem. If you're considering PE, just plan ahead!

*That one is organized out of Cuatla if I am not mistaken. So, check their website or the Spanish forum for details.

Puerto Vallarta is the Feb 4-11, then Ixtapa for the next week as a boogie.

I think I'm going to aim for part of that and couple it with some diving and zip line stuff and tequila touring with non jumper buddies.

But Cabo also offers a lot of the same. I just want to do some real beach jumping - monterey isn't quite there at 3 miles in.

What are your load minimums this year with the King Air?

Seven Fun Jumpers. But there are some locals now, and also some tandems. In any case it would be ideal to have a group of seven to do more jumps.

Alana and I jump at the same dz here in NorCal.. I could be tricked into another trip to Cabo B|

I am sorry I just check in once a day, but there seems to be more to say about a trip to Mexico during winter. As you know SDC comes to Ixtapa (you can check in their web site) and Puerto Escondido and Vallarta are scheduled for our Mexican Holidays, so yeah, they are pretty busy Hotel times, but there is always a place to stay. Also I think the adventure is part of being in Mexico.
Full Planes and Blue Skies Always!

They had an SDC otter last year, and will probably have that again or one from Chicagoland. I'm not 100% sure though, but it'll be an otter.

I beleive the dates are from Dec 26 to Jan 3rd or so. They might go beyond that (they did last year).
Oh, hello again!

I beleive the dates are from Dec 26 to Jan 3rd or so. They might go beyond that (they did last year).

So there's one this year in Dec! Wow that's close. Is there any information online about it?
Are they having one in March as well like last year?

Thanks Trent, long time no talk.

Sadly, as far as I know, Skydive PV is no more.......

When I was there early last March, I stayed at the hotel next door and stopped by more than once. All I ever saw was an un-manned tent on the beach. I never saw a plane, jumpers, brochures, nothing! I guess business didn't take off like they had hoped it would and they gave up before the tourist season was even over- cool location but lots of challenges.............

I've got to say the beach in Ixtapa is way better for landings and the setup (almost all of the Ixtapa resorts share that stretch of beach) is also better for drumming up business.

If you've already booked your PV vacation, I highly recommend the canopy (zip line) tour! Not skydiving, but it was a TON of fun! If I ever go back to PV, I would definitely go again!

Thanks so much for the replies - -thats sad Skydive PV isn't running!!! I've already booked my flights & hotel and it was a second thought (turned obsession) to find somewhere to jump down there =) thanks again

-kenzie

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-