tkhayes

Thanksgiving Boogie @ Z-Hills

The Thanksgiving Boogie and Turkey Meet is only a few days away and we hope to see you here for some fun and great skydiving. The weather should be excellent for the fall; the vibes will always be, of course, great.

There is a full week of stuff going on, 3 Super otters online, seminars, dinners every night, Sunshine Factory events and specials – competitions, all the usual things.

I am sending out this schedule as it stands today, this will have changes as more things are added, but you get the idea.

The best news is that we decided to help out our customers by dropping our prices for the Boogie to $21 for tickets from our recent increase. We just want to sya thanks and let you know that we do appreciate you and we are trying everything we can to keep the costs down.

See you during the Boogie and thanks again

Thanksgiving Boogie Schedule:

Load Organizing all week long by:
Oren Kalb, Alicia Wolfe, Roy Harper Jr., Nigel Turner, Scotty Carbone, Jaime Knoop, John Klueg, Martin Skrzypczak, Michele Klueg, Pip Redvers, Scott Bland, Rob Jones and Mike Wolfe

November 18 (Friday)
-Roy Harper Jr. Organizing
-Dinner at the Hard Dock Cafe

November 19 (Saturday)
-Canopy School with Sally and Martin
-Sunset Formation Skydives
-Night Jump Saturday Night, 6:30 brief, 7pm takeoff. Ticket + $5, B License minimum.
-Saturday Night Dinner at the Hard Dock Café
-Live Band Saturday Night
-Martin’s Freefly Seminar, evening
-TK’s Accuracy Seminar, “Land where you want” every time

November 20-23 (Sun.-Wed.)
Sunday—Mike Wolfe, Roy Jr., Nigel and Rob Jones Organizing
-High Altitude Load 8:30 briefing, 9am takeoff. 2 jump tickets + B License required.
Monday—Roy Jr. Organizing
Tuesday—Scotty Carbone Organizing
-Ryan Scarlett hosts an evening gear seminar—learn how to take care of your equipment.
Wednesday—Nigel Turner Organizing.

November 24 (Thursday)
-10 Way Speed Competition, 8:30am meet up for teams, 9 am start. 4 rounds, behind the line, anything else goes. 4 tickets plus $25 to enter. Organizers will be available to put teams together.
-Guy Wright also available to Organize
-Thanksgiving Dinner in the evening

November 25 (Friday)
-8 Way Competition—4 rounds of 8 Way, $25 plus 4 tickets and organizers will be available for pick-up teams.
November 26 (Saturday)
-16 Way Competition—4 rounds of “Most Excellent” competition. $20 and 4 tickets gets you in. Pick Up Teams available
-BloodNet USA is onsite all day for blood donations. Donate and you get a free jump ticket
-TK’s Safety Seminar in the evening, RSL’s, AAD’s and staying alive
-John Price Band Saturday Night.
-Martin is hosting another Freefly Seminar

November 27 (Sunday)
-High Altitude Load 8:30 briefing, 9am takeoff. 2 jump ticket + B License required.

TK Hayes

some new updates - we will have a DJ instead of band this Saturday night as the band backed out, but no sweat - still a great party.

Potatoe-Head has been paiting all week long, the DZ looks great -

$21 jumps for 13500' all through the Boogie, details and dive pools on the 8, 10, and 16 Way comps available this weekend

see you there
TK

-BloodNet USA is onsite all day for blood donations. Donate and you get a free jump ticket

There is a thread in Safety and Training where it was recommended not to jump for 2 months after donating blood. Can you get the opinion of BloodNet on this and post it here?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

rubbish - there are 'recommendations' and then there are recommendations. it depends on who you ask.

you can drive a car, fly a plane, go scuba diving, whatever after donating - who says you cannot skydive?

I have 260 donations under my belt, never had an issue

sure if you are already anemic, then maybe you should not donate in the first place. ALmost all the donors here wait until the end of the day to give - that is a good idea and as far as you need to take it

TK

I tend to agree having given blood and then ridden my motorcycle home many times, but the subject was brought up and I was just passing info between threads. If you want to comment directly in the thread in question, it can be found here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1933675;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I hope the boogie is the greatest. The "Turkey Meet" in Z-Hills in the '70s, when it was a commercial center, was the biggest meet of the year anywhere. Haven't been up there in many years, have to drop by and say hi one of these days...

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

We have had a few days of wind now – expect that will subside by Wednesday.

Thursday morning is the 10 Way Speed event – always a hit and always a lot of fun. Hope to see you there, as we will have organizers for pick-up teams and we already drew the 4 dives.

Janine will be serving Thanksgiving dinner of course – as she has been serving dinners all week long.

Anyway 3 Twin Otters online, 10 Way, 8 Way and 16 Way events all weekend long, High Altitude loads, and we are still doing Night Jumps Saturday Night along with a live band.

We are going to try and do the postponed night jump from last Saturday tomorrow (Wednesday night), so if you are interested, please let us know

See you at Z-Hills!

TK

great week folks and thanks to everyone for coming out. We had a lot of not-so-great weather days which slowed things down, but managed 85 loads, Friday and Saturday, high altitudes, night jumps, 10 Way, 8 Way, and 16 Way competitions finished with lots of teams.

THanks to everyone that helped out at the DZ, especially the pilots and manifestors,

In all some 3600 jumps done, drunken dodge ball last night, great music, seminars and more.

whew now I can relax for a few weeks and then.....
CHRISTMAS BOOGIE!!

thanks everyone

TK

great week folks and thanks to everyone for coming out. We had a lot of not-so-great weather days which slowed things down, but managed 85 loads, Friday and Saturday, high altitudes, night jumps, 10 Way, 8 Way, and 16 Way competitions finished with lots of teams.

THanks to everyone that helped out at the DZ, especially the pilots and manifestors,

In all some 3600 jumps done, drunken dodge ball last night, great music, seminars and more.

whew now I can relax for a few weeks and then.....
CHRISTMAS BOOGIE!!

thanks everyone

TK

No relaxing for you, TK. I'm heading that way this weekend (Dec 2-4):P:ph34r:. I have some freeflying and birdie flying to do.;) Sorry I didn't check out the final details on the new "dz vehicle" yet. Since I moved to WPB I haven't been down to Lauderdale to check it all out but I will;) C Ya Soon.:)