jumpingbean
freefalle
Mighty Dog
flskydiver
HeyNoSeriously
Divnswoop(95%sure)
jguy904
BIGERN13
Team Dirty Sanchez- President (Denis Neal)
falling.gator
Missg8tordivr
mwabd1
Dixieskydiver
Harksaw
Arno
JJ269J (Justin)

I will be there for sure!!

crutch
jumpingbean
freefalle
Mighty Dog
flskydiver
HeyNoSeriously
Divnswoop(95%sure)
jguy904
BIGERN13
Team Dirty Sanchez- President (Denis Neal)
falling.gator
Missg8tordivr
mwabd1
Dixieskydiver
Harksaw
JJ269J (Justin)

had to take one off, he's going to the tunnel instead...

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Any pics from the Collegiate Boogie yet? I would have killed to make it this year, but the stars and planets just didn't align.
It's a shame the boogie got moved to Palatka. I started jumping at Williston and still have a soft spot for the dropzone and some of the characters that jumped there. In my time at Williston, I never once witnessed anything that bordered on the line of unsafe - in actuality, Williston was in my opinion an excellent place to jump, with a nice small-DZ vibe that I yearn for at my current large DZ.
Hopefully I can get back to school next year, get back in the air with the falling gators, and might even end up graduating. So if anybody's got 'em, show a gator far away some love and send some pictures/stories/video from the boogie.

Yeah Ernie, nobody ever gets hurt in high winds!

yeah...all you gotta do is flair...just ask Jean! LOL

T:P

OMG, I have never flaired faster in my life!!!! Danm trees got in my way!

Sorry bout the leg strap...I will make it up to you somehow ;)

Don't freeze your arses off over there!! Not sure if I will be out tomorrow...but I sure will try. B|
F LORIDA!

Jean, I am so sorry. [:/]I have not stopped thinking about it and I am so sorry. Cant tell you how glad I am you are ok. I dont know what I was thinking then. I dont know what I would do if I caused someone to get seriously hurt, or worse. :S:(

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA

Again I am glad you are ok. I'll be out there tomorrow. You going?

Shit!! I have to work...I was out there yesterday. I thought I had today off, but it seems that I do not! Trying to get out early though for a load later..I will call Tammie to see if you all are still out there.
F LORIDA!

I put one on The Bonfire here
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2029806;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
I'll post more on the skydive Palatka website as I get them
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out before/during/after the boogie. Art Shaffer and his Skydive Palatka staff, UF club members, other jumpers who pitched in, the Red Bull reps, my parents Mike and Darlene Lee, and everyone else. I think the event was a success and I look forward to seeing you all next year.

Jared Lee
Cohete Rodriguez / Team Dirty Sanchez #74
Former President, UF Falling Gators

Mike and Darlene--you guys ROCK! You really went the extra mile while all of us were goofing off (aka jumping). Thanks a bunch! I know no one went home hungry (for food). The boogie had a good crowd and some good jumps at a great dz!B|

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

Despite the weather and the incident on sunday I had a great time.................and a special thanks to Darleene for keeping an eye on the little ones! See ya next year.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out before/during/after the boogie. Art Shaffer and his Skydive Palatka staff, UF club members, other jumpers who pitched in, the Red Bull reps, my parents Mike and Darlene Lee, and everyone else. I think the event was a success and I look forward to seeing you all next year.

No, No, No...thank you guys...Art and Jeff and everybody at Skydive Palatka...Especially Mike and Darlene. I gained 7 pounds while there.:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I agree that Art, Skydive Palatka, the Lee's, the Falling Gator's and the jumpers who showed up were great. There were great people with whom to skydive and hang out. Sunday and Monday's weather was great.
I was however very disappointed to see the turnout be so low. And from the original post on this forum, there was not all the "stuff" promised. I am also very disappointed to see this forum, which started out to be an advertisement for the boogie, become a clothesline for hurt feelings. I really had hoped and expected college educated people to take the high road. However, I did have a great time and look forward to a more prosperous boogie next year.
People Too Weak To Follow Their Own Dreams Will Always Keep You From Following Yours.

Hey Emily, other than the helicopter (it had unforseen maintanace issues) what was not delivered that was promised. Sorry, but if someone has an issue, I really would like to see it addressed. We purposefully scheduled no Tandems (although we took walk-ups on space availiable only). We did lots of free/reduced price tandems for the vendors. The AFF and Static line students were from the Falling Gators and the UNF skydiving clubs. Tammie was giving free instruction and loaning out suits for the Birdman flocks. Larry and Jeff (Guy) were organizing the belly flyers. The Lees did a wonderful job of keeping everyone fed. Manifest and the pilots kept the loads turning. I am sorry, just trying to figure out what wasn't "delivered".

Other than the low turnout, I think Jared oganized a wonderful boogie and hopefully it will grow into what Mark Wheeler originally had in mind when he started this many years ago.

Blue Skies,

Art

PS Congrads to Jean for making her 100th skydive on Monday!

there was not all the "stuff" promised

Emily, This sounded kind of negative and I guess I feel some obligation to respond since I made the original post. I posted what I was told was going to occur. The 4 way scrambles were meant to happen Saterday afternoon (kind of like the hog flop) but the winds (30-40 mph) kept us on the ground. We found out Friday that the helicopter was not going to make it...hmmm....what do you do about that? If it can't fly, it can't fly. A lot of people had a good time and I hope you did also. The other 'stuff' I am not sure what you are exactly referring to. Jared worked hard to arrange the demo stuff...things happen.[:/]

This was never meant to become a 'clostheline' or anything else and I do regret that it got negative in any way.

A lot went into bringing this event together and I appreciate the people who worked so hard. Despite the weather and some other small letdowns, I had a great time!

TB|
Let's have fun! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea..here are some pictures of what followed my 100th. The chase and the take down!

Dayum.. I'm sorry I missed that. I'm so glad that Swoop stepped up to the plate and took you down!!!

It was pretty funny. We were so far away, if he did not take her down we would not have caught up without losing all of the whipped cream! LOL Woohoo!!! WAy to go Swoop!!

You need to get your ass to Jean's as quickly as you can on thurs night so we can get on the road to the keys! We want to get past Miami before rush hour!

T;)
Let's have fun! :)

***a wonderful boogie and hopefully it will grow into had in mind when he started this many years ago.

Blue Skies,

Art

PS Congrads to Jean for making her 100th skydive on Monday!

As I had stated before, and others implied differently, this was a DZ event originally.

Jairo also implied that it was a "Williston tandem boogie" when in fact the people in charge of the FG at the time are the ones that insited on tandem discounts for a profit for them and are the ones who pushed to promote it. I admit the dz also was happy to do the tandems as well as all of the Instructors that made money from it (needless to say much more than the DZ). Jairo how much did you make?

It still amazes me how people will twist the truth for thier benifit out of personal gratification for God knows what reasons.

I am just tired of people attacking a business that has done nothing but help these people get where they are today! I normally try to rise above these childish remarks but sometime you have to stand up for yourself or else all everyone hears are the lies!