jumpingbean001

Collegiate Boogie January 13-16, 2006

...You mean I might do mine the same time you do yours??? :o:|

I'll do yours if you'll do mine! :D:D

How bout we all just do it together!!! :D

Cool! I'm up for a cluster-fuck!

Jean, you'd better be there this time.....>:(;)
I'll cruise in Thursday night....

Hotel share anyone?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't remember Art, and I've never seen the video, so I think that means it never happened. ;)Anyway, I have been recovering from a head injury with multiple fractures, and I am slightly concerned about the force of the wind in my face. By Friday I hope to have the doctor convinced that I'm good to go, but I am thinking a full-face helmet would be a good idea anyway.

I have some cousins coming into town. So I will only be there for a little bit, or in spurts.....I am sure I will work somethin out! :P

All right...that's it...I am offically no longer stalking missg8tordivr....>:(

Here's a quick update on the boogie. Most of this is still being finalized but it's pretty solid.

For a $20 registration fee each participant will receive a custom designed long sleeve T-shirt,, dinner for 2 nights, and all the beer you can obtain from the 2 kegs that will be delivered with gas hookups. There will be concessions on site for breakfast and lunch to provide biscuits, hamburgers, hot dogs and the like for obscenely low prices.

Also, there should be some goodies from Wings/Aerodyne/PD(?). I'm going to snag some free Red Bull from the UF student rep and have that to hand out. The Red Bull 6-wheel-drive military Pinzgaur is scheduled to make an appearance some time Monday.

And of course, there will be plenty of amazing jumps from the Grand Caravan and helicopter during the day and awesome partying at night. If anyone has a beer pong table they'd like to bring out that would be great, if not we can just use one of the picnic tables. If you have any questions let me know or check out www.skydivepalatka.com.

Jared Lee
Cohete Rodriguez / Team Dirty Sanchez #74
Former President, UF Falling Gators

Where the hell is Palatka? Clemson will be there fo' sho'.

crutch
jumpingbean
freefalle
Mighty Dog
flskydiver
HeyNoSeriously
Divnswoop(95%sure)
jguy904
BIGERN13
Team Dirty Sanchez- President (Denis Neal)
falling.gator
Missg8tordivr
mwabd1
Dixieskydiver
Harksaw
Arno

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

It's a very sad commentary in a sport as great as skydiving, when a few disgruntled bad apples would go as far as to try and discredit a dropzone for their own personal reasons with lies of which none are true and are even slanderous. I have been in this sport 33 years, I am a Pilot, FAA Rigger, and Instructor with thousands of jumps to my credit, but most of all consider myself a diplomat in a sport where people with enormous egos and poor judgement try to promote bad will to a dropzone with an excellent saftey record, safe gear, "as well as any in the sport", and a safe airplane with a door.

When skydivers stoop to a level saying we have cleaner bathrooms than thiers, something is wrong. I am the Pilot at Skydive Williston and have no ill feelings toward anyone and would hope in the midst of all this negitivity on the part of the people that left that thier are none towards me. We here at Skydive Williston are a happy family of skydivers. We love what we do, have fun doing it and hope that the people that left do the same, get on with their lives and stop trying to promote bad will to a great sport.

Charles "Ivan" Irwin,
D-5635

....and I'll offer FREE T-10 rides, towed behind a truck, at midnight, down the runway like last year at this time!!!:P

...and I'll offer extensive PLF training for those who've never jumped a T-10....:D

...and I'll offer extensive PLF training for those who've never jumped a T-10....:D

Sounds like this T-10 is something I want to just stay away from all together. (<---Is that right, "all together, or is it altogether?) Oh well, maybe I shood have staied in college. :P:ph34r:

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA

I have read some of the comments on this post and realized that I needed to reply:

The collegiate boogie originated at Skydive Williston to help college students and their clubs get to know one another and to introduce and encourage others to get into the sport. It was set up to be a fun event and hopes that wherever it is held that it continues to promote comroderey, fun jumping between college students, all jumpers and to introduce new skydivers to the sport that we all love so much!

Skydive Williston has an excellent safety record and has never had an incident due to unsafe gear. It amazes me that there has never been a gear safety issue until recently when a few individuals that are no longer here seem to have a personal gain to discredit this drop zone. Skydive Williston is a strong advocate of safety.

Business are bought and sold everyday and in no way reflects the day-to-day operations. At Skydive Williston we maintain our commitment to safety, fun and excellence in this growing sport.

Skydive Williston wishes for future success of the collegiate boogie!
Blue Skies,
Chrissy