TribalTalon

so who here jumps at Skydive Temple?

Seeing as i'll be here in Temple for the time being, i figured i've taken a long enough hiatus from jumping. its been a little over a year now, but feels like yesterday that i hung it all up. i'm planning on going out to sdt to get recertified and start jumping again. any freefliers out there? i was doing mainly sitflying before, and dabbled a little in head down but am nowhere near proficient in that. also have done some CRW with biplanes, downplanes and things of that nature. anywhoo, i'm sure some people will still remember me, which is fine. i'm just hoping this time to avoid most of the drama. B| so, Skydive temple people, dont be shy, speak up!

Hey Don, i think you might have picked a bad time to go to Temple. I heard they are shutting down for an extended period of time. Not sure when but i think it is pretty soon.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Well, the current scoop is that the dz's last weekend will be the weekend right before Thanksgiving. That's right before Rich goes in for surgery. There is high hope right now that the people who are interested in buying it will come through and keep it open, as its been home to me for so many years now I can't imagine being anywhere else.

I am always looking for new CRWdogs in the area though :-)
W

yeah billy vance told me that you would probably take me under your wings.. that sucks that they are closing though. looks like i'd be out of luck if that happened, there's no way i could afford driving all the way to skydive san marcos on a regular basis. skydive temple on the other hand is only like 15 mins away. i'll probably try to come out this weekend some time just to say hi if the weather is decent.

yeah billy vance told me that you would probably take me under your wings.. that sucks that they are closing though. looks like i'd be out of luck if that happened, there's no way i could afford driving all the way to skydive san marcos on a regular basis. skydive temple on the other hand is only like 15 mins away. i'll probably try to come out this weekend some time just to say hi if the weather is decent.

do you post on DFW or AAS? your name looks familiar... ;)

Roscoe

so are there any freefliers there too? i mean, i like crw alot but i'd be kind of iffy with 4 ways. i've been out of the sport for about a year, i'm sure i'll get the hang of it quickly again but still. i mostly did 2 ways just goofing around doing stacks and stuff like that. i'm not a pro crw'er by any means. lol.

You could always get with Lee Hardesty about trying CRW. Joe has a few Lightnings laying around that he has always been willing to lend out. I am sure we could put together enough people here to get you on a 4 way plane.

oh yeah, the last CRW jump I was on up in Dallas was you, Joe, and Lee.... :)

it was the jump that you borrowed Dobber's lovely rig and we did 4 stack rots.

Hey yall,

I was hoping we could get something put together in the next few weeks (1st or 2nd week of December) and make a few CRW jumps out at Skydive Dallas.

I called Lee about it and he recommended that I talk to Joe once I can get more info to get everything organized.

If you're interested let me know. :)
I think Joe has a few canopies we can use, but I'm going to give Kim @ PD a call tomorrow to see if I can get a bigger Lightning demo, so if you're in need of one let me know and I'll ask her about it.;)

Hey yall,

I was hoping we could get something put together in the next few weeks (1st or 2nd week of December) and make a few CRW jumps out at Skydive Dallas.

I called Lee about it and he recommended that I talk to Joe once I can get more info to get everything organized.

If you're interested let me know. :)
I think Joe has a few canopies we can use, but I'm going to give Kim @ PD a call tomorrow to see if I can get a bigger Lightning demo, so if you're in need of one let me know and I'll ask her about it.;)

I was under the impression that PD doesn't have any Lightnings for demo. A crwdog couple has them all, if I'm not mistaken. You could contact them, they do read the forums a bit.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Great news... Just got this from Rich yesterday:

SKYDIVE TEMPLE WILL RE-OPEN WITH PENNY AND MARK POLLACK AS THE NEW OWNERS! THEY WILL BRING THEIR PAC 750 TO THE DZ FOR THE ONLY JUMPSHIP, AND WILL BE FLYING ROUND TRIPS JUMPS TO 13500' IN 16 MINUTES!

COME OUT AND JUMP THEIR GREAT AIRCRAFT, THE ONLY AIRCRAFT SPECIFICALLY MADE TO FLY SKYDIVERS! BRING YOUR "FIRST PAC" BEER TOO AND STAY AROUND TO GET TO KNOW THE NEW OWNERS.
THE SAME TELEPHONE NUMBERS WILL BE IN OPERATION, 245-947-DIVE (3483) TO GET THE EXACT OPENING DATE.

SEE YOU HERE!

RICH