virginflyer3

AFF courses in Europe

So far i can see that Bagwarrior and Skynovice are unhappy people in terms of the FFU.
I would kick off by saying why do we go skydiving? as this seems to have been forgotten- i came over from the sport of skiing in Verbier and wherever you go and However you do it as long as youre on the snow who cares? Everybody respects each other and that is not the case here.I have been for two weeks to the FFU and all the people i met there had a truly amazing time, you dont have to trust me and no i am not one of Davids mates but ive been on more professional courses with the Army, Police and civilan street to know that thet are of a high standard.
As an example David gave me and my wife a call when we landed in Madrid to check we were okay and had a good journey-nice touch. Andy Guller was my Instructor and they dont come much better why?Its not just about the content of the course but the manner in which it is delivered-they all give you confidence and determination and a huge sense of fun. Lets talk about the facilities,Aranjuez wicked nightlife, close to Madrid, Dz 15 minute drive from the city, FULL SIZE pool for when you want to cool off after a hard days jumping, Porter aircraft,Good rigs and Grat Instructors with a real FAMILY feel about the place. The Spanish staff all helpful and great fun.
Now i wanted to write this because i wanted more people to see THE REAL SIDE of FFU and have the pleasure to experience it themselves, now i dont have many jumps or experience but for all budding Students out there you should see me fly-not too bad.
I think slagging off the FFU is wrong, yes post a view and leave it but i shall be returning and i could go to ANY place in the World to jump. Oh by the way i may have included some poor grammar but im no Paperwork Paratrooper-lifes too short, spread some good Karma for a change you might feel better when you look in the Mirror, move on.
Any budding Students take your pick of the Schools my times going to the FFU and good luck.B|

People can bad mouth the place but there opinoins are worthless

For my money, I would like to hear all types of views before parting with a load of cash. I would always encourage people to post their honest views on this type of subject - it does not take much effort to pm people who leave feedback to find out when they were there, exactly what the problems were etc. At least with more specific knowledge of the issues people stand a chance of finding out whether the issues are still there or are likely to have been resolved.

It's good to read the positive stuff but let's keep the balance by seeing both sides of the story.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Well Gadget dean it would seem that your not happy about anyone else having an opinion.. maybe you ought to move to a dictator state so that your opinion is the only one that counts.... all prospective students to the Freefall university are entitled to have the good and bad made available to them so they can then make an informed choice thats what living in a democratic society is all about, my experience was bad but i'm not going to lie about it, so that many more people can go there and return feeling the same as me. i've made my reasons clear why i was not happy.. as for bagwarrior, maybe he had the same experience...

I had no idea how emotive this subject would be and I am sorry that it has become a war zone of words when all I wanted to know was where to do my AFF without implicating anyone in particular and making this thread a place to slag off DZ's so publicly. I suppose I should have worded my thread a bit better.
For the record I have had dealings with most of the the DZ's mentioned and I have found that their customer service and attitude have been impeccable and they have only been too happy to help and answer questions I needed answering. What happens next is down to me or anyone else taking up the challenge of doing their AFF no matter where or who it is with.
I am still undecided about where to go but I know that I will make the right decision for my skydiving career. ;)

I've gotten pm's today from 4 different people about this thread. You all are driving me crazy! :|

For everyone involved in this thread, please remember the general rules of the forums. There are no personal attacks or advertising allowed. I have already deleted posts that break these rules. A personal attack is not the same as someone voicing a negative experience or opinion.

That said, a consumer needs to read these forums with an open mind. If someone is expressing a negative opinion about a dz and doesn't bother to fill in their profile, then you must be wary of what their real motivation is. It's very easy to hide behind a computer, create multiple personalities or just plain lie so you can make your home dz look better. I'm not saying all the people in this thread have done that, I'm just making that reminder. Caveat Emptor.

Do not make this thread turn into a pissing match between competitive dropzones, it will be deleted very quickly and unfortunately the valuable information here will go along with it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I am looking for a suitable DZ/AFF school in Europe to do my AFF (Excluding the UK) and was hoping that some of you might have some personal reccomendations, warnings or tips that I should be aware of. I am keen to go as soon as possible (maybe Jan/Feb)

As too your last post, dont worry we're just enjoying some humourous banter...

But hey ..... Go to Empuriabrava

Why?

Great beach ( Feb Jan Cold )
Great Nitelife
Excellent varied food styled Restaurants
Worldclass Coaches
True One on One attention
Highly respected BPA school ( Important if you are coming from the UK )
Super Otter plus 2 Porters
Canopy school & Formation Skydiving School
Babylon Freefly ( world champions !! )

This DZ is the best place in Europe, go and meet them, make friends. Plus the Pyrenees mountains are 1-2 hours away and at this time of year you could do some snowboard at La Molina.

The weather is pretty good in Febuary, but dont hold this as gospel.

PM Piisfish, hes a regular there.

And most importantly, " WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SKYDIVING !!

Check out www.freefallco.com

Bagwarrior
Client Scare

JAMES!!!!

How rude!! :$

now stop hyjackin this thread! :P

AFF in Europe is the question......One lad here started tuesday morning, finished in the evening, did his consols the next day...and was sitflying yesterday.

He is a snowboard world champ but still....not bad eh?

hope you get to do your AFF and have lots of fun!!

regan
--------------------------------------

this might seem uselss as it doesn't help your requirments but...

... IF everything goes to pot and you can't find a place soon enough (although this is very unlikely;)) and are forced to stay in England check out UK parachuting. The new owners have turned the place around into a SUPERB dz.

They turn over tons of AFF students and this is just their first year!!!The facilities are improving as we speak!

Although ive never been to any other UK dz, if you do do it in UK, then I promise you you would love Old Buckenham (uk parachuing DZ name)- they are really friendly and know what they are doing without a doubt.

www.ukprachuting.co.uk.

Check it out if you need UK, and have a word with Grant or Tomo.

Theyll get you fixed and through the course in no time.

Good luck.!

Mike

As i have said before i would, learn to skydive with either freefall addicts or skyrats they both have very good reputations, the Freefall university may have these also but you are not aware who has put the stuff on here, i have heard that quite a few staff pose as students on dz.com, which i think is unfair to all the potential students out there, who read these and make up a decision based on what people say in here... my experience was bad of the freefall university....

i have heard that quite a few staff pose as students on dz.com, which i think is unfair to all the potential students out there, who read these and make up a decision based on what people say in here.

I've also heard that disgruntled ex-employees of certain dz's make negative posts on here to try to take business away from their ex-bosses as some sort of childish vendetta. :S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon