mattlong

Its cold and cloudy - is spain any better

Hi All

I'm thinking about zipping over to Skydive Empuriabrava for a long weekend in a few weekends time......what is the weather usually like this time of year?

Are there any times of the year when the clouds roll in and its gets all grey like here (UK), or do they get to jump most days of the year (from height)?

Any views would be most welcome.

Cheers

Matt

Empuria weather… can be good, can be bad. Probably better than the UK, but don’t put money on it as you could turn up for the weekend and find the Tramontana (mountain winds) in for the weekend.

It’s Europe in winter so I’m afraid it’s a matter of taking a chance on the weather!

Vicki

don’t put money on it as you could turn up for the weekend and find the Tramontana (mountain winds) in for the weekend.

check www.windguru.cz and in the locations, Spain, San Pere Pescador (village right next to EB...). Forecasts are quite accurate generally.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

yeah mate..difficult one:S
majority of folk will tell you the weather's 'touchwood' if you went to empuriabrava at this time of the year. A suggestion would be to book a last minute flight, whilst checking the weather in the process about 4 or 5 days before flying out there.. ?

The thing is with English weather - its so hard to predict so onetime it could say sunny and rain all day and vice versa.

Generally the weather in spain is better, but IMHO, i would look for somewhere where the weather is more predictable than here, regardless of where it is.

Portugal has good weather .

Youre frustration is understandable. But travelling to different drop zones should be more holiday based than weather based. If youre in the UK it may be rainy and all but it does have its beautiful fall and even winter days even though the days are a bit shorter. What if you had gone to Florida for a few days of good weather jumping? You probably wouldnt be jumping right now. Just stick it out I say.

What if you had gone to Florida for a few days of good weather jumping? You probably wouldnt be jumping right now

I doubt you would do that when you are told a week ago that the hurricane was coming:P

England, worst weather in the world, take your chances elsewhere. I hear New Zealand is beautiful at the moment:P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store