partyboy

Black and Gold meet this year..?

I have missed the past three Black and Gold meets and this year it looks as if I am going to be able to make it.

Does anyone know what the dates are? That’s my biggest concern.

I also have been told that we as military get to jump for free as fast as we can pack and get on the plane..? I hope that is a true rumor...:o

If anyone has any details as to when it will take place and what will be going on there, and the benefits involved please PM me or let me know here if that’s cool, too. Thanks for all the help.

Up High!!

I also have been told that we as military get to jump for free as fast as we can pack and get on the plane..? I hope that is a true rumor...Shocked

very true rumor.....actually it is for ONLY military personal and we all jump for free that weekend......usally have the otter and the foker flying...not sure on dates...but i will be there videoing 4-way and 8-way speed comps
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

There have not been anything other than active duty, green ID card holders able to jump for the past two years at least. Quite a bummer for us retirees and the boad-load of reservists and national guardsmen that used to make the trip up here. Dependants used to be able to jump as well, just like they could in the military clubs. There were, however, some allied forces jumping the past few years. I know the Canadian Skyhawks were jumping at the meet two years ago.

Chuck

I tired the GK web sight and coudn't find the dates.

I must have just missed it.

Our team is down to 2 active jumpers due to the deployment. If we do get to go we will be needing 2 others and video! or we could just go have fun and fill in where ever.:P

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Video.

And the other slots are pretty flexable. Myself and the other jumper where the outside and inside centers.

But lately I have been having fun on point and occasionally tail.

My biggest concern is the date and seeing of my schedule will allow the trip. [:/]

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Unfortunately I just volunteered myself to go TDY on those dates, if the trip falls through I'll get in touch with you and see if you're still looking for another jumper, and if so I'd be more than happy to come out and fill a slot for you guys if you'll have me.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

couple of question

1. whats the link to the info on this

2. can i bring a military friend to make his first jump or it this for licensed jumpers only

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

The days are: 11 - 14 Nov

At last year's event you needed to have all your ducks in a row at the "registration" table: ID card, current USPA #, current reserve repack card... your container got inspected as well.

At last year's event there were some vendors and food concessions as well.

I believe some team guys jumped HALO rigs as well.

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

A few of us from Colorado will be making the trip for the meet. We are getting in late friday night (we haven't bought tickets yet. Should we fly into raleigh or charlotte. Also is there there anybody out there that could give us a ride from either of those airports to the meet? Thanks!

A smart person would actually fly straight into Fayetteville. Depending on what airline you choose, it's basically the same price to either FAY or RDU. The meet is actually in Laurenburg, but you would have the best chance of getting a ride if you flew into FAY. RDU is about 75 miles up US-1 from Laurenburg.

Chuck

A smart person would actually fly straight into Fayetteville

You mean a rich person. I have seen rates as high as an extra $500 just to fly into Fayetteville depending on the airline. Unless you have money to burn or FF miles it is way cheaper to fly into RDU and drive down.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING