chaoskitty

"Above Nashville Skydiving"... is NOT!!

Geez here we go again... just got the new yellow pages and theres an ad for Above Nashville Skydiving.. so called the number and guess where they are??? c'mon guys, one guess! Cedartown, GA! A full FOUR hours SOUTHEAST of Nashville.

Am I surprised? No. But I hope that by posting this, at least one person gets good information and saves themselves the frustration of being lied to.
sigh.

Anyone is welcome to email or PM me for info on dropzones actually near Nashville.

And I'm not posting this to start a whole new ASC-bashing thread. Just exposing bad info.

Carry on.

It wouldn't be an ASC bashing thing, it could be a skyride bashing thing though. ASC is just a dropzone, skyride is the booking agency who through various "different practices" books tandems and other stuff. :P

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Dan...

They are one and the same. Both Owned and Operated by the same people with the same business practices.
ASC was doing the Million Websites pretending to be other places, We are only 20 minutes from everywhere, $10 extra for the "Big" Plane - long before they Started Skyride and took the act Nationwide.

I am not trying to bash the Jumpers or staff there, Lots of cool people there.. But ASC is SKYRIDE.

Hi CK

Are they a USPA GM DZ?;)

BTW how may miles from Nashville to the nearest DZ?

R.I.P.

The nearest DZ to Nashville is TN Skydiving Center in Tullahoma. Its just closed right now.. but not forever. 90 min drive.
Next is Skydive Alabama, in Cullman. 2 hour drive but totally worth it.
Sometimes they fly a 182 up in Russelville, KY. If there are tandems to fly, you can have one of the extra slots. Thats about an hour away too.
West TN Skydiving is 3.5 hours. Atlanta DZ's are 4-5 hours.

Why don't you post the story about the dead man who gave away the Tullahoma phone number.

Oh yes.. well apparently the spirit of Chris Martin was able to contact Bellsouth and have the 800 number to his drop zone forwarded to 800 Skyride. He must have wanted them to have all of his tandem business. How generous, right? :S

Don't people know better than to try to piss off dead people?

Oh yes.. well apparently the spirit of Chris Martin was able to contact Bellsouth and have the 800 number to his drop zone forwarded to 800 Skyride. He must have wanted them to have all of his tandem business. How generous, right?

Is anyone pursuing Criminal Charges on this? It was clearly Fraud and Theft by Deception.

The nearest DZ to Nashville is TN Skydiving Center in Tullahoma. Its just closed right now.. but not forever. 90 min drive.
Next is Skydive Alabama, in Cullman. 2 hour drive but totally worth it.

Hi CK

Lets see if a person living in the Nashville metro plex and wanted to make a Tandem they have a choice between Skydive Alabama, a 2 hr drive with a sweet looking turbine king air or driveing 4 hr's to "Above Nashville"

Scratch head, scratch butt:S Scratch head, scratch butt:S

Duh I think I'd choose..........Skydive Alabama and save myself a extra 4 hrs of travel timeB|.

The new DZ's name "Above Nashville" does have a frontline ring to it (Yellow pages;)

Whats next a ad for "AAA skydiving school". [:/]

R.I.P.

...Yeah but they're in GA so who taught them how to spot? I'd ask for a go-round. :D

oh sweet jesus ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're killin' me K.:D:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Stealing from a dead mans family...Anyone want to comment...or defend

What defense? Sounds like a good ass-whuppin' is in line somewhere down the pipe.

(please excuse mixed metaphors)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Not sure, but I do know that the situation has been handled. Like Chris's family didnt have enough to deal with.

Stealing from a dead mans family...Anyone want to comment...or defend

I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation for this>:( Can you get any lower?
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Btw Kitty...also North of Nashville you have

Greene County Sport Parachute center its right at Bardstown Ky.Approx 144 miles from Murfreesboro TN. They have several 180's and a Beaver. They also fly one of Paul Fayard's Otter there when they have the annual Hog Roast. I was just there this past weekend Good Eatin me friend. Cool place all in all..;):)

Is
David Nye going to be working at TSC?

Well Ed thats a question you need to ask Beezy im sure he knows the up and up and maybe could answer that. You can always reach him at HiperUSA and while your at it Im sure he would appreciate you buying a new Canopy from him..B|

He's no longer with Precission he's with Hiper. He has the best canopy so good companies want to copy it:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?