Nemo

help me choose a new dz - USA east coast

Hey folks,

I have a long weekend to celebrate, and would like to visit a different dz. Criteria are below. Can you assist?

The dz must have:

- Good vibes, friendly people.
- A relatively large landing area. Good outs would be a bonus.
- at least one turbine aircraft to help me make 5 or 6 jumps per day.
- camping or a bunkhouse.

I can pick up a reasonably priced ticket to the east coast, hence I would prefer somewhere on the east coast, preferably within 100 miles of a major airport such as Philly, Baltimore, anyplace in New England, etc.
Easy access via train or bus would be most excellent. I would rather not have to rent a car, because if the weather is jumpable, there won't be much need for a car. Unless I am way out in the boonies somewhere.

I have been to Cross Keys, Deland, Z-Hills, Lake Wales, SDC, Ultimate High PC (Vancouver Island), Puerto Rico, and the Ranch (NY). It is a bit too hot for me to visit Florida right now, so that is why I am thinking central-east coast.

Many thanx in advance,

Dale

ps I only have a dial-up connection, so reading all of the dz reviews takes far too long, and choosing between dz's is even harder.

Here fishy fishy!

Come check out Skydive Delmarva. The dropzone is located about two hours from the DC - Baltimore area and is close to the Maryland - Delaware Beaches. There is always a turbine on the weekends.

Whether you're into RW or free flying you will definitely find someone to jump with. It's a relaxed friendly atmosphere -- fun jumps and bonfires and cookouts on Saturday nights. You can't get much of a better landing area. There are farms everywhere for outs. There are RV slots, free tent camping, and a bunkhouse. There are also couches and pullouts around so finding a place to crash is no problem.

Hope to see you out there! B|

When is your long weekend? Jumptown in Orange ma is having a CASA boogie July 21 to July 24. It is about 75 or 80 miles from Logan Airport. The people out here have good vibes, a HUGE landing area, lots of outs, and areas where you can pitch a tent.

http://www.jumptown.com/events/events.shtml

Its going to be a kick ass weekend, we will be having 40 ways, new england crew record, speed skydiving, load organizing by Dennis Rook. Its going to be a good time. You should come out and visit :)
~Shelly

Hi there:

We would love to see you here at Skydive Cross Keys. There is a great fellowship, good organizers, and lots of turbine aircraft! The Philadelphia International Airport is a 20 minute drive, the Atlantic City Airport is a 40 minute drive. The skydiving center is located in a nice little municipality with lots of restaurants, movie theaters, and shopping within 5 minutes.
Open every day, we fly a Skyvan, Super Otter, Caravan, and even a turbine Chopper when available!
Hotels and motels are close by, free camping is available on-site, and we have a shower house and bathroom for campers.
For more information, feel free to email us at [email protected], or call 856-629-7553 any day after 10 am!
Where the world comes to skydive!

Hey folks,

I have a long weekend to celebrate, and would like to visit a different dz. Criteria are below. Can you assist?

The dz must have:

- Good vibes, friendly people.
- A relatively large landing area. Good outs would be a bonus.
- at least one turbine aircraft to help me make 5 or 6 jumps per day.
- camping or a bunkhouse.

I can pick up a reasonably priced ticket to the east coast, hence I would prefer somewhere on the east coast, preferably within 100 miles of a major airport such as Philly, Baltimore, anyplace in New England, etc.
Easy access via train or bus would be most excellent. I would rather not have to rent a car, because if the weather is jumpable, there won't be much need for a car. Unless I am way out in the boonies somewhere.

I have been to Cross Keys, Deland, Z-Hills, Lake Wales, SDC, Ultimate High PC (Vancouver Island), Puerto Rico, and the Ranch (NY). It is a bit too hot for me to visit Florida right now, so that is why I am thinking central-east coast.

Many thanx in advance,

Dale

ps I only have a dial-up connection, so reading all of the dz reviews takes far too long, and choosing between dz's is even harder.

Here fishy fishy!

two words
The Farm
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm

Well, since you are too much of a sissy for Florida summer:P - I'd say head to CrossKeys although you've already been there.

Next time you are in Florida head to Sebastian - you'll never want to jump over cowfields again! Although, landing out when surrounded by cowfields is definitely less nerve-racking!

Well alrighty then!

I forgot to include travel dates in my initial post, so here goes. It looks like either the last weekend in July or first weekend in August.

Anybody know the operating hours of the Farm? Any weekdays? I know, I know, give them a call or email.

For all of you who suggested CK, this is for you: CrossKeys rocks! Just feeling like trying someplace different that's all, especially since I plan to visit CK in September.

Peace,

nemo

I always suggest Skydive Orange when people ask about dropzones on the East Coast; it's got an awesome vibe both during the day and at night.

Usually, they only fly the Super Otter on the weekends and rarely during the week, but the schedule shows the Golden Knights being at Orange the first week of August. If that's confirmed, I'm sure the Otter will be up all week long.:D

www.skydiveorange.com

Well alrighty then!

I forgot to include travel dates in my initial post, so here goes. It looks like either the last weekend in July or first weekend in August.

Anybody know the operating hours of the Farm? Any weekdays? I know, I know, give them a call or email.

For all of you who suggested CK, this is for you: CrossKeys rocks! Just feeling like trying someplace different that's all, especially since I plan to visit CK in September.

Peace,

nemo

every friday thru monday daylight to dark then the party starts... come play with us I'm positive you will have a good time...
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm

www.skydiveatlanta.com
Thomaston, GA

July 30, 31 CPC swoop comp

Super King Air- 8.5 minutes to 14,000+
20+ loads per day, Saturday & Sunday
1 hour drive from Atlanta/ Hartsfield airport
15,000 square foot hangar, free camping, showers
Huge landing area- tons of outs
Very laid back, fun crowd
Free cocaine, prostitutes, and beer (ok, just kidding!)

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

it is hot in florida, but at skydive space center (titusville) we go to a minimum 15000 in 8 minutes, we have a free bunk house (with a/c), you can get picked up at the orlando airport (free), we have free organizing, great people and facility, great view of the coast and space center. on the weekends you can do as many jumps as you want.
see their website.

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues