crazygirl328

SD Houston or SD Spaceland

Not sure what you mean by "outgoing" but I have great friends at both places and feel at home at both places.

Everybody looks for different things. What one person likes another may not. Best advice I can offer is try both.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Visit both and decide then.
I have been in Houston the second half of 2004 and jumped at both DZs. Personally I liked Skydive Houston best as they have a pool and not that many mosquitos;). And it seemed that there are more people staying over night (which was for free).
AND they had the cheaper tickets at that time (big point).
On the other hand skyfest and TSR have been great events which Spaceland was/is the right place for.
If you go to SDH, please say hi to everybody from Markus.

M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Visit both places, see which one feels more like home.

Also, come visit us up in Aggieland. We're known for a cool outgoing environment and being incredibly good with students (generally taking more time with students as well).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

on a road trip i went to SDH and spaceland. I come from a small DZ so they both kicked ass.. I prefered SDH just because the people were nicer to me.. I guess it just depends on who you meet and what you/they are like... at spaceland i wasnt asked to jump with anybody while at SDH I had to turn people down cause everybody was asking... I went to one on sat and the other on sunday...
Their are a whole lot of nice DZ's in Texas so visit them all and make your own choice!!!
I dont realy think you can go wrong at either!

Blue skies,
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

At Spaceland just tell John or Ivette in manifest if you like to freefly or RW and one of them will page another jumper to introduce to you and who you can jump with. Some people don't realize that on days when teams are training, there may not be a lot of fun jumpers on the dz especially if there is only one plane running.

Info for everyone: BA will be back next week with brand new -27 engines. Come out and help us break-in the new Super Otter.

Blue skies,

Jim

I come from a small DZ so they both kicked ass.. I prefered SDH just because the people were nicer to me.. I guess it just depends on who you meet and what you/they are like... at spaceland i wasnt asked to jump with anybody while at SDH I had to turn people down cause everybody was asking...

I totally agree with you. I have been to SDH once and SD Spaceland twice. If you want a big DZ setting with a small DZ atmosphere SDH is the place. The people there welcome newcomers with open arms. Now I love Spaceland as well but because its such a BIG DZ a newcomer could easily not be noticed. If your an out going person you could find someone to jump with. I'm not as out going so it took some time for someone to approach me and to welcome me into to group.
There both great places visit them both and you decide. I'd personally take the one closer to home.

CSA #699 Muff #3804