thezephr

Skydiving in Koloma russia

Hello peeps

Im going to Koloma in russia in two weeks, to jump my ass off. Has any one got any experience of the dropzone and what i can expect when i get there. I got the boring stuff like visa's AAD's sorted. would just like to here some stories

'Go with god and fly with Honour
"So... Ya tellin me theres a chance"

I took my 8-way crw team out there for a 1 week training camp two weeks ago.
This is a great dz, run in a very professional manner. They have an mi-8 a let-410 and an an-28.
When they are busy they will be using all 3 but during the week if they are not so busy they will use 1 plane until the people are there to start using more. The busiest day we were there they had done 58 lifts and were still jumping when we left the dz.
However regardless of how busy they were when we manifested we never had more than a 30 min wait for a lift but 10-20 mins was more normal, and you will get in as many jumps as you want.
There are people around who speak some english but once you leave the dz it is russian only, with a couple of exceptions, we stayed at the hotel kolomna which is very cheap, very basic but very clean and some of the reception staff speak english. Also most nights we ate at viva pizza which has an english menu (i mean written in english) and some of the staff speak a little english. there is also a cash machine very close to here. russian roubles are the currency here not US dollars, the hotel we also had to pay in cash, the dz will take mastercard/visa for jumps.
The toilet and showerblock are new, good and clean. Food and drink is available on the dz all day.
They also expect to see a seal on your reserve, which was a problem for us as some of us pack our own, but they got around this by using temporary seals which we signed. We also had a cypress exception as we were doing crw but we had cleared this with the dz owner beforehand, but otherwise cypress (sorry aad) is mandatory.
As is normal you will get a dz brief and help with all the paperwork when you arrive.
Enjoy!
Regards
Plastic
p.s. any specific questions feel free to pm me.

Just got back from there last week. Met plastic out there too - Hi plastic.

Great DZ - ask specific questions and I'll post specific questions... plastic covered most of the general stuff.

edit to add: I'll see if I can't post a few pics some time. Plastic, PM me an address post you a CD of the pic's I took of your team... they're a bit big to send electronically.