caz

Florida for Christmas / New Year

Hi, I'm looking for peoples advice. Myself and 3 other girls are planning on coming over from England to jump in Florida for a few weeks over Christmas and New Year.

Is anyone (ie the locals) likely to be there jumping or does everyone head off to Eloy? Also does anyone know if there are any boogies planned over that time, we're looking at basing ourselves at one of the big dz's there, possibly z-hills, and then hiring a car and doing a few trips to a few of the others.

Can anyone give me any tips on the weather, accommodation, dz's we definitely can't miss going to, etc etc.

We'll all have between 100 and 250 jumps by that point. Anyone want to jump with us? :)
thanks, Caz

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

Z-Hills is a great DZ, but you should also check out Sebastian. Wendy runs one hell of a DZ down there (how she does it all I'll never know), The parties at Sebastian are always for the record books.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

i was at Z-hills last year for christmas.......better weather then Eloy i think.....and the planes never stopped running from sun up to sunset....including a midnight new years eve night jump......lots of people, and a huge fireworks show at midnight.....not to mention a costume party new years eve too
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

There are several great Florida DZ for winter visits. Spaceland, Lake Wales, and of course Z-Hills have all been good to me at Christmas-time. You should have no shortage of opportunities. Tour around and visit a few.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Z-hills usually has a big Christmas boogie and is probably a good place to base yourself. Lake Wales, the Tunnel, Sebastian, Titusville (Skydive Space Center, not Spaceland) and Deland are all within a 2 hour drive.

The weather will range from the mid 60'sF to the low 80's on normal December weeks. You may be able to run around in shorts on some days. Most of the dz's have bunk houses or trailers available (some are owned by skydivers a short drive from the dz) but you should reserve your space ahead of time since it is the busy season for FL. At any of the dz's listed you'll be able to get on planes all day long, it will be quite busy.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was over in sebastian last new year and loved every minute of it, infact im pritty sure we will be back this new year aswell and would love to jump with you all you make it.

Its definately a DZ not to be missed if your going to be in florida, the views are amazing and the people are great too.

Stephen

P.S i think going to the tunnel if definately worth a trip if you get the time. I only got to share an hour but it was definately worth the trip

Hi everybody!! I am one of the girls travelling to FL with Caz this Christmas, can anyone tell us what aircraft Zhills/Sebastian/Deland have over the Christmas period?

mmmmm, night jumps for New Year, sounds great, what are the requirements for doing a night jump?
www.sneale-create.com

ZHills will have a minimum of 3 otters, sometimes a day of chopper or other specialty jumps but TK lines up the schedule later on. Usually does some high alti jumps with O2. The thing to remember about things like balloon jumps is that they are very weather/condition dependent.

Lake wales usually runs an Otter and Casa I believe (double check). Sebastian at that time usually has an Otter and SKyvan, deland has a skyvan, otter, & porter.

TUNNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know and I'll hook you and your girlie friends up with PMTS inductions!!!

You could be our first girls from over the pond if no one gets here before then:) Seriously come fly :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

lots of people, and a huge fireworks show at midnight.....not to mention a costume party new years eve too

And don't forget our nice 2 point 26-way dz.com record...maybe we can go even bigger this year!

Someone will have to hold on to me on exit. I've been doing too much 4-way. :ph34r:

lots of people, and a huge fireworks show at midnight.....not to mention a costume party new years eve too

And don't forget our nice 2 point 26-way dz.com record...maybe we can go even bigger this year!

Someone will have to hold on to me on exit. I've been doing too much 4-way. :ph34r:

ahhh yes....i forgot about that.......prolly cause i was STILL awake from new years eve when we did that jump :S:S:S

COME TO ELOY.. its where all the kewl kids will be

But ..........i will be in Z-hills.......whos cooler then me??? :D:D:D:D
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Nikki! How could you!! Come to Sebastian - we love when you show up at the dz all sloppy, falling out of cars and happy to see everyone.

We are open to suggestions for our Holiday party this year. Last year had a big blow up moon walk house inside the hangar w/a bar, lights, music and it was a pj party - we love theme parties.....

Whether it's pajama party, black tie, pirates, superhero - we don't care...we'll go for it!

Hi everybody!! I am one of the girls travelling to FL with Caz this Christmas, can anyone tell us what aircraft Zhills/Sebastian/Deland have over the Christmas period?

mmmmm, night jumps for New Year, sounds great, what are the requirements for doing a night jump?

Sarah!!! It'd be so awesome to see you again! PLEASE let me know when you finalize your plans and I'll make sure to meet you at Zhills or Sebastian. I think we have a Pajama/Slumber Party planned at Sebastian during that time, but there's no reason I can't go to both as I know TK has a kickass holiday celebration as well. We can talk about our Eloy memories and how cool that was tooB| YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Honestly, Chuck and I went to Eloy 2 years in a row and just got bummed out by the cold mornings/evenings. We hit Z-Hills last year and will go again this year.

And, like Dan said, you can check out a few other dz's within only a few hour's distance.

SkymonkeyOne and I will be there from the 28th through the 2nd this year!!!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Skydive SpaceCenter in Titusville is really good----ride from Orlando, bunkhouse (almost free), 15000 ft min jump altitude in less than 8 minutes--great view of the Kennedy Space Center, the beach, and the ocean. Good vibe for the less experienced.

The problem with Florida is that there are so many good choices!!!B|

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

i was at Z-hills last year for christmas.......better weather then Eloy i think.....and the planes never stopped running from sun up to sunset....including a midnight new years eve night jump......lots of people, and a huge fireworks show at midnight.....not to mention a costume party new years eve too

Fireworks = B|

Nightjump= B|

Fireworks + Nightjump = B|B|B|

Anyway. Zhills is the place to be... And like skymama said, many cool places within a 2 hour drive.

Cya all there..B|