gracefulglider

visiting europe

hola,
so i am from the US and in spain for the next 9 weeks. i will also be in other parts of europe but the only other place i would jump is italy. Since i´ve only been to four dzs (none being out of the country), i was wondering what kind of advice some of you might offer. i have located a few of them and feel safer with those registared with the uspa. i´ve obviously heard of empuriabrava and would be willing to travel there. i´m actually in seville n there´s a dz 10 km out. so, i was gonna shoot them an email this week.

let me know what u guys think

thanx:P

Ravenna is a good place to jump in Italy www.pullout.it. They have a CASA and every jump is @15k. I was there last April, the weather was so-so and we did several loads on the CASA with only 12 people on each load - the quickest and most comfortable ride to altitude ever!
It is also close to the Adriatic coast, which is very nice on summertime.

'hope this helps,
Diego

www.skydivespain.com
The Skydive Spain DZ is run by one of the biggest DZ owners in the UK. Its BPA ( British Parachute Association) affiliated so runs to the same rules.
BPA rules as far as I know are even more safety concious than USPA rules.
The CCI ( man in charge) is an incredibly experienced Instructor and DZ operator and is also a Senior Rigger Examiner
I think you will be quite safe there !!
I believe they have an SMG there at the moment ( Similar to a Porter)...very quick to altitude and they are running max altitude on most loads

Empuria is the biggest DZ in Europe with over 1000 jumps a day in the summer when conditions are right. They are very safety conscious. But it's the opposite end of the country to you. Skydive Lillo is a great little DZ(but growing fast), 1 hour south of Madrid. Seville - haven't been there but like a previous poster said, I have heard good things about it.

There was about sixty of us university students from the UK went out to Seville a couple of months ago. The DZ is great and they do indeed have the SMG out there. It takes ten people to 15000 in about 13 minutes, so no complaints there. The cafe on the aerodrome does some really nice sandwiches too. Seems a shame not to go when you could get there in ten minutes!

Have a good time :)

--------------------------------------------------

'Everybody needs a mate called Dave'

Well,
I think you must take time to make a stop at Empuria...
This DZ has got everything you need;one twin otter+ 2 pilatus porter,great instructors, beautifull view, great people, less than to miles from the beach, big parties,....
I have been travelling a little bit myself (unfortunattly not in Florida yet) and trust me everytime I meet people most of them agree Empuria is one of the best place to go!!

ok so i guess i will go to empuria. i have heard great things about it there n it would b a shame to be so close and not go. does anyone know how to get there from barcelona?? i think i´ll go to skydive spain this weekend(thanx 4 lettin me know bout the good eats dave) n empuria next weekend.

:D

***does anyone know how to get there from barcelona***

Yup, very simple, hire a car drive up the A7 towards France, Perpignan. Turn off at junction 4, follow signs to Roses then Castel d'empuries, then Empuriabrava. If flying in Girona airport is much closer than Barcelona, instructions apply for both.

Not done the train but think you can get one Barcelona to Figures, then just jump in a taxi, it'll cost you 20 euros or so from there.

Have fun

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

***Not done the train but think you can get one Barcelona to Figures, then just jump in a taxi, it'll cost you 20 euros or so from there.

2 hours train more or less, and i/o taxi at 20€, you can take the bus at 2-3€ dropping you just by the police station
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Well,
I think Skydive Spain is a small Drop zone but growing up since a new managment this year...
By the way, a friend of mine is ownering the bar, her name is Zaira and she likes partying!..great her from me (say hello from her friend from belgium, she'll know!)..
If you are in the center of BCN, the best is "sants estatio" or "Passeig the gracia" for the train station.
Then, you must take the train direction Figueres, it is about 1h45.(about 10€)
There there is a little square in front of the train staion, the bus station is just on you laft handside...
I recommend you to take the bus, it takes about 20 minuts ( 1.35€) and brings you near the DZ...

thanks for all the help in getting to the dropzone guys. i will definately be comming from barcelona since i already booked a flight there n will be spending half of my weekend looking around. (n when i make it to skydive spain i will tell her belgium said hello - i have thus far spoken with paul). i will be sure to let you know how it goes.