Marion

4th of July Boogie @ Carolina Sky Sports

Let's just come right out and say it:

He's using a Mac/Apple file format. Hey! no sweat, Eric. Seriously, I know all of the pros/gay people use the most excellent Mackintosh products to come up with a finished result. Glad you have the tools for the job!

Now, how about something in some type of Windows format to tease the uneducated masses? :)
-O.G. Dawn

Well that's odd... it's a .mov file... standard quicktime stuff... I'll get a DV tape copy to floaty so that he can compress it as a WMV and post it.
Has anybody other than Matt been able to view it?
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Actually you just chose a weird video encoder... the .mov is just the packaging. You should be able to just change this encoder and resave and post it again.

I can give you guys directions, but the way i do it uses a player with a command line interface (read: MS-DOS) so unless you're comfortable with that, it may be easier to wait for Floaty. I'm a geek so it's standard for me ;-)

All you non-geeks out there, ignore this... anyway, I use MPlayer. it's a linux tool, but there's a windows port. So here goes:

1) Download MPlayer
http://ftp5.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/releases/win32/MPlayer-mingw32-1.0pre7.zip

2) Unzip it
probably to something like c:\temp\mplayer

3) Download the file off skydivingmovies.com

4) Run the program
open a command line window (start -> run, type "cmd.exe" without the quotes and click enter) and then start the program with something like:
c:\temp\mplayer\mplayer.exe c:\temp\pafiledb.php.mov

this windows port sucks, as the GUI isn't there at all... quick keyboard commands:
toggle full screen: f
quit: q
jog forward/back: use the scroll wheel or left/right arrow keys

Yeah, MPlayer plays it fine. Nice work, Eric!

I'll see if I can figure out a way to decode that tomorrow and re-encode it in a DivX format so that Windows users (the superior OS, with the exception of linux) can more easily view it.

Thanks Matt & Eric,

Mike

Hey guys, i'm at UNC right now and unfortunately there's a guy squatting on the computer that has all of my files on it. If he leaves in the next hour or so i should have time to convert and upload a different version, if not I'll hand it over to floaty tomorrow, and I'll make a DVD that we can play at the front desk all weekend.
Seeya,

NEWSFLASH: Computers continue to hate Eric...
So today i go back to the mac lab and finally go through all the steps needed to convert the trailer to a .WMV file. It's all good, so i go to upload it to skydivingmovies.com and 72% of the way into the download skydivingmovies.com crashes... :( Anyhow... i'm TRYING to get a copy up that will work with windows media... hopefully they'll get the site back up soon. [:/]

I had a GREAT time seeing and jumping with y'all.

I didn't dig out my camera or camcorder because I figured I'd let the pros and the sober people take care of that. So dying to see the vid. And anyone with personal photos can send them my way as well.

When is the next big event, as in going to see Joe's band, or house party, or just naked frivolity at the DZ??

Ciao,
Guido

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

I was happy to my knuckle-head puppy back. After a week of freedom he decided to turn himself in for 3 squares, AC and bedding. Except for being covered in ticks, a couple scrapes and a few pounds light he looked good.

Thanks to everyone at CSS who helped look for him and watched him until I could drive down. Especially, Nancy, John and Dawn. Also, Sean who brought him in on a makeshift extension cord leash.

Paul/Anne -

It was a joy keeping Sirio at our house. Not sure if you noticed how late I showed up Sunday a.m.? .... took my time getting ready for work; too busy enjoying/feeding your skinny knuckleheaded guy.

He's such a great dog. I'm glad the story had a happy ending and he's back home.

Best,
Dawn

WOOHOOO!!!!!!

That is the best news I've gotten all week! Great work, guys and gals! Don't you wish dogs could talk?

(edit for spelling, capitalization, grammar - wow, I'm having a rough day already - that was only 3 sentences!)