PhreeZone

Skydive Greene County Memorial Boogie!

I just sent this to the two people who will be coming with me to SGC this weekend, but then realized that it could benefit anyone else who has never jumped at SGC and may be coming to share the skies with us this weekend:

"I thought that you could benefit from seeing what the dz we're going to be jumping at this weekend will look like from the air:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=xenia,+oh&ll=39.679441,-83.866260&spn=0.010836,0.015836&t=k&hl=en

See that big X in the middle of the picture? That's the peas. Spend some time looking at the DZ now, and you won't need to look at it as much when you get to the DZ, and will be more comfortable with the things you need to look for in the air to orient yourselves.

Recognizeable things to look for if you get a long spot:

The double laned highway 35 that is to the north of the DZ.
The tree line that curves to the south of the dz so that the DZ is
sitting right above the "hump".
The big X that is pretty hard to miss. ;)"

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Couple of other little things.

In light winds first one down sets the pattern, but we perfer for it to be to the east.
A LEFT hand pattern is to be flown.
Please talk to the Pilots and manifest ahead of time if you are wanting an unusual jumprun.
Beer is not to be opened till beer light is on.
Please be aware that almost all the roads have power lines next to them and there are high tension lines running through a field a mile away or so. Other then that the crops have'nt sprouted yet so fields as far as the eye can see if you are going to land out.
Please listen to announcements, if jumpers have landed out we ask that everyone on that load check in with manifest. (we try to minimize this but it can happen form time to time)

If you are looking for organizers please ask, thats what they are there to do. :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Well now I am sitting at work, sick on Memorial Day, jealous of everyone still jumping and thinking of what a great weekend it was at SGC! For those of you that I had the oppourtunity to meet, it was a pleasure and those of you that I got to jump with, even better!

The SGC Memorial Day boogie will definitely become a regular on my list. Thanks to everyone that helped to make it happen- Jim and Lee for their wonderful hospitality, Alana and Justi for the OU beer and the raffle, the SGC pilots and staff, PJ and everyone else who organized and everyone else for the fun!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

Hey everyone! Well.. 1/4 of the roaming dz crew has made it home!

WOW! What a fun weekend! SGC is a gorgeous DZ, and everyone was so awesome!

I had a blast with *everyone*!! I saw some old buddies and made some new buddies.. the jumps were great.. it was just a great time all around.

Thanks to the West's for putting up with us and for getting us a cool CASA to play with. We'll definitley be back up there soon!

Thanks to Spence for being the Roaming DZ bus driver and for letting us trash your camper. Roaming DZ rocks! B|
:)