socr4life22

Raeford Parachute Center

i jump at raeford.......no reason to be skeptical just because we allow 16 y/o to jump....we are a USPA dropzone and USPA allows 16 y/o to jump. But, its a great DZ, i have been here for 5 years...friendly staff, big jump planes (super otter primary) and Avaiators Bar & Grill on the DZ. Diverse types of jumping aswell....RW..small or large, FF, Bird Man.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. :)
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I'm looking forward to going back and jumping there again one of these days.

promises promises :P

Hey...you'd better plan on jumping with me when I make it down there. :P
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

It is a GREAT DZ with GREAT people! Fill in your profile so if you come down we'll know who you are.

Like Jake said, The Aviators Pub is one of the nice things about it, you can grab a bite to eat right there on the DZ either between jumps or waiting to jump, or grab a beer after jumping. They have showers, camping, and a gear shop.

Folks from all the military demo teams jump there and they are all professionals.

(Nice subtle plug Eric. ;))

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

The vibe at Raeford is hands-down one of the best of any DZ I have been to. Hit Aviator's bar & grill on the airport and try the Monkey Fries.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

The vibe at Raeford is hands-down one of the best of any DZ I have been to. Hit Aviator's bar & grill on the airport and try the Monkey Fries.;)

MMM, monkey fries!!!
Raeford rocks!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I have been there a couple of times. It is a great place. They make you feel at home right from the start. Good food , good folks, good vibe, great place.

but i am skeptical becasue it allow 16 year olds to jump

So why does this fact make you skeptical? Can you clarify your statement? Maybe we can help you get clear about it.

I am skeptical because i have looked at a few other places near me and they all require you to be 18, and here i find this place that lets you jump at 16.

but i am skeptical becasue it allow 16 year olds to jump

So why does this fact make you skeptical? Can you clarify your statement? Maybe we can help you get clear about it.

I am skeptical because i have looked at a few other places near me and they all require you to be 18, and here i find this place that lets you jump at 16.

They are NOT SUCKING in Raeford!!!!

The fact that they allow 16 year olds to jump is a) sanctioned by the USPA to begin AFF, and b) no big deal - it's not like they have 'little kiddies' running around everywhere.

The DZ is great - the vibe is awesome - Aviators is the shit....and beware of the Dragon!!

Go, have a great time - you won't be sorry!!!:)

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

FYI we have been training 16 year old skydiving students at Raeford for as long as most of us can remember.

John, i think hes more refering to the legal loophole of 16 y/o tandems. Most DZ's wont do the 16y/o tandem even though USPA allows it.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I used to jump at Raeford and the one thing I can tell you is the place is completely safety conscious. The USPA Mid-Atlantic RD runs the school. If you make a stupid decision there will be plenty of people to talk to about it and how to correct it. They don't want to see any more accidents than anyone else. Yes accidents have happened there, anyplace that has a lot of jumpers will have accidents.

Do you feel that people who take 16yr olds on AFF are not-safety minded?

i am skeptical becasue it allow 16 year olds to jump while most other places i have found say 18 and am alttle skeptical about this place for that reason.

This is perfectly acceptable, it's just that most places use 18 as their guideline. It's like different states having different ages for drivers' licenses (kinda).

I've been to Raeford and it's a fantastic DZ with great people. I highly recommend without any hesitation. Don't let that hang you up.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I was not saying they were a bad place, nor was i saying that 16 year olds shouldnt allowed to jump. I was just wondering if there was a reason. Thank you to everyone that gave some information. It is greatly appriciated and will be seeing if i can make a trip there and jump sometime soon. Well it looks like i wont be coming....swang the idea by my rents and got the no go...thought they woulda been fine with it...:( looks like it will have to be in a year and a few months...

The main reason that some DZ's don't allow under 18's to jump is the legal aspects if someone gets hurt. When you sign a waiver as an 18+ you've entered a legal agreement that you or any of your legal representatives can't sue the DZ. There are some questions if parents (who must sign the waiver for an under 18) can sign away the "rights" of a minor. The parents couldn't sue the DZ but the minor could possibly get a legal representative to sue on his/her behalf.

It's a sue happy world and everyone's got a lawyer, and a back-up lawyer...:S

I generally jump with one of those 16 y/o's when I'm at Raeford and I can honestly tell you I'd rather jump with her than some of those "grown ups" that hang around some DZ.

I think you are spiting yourself if you choose not to jump there just because there are 16 y/o's jumping there. Your choice.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

That doesn't explain why this fact makes you skeptical. What concerns you about the fact that Raeford trains 16 year old students?

FYI we have been training 16 year old skydiving students at Raeford for as long as most of us can remember.

Cause they're a youngen themselves;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?