samyueru

Skydive Headland

Mike & Chris decided to pack it in a few months back, so now, most of the Dothan area & Ft Rucker people are jumping over here in Tallahassee. It's about a 2 hr drive ..We fly a very nice King Air every Saturday & Sunday. A lot of the Alabama peeps come over & stay (camp out) on Saturday night....

www.skydivetallahassee.com

I used to jump at skydive opelika in Tuskegee, AL. Couple hours from Dothan I think. Small cessna DZ, very friendly...this was a few years back though.
-------------------------------------------------
Woooaaaaaa!!! Woooaaaa!!! I'm gettin' off it!

Mike & Chris decided to pack it in a few months back, so now, most of the Dothan area & Ft Rucker people are jumping over here in Tallahassee. It's about a 2 hr drive ..We fly a very nice King Air every Saturday & Sunday. A lot of the Alabama peeps come over & stay (camp out) on Saturday night....

www.skydivetallahassee.com

I only had the opportunity to jump at Headland's grand opening boogie with a King Air. It was a lot of fun, and I stayed in Mike's house over the weekend. Great people. I don't think Mike and Chris had the same gusto to keep the DZ going after what happened to Sandy Godwin, but they weren't breaking even either. It's tough to run a DZ far away from any major city when there's another one closer.

Before they opened Headland, they were jumping at Skydive Opelika in Tuskegee and that's how I met them. Is Buddy Blue still driving that POS van he calls his mobile DZ? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What happened to Sandy? Did a few jumps with him at Tuskegee......

Buddy Blue was running the operation when I was there...not sure about thesedays thoguh..I presume he still is....
-------------------------------------------------
Woooaaaaaa!!! Woooaaaa!!! I'm gettin' off it!

WOW that's kinda like a 2 year annerversary for the thread:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Now that you mention it, you're right! What brought this up from the dead???

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban