thecap

From Sunnyvale, CA to DZ without car?

I'm going to be visiting the Bay Area this weekend. What is the best way to get from Sunnyvale to a DZ without a car?

Ideally someone with a car will be going that direction on Saturday and can give me a ride. Failing that, is there a DZ within bus range or will a need to break down and rent my own car?

I'm a poor student, coming out from cold, cold Illinois for a job interview.

Thanks,
Tom

I don't know about the bus schedule, but Hollister is probably your best bet. I'm sure they have buses (or even trains) going there. Byron and Lodi are out in the sticks and would proabably take you more than a few hours to get there. Davis is WAY too far without a car....send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out.

Depending on how many jumps your planning on making, you could probably rent a car and drive to Lodi, jump your ass off, and spend less money.

Hollister= $19 jumps from KingAir and 20min bus ride back to DZ from landing area after every jump.

Lodi= $15 jumps from Otter with landing area next to hanger.

PM me if you need anymore info.

Keeping it safe!
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Ideally someone with a car will be going that direction on Saturday and can give me a ride. Failing that, is there a DZ within bus range or will a need to break down and rent my own car?

Definitely hit someone up for a ride. I suppose you could take CalTrain to Gilroy, but that's still no where near the airport at Hollister. As a student, you're probably under 25, so the car rental will be pretty unreasonable.

I'm jumping whichever weekend day looks nicer for the weather, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm going to Davis this time. I'll PM you if I change my mind.