Vallerina

Spring Expo at SDC April 9 & 10th!!!

I've never been, but I heard it's the best way to kick off the jumping season in the Midwest! (Also, doesn't our very own Kallend give a seminar???)

Spring Expo-Our annual safety expo featuring seminars and booths from some of skydiving’s innovators and leaders. We will have booths from Performance Designs, Sun Path, Aerodyne, Mirage, Zute Sute, Birdman and Freefall Accessories. Seminars will range from all aspects of flying your body and canopy, to dropzone safety and business. Combine this with $17 jumps, dinner served from the incredible café and a door prize drawing makes this a don’t-miss event.

Who's in?
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Geez Doug, I guess I love you too. Don't let it go to your head though... you'll need to be sure your helmet fits for our exits! :P

Taken from SDC Bulletin Board (tenative):

Saturday April 9th
9:30 a.m - 9:50a Missy/Rook Nelson - Introduction
10:00 -11:00a Professor John Kallend (SDC, IIT) - Freefall Drift/Kirk Smith - Basic Gear Inspections/Routine Gear Maintenance
11:10 - 12:10p Bill Booth - Relative Workshop/Jim Slaton - High Performance Canopy Piloting
12:20 - 1:20p Scott Smith (Performance Designs) - Flying in Turbulence/Missy Nelson - Golden Rules
LUNCH
2:30 - 3:30p Rook Nelson - Basic Freeflying/Kirk Smith - Continuing Eduction - Part I
3:35 - 4:45p Dave Ciccairelli - BASE jumping/Scott Landorf - FAA - Safety Concerns & Responsibilities
4:50 - 5:50p Brian Germain - Wing Loading/Fred Morelli - DZ Operations, "The Waiver"

Sunday April 10th
10:00 - 11:00a Brian Germain - How the Parachute Works (Flight Characterisitics)/Mike Wood (Skycam) - "Camera Safety"
11:05 - 12:05a Scott Landorf (FAA) - Operation Inspectors/Kirk Smith - Continuing Education - Part II
LUNCH
1:00 - 2:00p Rook Nelson - Intermediate Freefly/Missy Nelson - Novelty Jumps - Hybrids, Tracking, Atmonauti, Big Ways & VRW
2:30 - 3:30p John Kallend (SDC, IIT) - Freefall Drift/Jim Slaton - High Performance Canopy Piloting
4pm - ? Missy & Rook Nelson, SDC Door Prize Drawing /Closing

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Wow, I guess they gave me that pimp number for a reason. B|

That schedule doesn't leave much time for jumping... I want to see all those talks.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Are we having the hot tub party at Devin's?

No, we've scheduled that for a different weekend. I'll fill you in privately with the details.

Chris ~ i would love to jump with you, but i don't know if the rest of the "team" is ok with that. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Chris ~ i would love to jump with you, but i don't know if the rest of the "team" is ok with that.

I'll run it by them @ our next team meeting April 9th @ the Slipper:D:D

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

Sounds like a plan. Lots of info, gear, and fun.

I'll try to round up a few to come along.

Sweet dude, I'll be there too....talk to some MI peeps. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I never miss the expo.

Kallends' freefall drift seminar is worth listening to...as are all the presentations. I learned to fly my canopy five years ago by listening to a presentation hosted by John Leblanc from PD. Every year I learn something new.

This year is special for me. Missy has asked to give a presentation...maybe two. It's not on the schedule, so you'll have to look for it when you get there.

With the help of Missy Nelson we are adding VRW to the Midwest Skydiving League. There may be 2-way, 4-way and 2-way sit divisions.

We are also meeting with Jim Slaton at the Expo to finalize the deal that announces me as the director of the Chicago Canopy Piloting Circuit.

So we'll have something for everyone...except those crazy skysurfers and the freaky Freestylers!