chubb

Jumping in Japan

Hey am pretty new to skydiving and am planning on finishing my raps course soon.
I will be heading out to Japan to teach for a year and want to keep going with the jumping cause i'm loving it at the mo:)Was just wondering if anyone knows if the clubs out there are BPA aflliated or if i'll have any problems with jumping out there.

Have checked a couple of web sites but am having trouble finding info. Any help on this matter would be great!!

Thanks

I was in Japan a few months ago, I was skydiving at a club in a city called Tochigi-Ken
Its about 3 hours from Toyko. It was a small club they only jump Helos. The people were fantastic, given the chance I would go back in a heart beat. I'll see if I can find the email for the owners so you can contact them.

Also, this link http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~TSDC/english.htm is for skydive Japan, I found it here in the dropzone listing section. From what I understand there are 3 or 4 DZs in Japan. Good luck

We just met a staffer from Tokyo Skydive Club, he is in Florida for the Swoop meet in Lake Wales.
His name is Katsu.
It appears from the club website that it is similar to AFF/USPA...

It will be EXPENSIVE! AFF course is around $1000 more than here.....and jumps are around $60....

Gambate! You going to teach JET english classes for that year? What town?

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Phil,

I've jumped at Honda Airport DZ a few years back. A great bunch of skydivers - a nice caravan - stunning visuals including Mt Fuji on a clear day.

It's an easy train ride from Tokyo to the north.

Definately recommended.

Blue Skies,

fergs

Just got back from Japan on JET recently. I made the trek to the Tokyo DZ a bunch of times (I lived far away).

I'm pretty sure it is a USPA DZ, but I'd suggest trying pretty hard to get your license (and have gear) before you go.....it'll make it much easier when you arrive.

You might get lucky like I did and get to jump the chopper that they sometimes have access to.

Really great people here and a pretty nice facility. Jump tickets for fun jumps are 6500 yen, plus you need to pay a yearly membership (2500 yen) and monthly insurance (2000 yen). No idea what tandems or AFF costs, but expensive, I would guess.

I've heard that a new DZ in Osaka is opening this spring. Depending on where your going, might be worthwhile to check into.

Don't miss the opportunity to jump in Japan!