skyrookie

German drop zones?

Hi all,

I'm on an Air Base in Ramstein, and was looking as possibly working here full time as a civilian. Can some one fill me in on German skydiving? There was a quite a list of DZs here, but since I don't speak German they are hard to read. Prices from what I could make out look to be about 25 EUR ~ $32.79 as of today, which is high. Are all DZs here that high? Looks like most take you to 4000m ~13,100 feet, is this the norm? Also what are the German requirements for rig maintenance? What licenses do I need? What DZs are closest to me here in Ramstein.
Thanks!

for german dzs - come and ask at stammtisch, the german guys know more than me and will definitely help you out B|

as for prices: fuel isn't as cheap as in the u.s., therefore tickets are more expensive than in the states. going to 4.000 meters is the norm.

rig maintenance: pack-cycle is 180 days for reserve, as a u.s. citizen you can jump with your uspa license. have fun!

edit for stupid typos
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Hi!
I didn't check the Stammtisch so far, so you might have posted there already - just post there in English - you will also get an answer. My home DZ in Germany is in Saarlouis/Düren, which is about a 1.5 hour drive from your base. Last year we had some guys from Rammstein jumping there. A lot of the skydiver speak English. The website is www.fsvsaar.de but it is in German. Right now we do not jump any weekend as it is a bit cold. For more information on that DZ just PM me. There are also some reviews in the dropzones section about the FSV Saar (Which is the club at the DZ).
Another source to locate DZ in Germany is skydiver.de. They have an interactive map with information about the DZ.
M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Check out Duren near Saar-Louis. I jumped there on occassion when living in Germany and thought it was a great DZ. Bruchsal and Schweighofen are fairly close to Ramstein also. Elsenborn or Spa, both just across the Belgian border, are great places also though a bit farther drive.

pms

I am also based at Ramstein AB and I have jumped out at Düren. Great place and a good bunch of people. Some of the locals speak english, though not all. The closest turbine (caravan if I remember right) that I am aware of is at Skydive Spa. I have been out there to visit but didn't jump.