Plummets

Winter Jumping in New Zealand ??

hey plummet, In new zealand you will find a dropzone everywhere you turn.
Most are tandem factorys but you can always get on aload through the day. Queenstown is somewhere that is amazing to jump, you jump next to the mountains that are 7000 ft high.
In nelson you will find another beautiful place to jump, you jump over lots of islands.
most dz's put there tandems first and can be hard to get on a load. If you were to hang out at Auckland you will find some freeflying that is just as important as the tandems, they do around 20-40 tandems a day and is mainly a sports DZ. They just got their porter turned into a super porter with amazing lift speed. I suggestyou take your rig though where ever you go. I really reccomend skydive auckland for freeflying with plenty of other freeflying going on...other places that are must jumps ....
Taupo, Queenstown, nelson, wanaka.....wendy smiths famliy have a DZ in Glenorchy.
Have fun.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sorry to hijack but sees pointless starting another thread -

Whereabouts in Auckland the only one i know about that was for sports jumpers was Mercer, I paid them a visit last week and was told that they were more or less tandem only with very few sports jumpers.

Is there anywhere in the North Island that has an active sports jumping scene during the week and at weekends? I came over hoping to take advantage of the good weather and get loads of jumps in but so far its looking mainly like tandems with me doing solos...not what i had in mind.