base570

CSS anyone 2??

Zach Monster, Christine, and I had a great time seeing everyone today. We are looking forward to hanging out next weekend.

I have a feeling allot of folks I haven't seen in a while are going to be showing up. Sampson, Jon Randolph, Cliff, Pauly, Taxi, to name a few. I'm getting excited even though I won't be jumping.:)
It was great to see a bonfire this weekend. And get to talk to Shawn and Andrew. I was stunned that I got drunk from 3 Beers. I guess I've been away WAY TOO LONG. Felt like I got some of my innocense back getting lit on 3 beers.:o

^Three beer queer! Welcome to the club ;)

Thanks to everybody who showed up for Freefly Friday! We flew a few fun-jumper only king air loads & rocked until sunset. The chili disappeared in about 3 minutes... no shit. I'll make some more in the near future.

Good people of the Village, thanks for helping make this weekend so much fun & thanks to Brandon for keeping his clothes on.

Beav2, don't forget to check the "Wings and Things" section in the back of Parachutist. You'll see your picture there too.

BTW, should we start a seperate Easter Boogie thread?
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I also see you trying to clear Chris Latham's ear out. That's not very polite, you could just let him know what a Q-tip is, not just attempt to do it yourself!! Lol.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

so just to make it clear...there is no longer any excuse for people not to stay out at the dz on the weekends...

so you don't have a trailer...not sure if there is room in the bunkhouse...well a mansion awaits you for under $30 at the wal-mart...tent season is in full swing and we have now incorperated the first tent village of 2007...

this summer is going to be amazing...and can only be made better by more people putting up more planes...so come join the village...i'm sure there are going to be plenty of fun "ordinances" but there are really only 2 that are near and dear to my heart...

(1) first call better be what wakes me up...not some morning people running around all chipper at 7:00am right outside my tent...

(2) nudity is highly promoted...and guess what...if you're naked, people have to bring you things...cause we don't want your naked ass out on the runway stopping the casa from flying!!

so easter weekend...bring a tent...stick around and maybe we can make the bonfire look more like the "good 'ole days" everyone talks about!
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

I'm mean, I'm sure it's pretty obvious, but I am but a boy...what the hell is this tent village...? Something that will remain, as the trailers will? Like when I bring my tent, just leave it up or what. DAMN YOU, I'M INTERROGATING YOU ALL, AND YOU ALL SEEM TO DODGE MY INQUIRIES.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

The Tent Village was constructed on Friday and taken down on Sunday, but then another tent appeared on Sunday, so who knows. I think most people will bring tents for the weekend and take them down on Sunday.

Big kudos to Thud for respecting the noise ordinance. When he had to leave for work at 6 am Saturday, he rolled his car from the tents to the parking lot and then started it. Nice. :D

Last Wednesday Greenville (actually only half of it) had a hail storm that resembled golfballs emitting from the sky. I took my car in (beautiful Pimp-mobile 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS-Supercharged) to get the estimate for the insurance company and they called and left me this message...

"Mr. Nelson blah blah blah Chevy Super sport blah blah blah approximately 1,700.00, blah blah blah".

Thank god for insurance deductibles!!!

Bolas, I don't quite understand, how bout you demonstrate what I'm sposed to get them to do and cut me a check for a new canopy. :ph34r::P:):P:ph34r:

I have a shit load of Gevalia coffee and am bringing some for our caffeinated rigger for the boogie. After his portion is given, I will still have yet another shit load left. Among the flavors are Creme Brulée, Vanilla, French Vanilla, Hazlenut, Irish Creme, French Roast, Espresso Roast, Cinnamon Roast, and a few others. Are any of you interested in these flavors for me to bring to divvy out for breakfast drinks in the morning? Lemme know, or even if we don't drink them, if you want some to take home and hype yourself up, you can do that too. I just have way too much and am trying to de-caffeinate my house!!

1d 9h 53m until this bus leaves for CSS!!! Woohoo!!

Give the non-flavored stuff to Lyman.

Please - seriously - any hardcore coffee should go directly to Lyman.

Not kidding.

Thanks B|,

-D

Your Kidding Right :|

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Bolas

and

Beav 2 ...

... you guys need to meet. I hope I'm there for that :)
This weather officially SUCKS and I hope it's better tomorrow. For all of us, obviously, but esp. for all of the VA boogie peeps who've shown up :) - very excellent to see all of you again. Hugs and welcomes all around.

Much love,

Dawn

Wow, i've been gone for a long time. But I've haven't read this forum in a few weeks. SOOOO way back about the Pieing issue Thud, let it go. There's no need to make your life missurable. We can all live happily in our quite little home if everything is forgotten. It's too late anyways, I don't even know how many jumps i've got so no way I'm going to know the next hundreth jump I make. hahahaha

the tent village thing sounds cool. How did it turn out. Like Frenchie's village a year or two ago.

oh and I couldn't get on the computer that day so I'd like to take a lonnnngggg moment and say I still can't watch one sunset thinking how beautiful the colors are and looking to the sky with out thinking of one of best men to ever walked this earth and how he taught me to look at each of them like that. Thanks for all of the sunsets you gave me to look at while I've been here to keep reminding me of all my great friends I have back home. Your still in my heart and I miss you. I'm a month late posting but I know everyone took a moment that day too. blue skies forever--to Steve

Love and miss all of you guys

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

oo the pie will happen..... just accept it casey.... i know where you sleep.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Party! Party! Party! We are hosting a welcome home party for Casey at the dz saturday night. All are welcome to come and as always beer donations are highly appreciated. Bring your tent and help the village grow and remember we have a newly restored bunk house open to all. We will have a grill so if you bring the food we'll cook it for you. A pot luck dinner would work the best considering we have no stove so please feel free to bring side dishes, any kind and any size. This is an open invitation to all so tell your friends, bring some beer and plan to stay a while, I have a feeling this could go all night.

Tess -

VERY cool tribute to Steve. That was awesome, and heartfelt, and one of the best posts I've seen on here in a long time.

Thing is, every beautiful sunset we have at CSS has a part of him in there, and very occasionally starts us all talking about him. (I have to say: other sunsets just don't count. I've tried to find him on Oahu, in Colorado, on the Outer Banks, in Northern WI, etc. Never works.)

I'm sure that soon after you get home, there will be an awesome sunset at CSS; we can toast Steve together!

Love you, Tess. Will see you Sat.

Take care,

Best,
Dawn

Anne:

It was wonderful to have you back! ..... just bring better weather down South with you next time :P.

Seriously, it's always good to see your beautiful, happy face at CSS .... and hopefully we'll see you at some CASL meets? Take care + be well, and give my love to Sirio :)
(Also remember: Your teammate, Lynn, does much better if she gets a big piece of chocolate cake for breakfast- got this straight from Lyman.)

Harry - THANK YOU!
That absolutely rocked :)
Much love,
-D

thank you everyone for coming and hanging out this saturday night. It was alot of fun. The weather was nice during the day and I got alot of really fun dives in. It was great to see everyone. I missed you guys.

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------