base570

CSS anyone 2??

Como estan?

What an awesome weekend. Last friday was the first of the season at CSS and we managed to get a couple of King Air loads up, followed by 14 otter loads on Saturday and about 10 on Sunday, wrapping up with a 10 way sunset deathstar from 15,000ft B|

The Easter Boogie is just two weekends away & in order to keep the happy-go-jumpy vibe going I'd like to declare this coming friday the first FREEFLY FRIDAY of the season and the second ever Fondue Friday.

Everyone's invited to come and start the weekend off early with fun/silly jumps out of the King Air to be followed by dinner & beer to pay my debt for the new tandem rating. The weather looks great, so bring your tents and stay at the DZ to get an early start on saturday (There are 18 tandems coming in at 9am... Bring both rigs, Matt ;))

Dinner will be right after sunset & I'll be making another pot of chipotle lime chili and some chocolate fondue for dessert. After dinner we'll be watching everybody's favorite campy skydiving film, Cutaway starring Alec Baldwin.

Please RSVP by PM or in the thread so I know how many people to expect. Bring some extra beer or something that tastes good when dipped in chocolate :o

Bitches!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Currently in this forum thread, we have the second highest posts for a non sticky thread. Every now and then this thread gets lil spurts here and there, but I wanna see the highest number of posts. Stupid, yes I know, but I'm having to pull a double shift tonight (3pm-7am) and this is the quiet before the storm...so I got bored and wanted to throw this out there. POST SOMETHING DAMNIT, tell your sob stories or happy stories at CSS!! I'm onna the newbs, reminisce on the old times at CSS, lemme know how much has changed...anything to post up on that dublin post!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

There will be a few Corona and Boddington's conniseurs coming tomorrow evening, but I'm sure that any beer will suffice. I'm bringing some Busch Light and Saranac.

I just talked to Nancy and there are 6 students on the schedule at 2pm. That means that the first load should happen somewhere around 3:15.

I've gotta go stir the chili, I'll see you all tomorrow.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I just wanted to Thank Nick and My other instructor(Sorry I can't remember his name) for all the help they gave me this past Saturday. I passed leve 2 & 3. What a surprise I got when it came time to jump. That side door plane was a trip. I now know what a rag in a Huricane feels like. Glad you liked it Nick, I was just glad to get us stable. Hey and thanks for handleing the lines that were twisted also.
As for my second jump (level 3) I did a little better, at least I made it through the test. I Really look forward to moving on to level four next but I have decided I need more information and need to ask more questions.
Again Thanks for A great Time!

Mike

Actually, I've got possibly good news...I can get off of work around 630-730 ish. When's all of these happenings going down on friday, I may actually still be able to show up in good time!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

... or something that tastes good when dipped in chocolate :o

So Dawn... What are you up to Friday night? Could I bring you to the dz?

Awwwww :$ ...

Yes, you can bring me to the dz. Just remember, though, I prefer "dipping into your cheese." :D

Can we play Twister? I think you should bring Twister. I'll try to remember to bring MST3K: The Skydivers in case Cutaway doesn't entertain us for long enough.

Boy, I wish you all luck on the plane Saturday with Eric after a night of chili and beer.

Currently in this forum thread, we have the second highest posts for a non sticky thread. Every now and then this thread gets lil spurts here and there, but I wanna see the highest number of posts. Stupid, yes I know, but I'm having to pull a double shift tonight (3pm-7am) and this is the quiet before the storm...so I got bored and wanted to throw this out there. POST SOMETHING DAMNIT, tell your sob stories or happy stories at CSS!! I'm onna the newbs, reminisce on the old times at CSS, lemme know how much has changed...anything to post up on that dublin post!!

BUT if i post the clowns will get me..... their everywhere :S:S

hmmm maybe erics stink will keep the clowns away..... ok who has my gas mask.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I asked Eric if we could play Twister too! I think it's in his trailer. You and I are due for a rematch... I'd better start stretching tonight.

OK, I had seriously not thought of the Eric/chili issue. Maybe we need to reschedule this for Sunday night. :P

Do any of you know that I have a twister board tattooed on my back...? I wouldn't mind at all lettin ya'll USE that one!!! Give that a thought!!! Beav's Portable twister!!

Do any of you know that I have a twister board tattooed on my back...? I wouldn't mind at all lettin ya'll USE that one!!! Give that a thought!!! Beav's Portable twister!!

You're supposed to give us incentive to come to the party dude... I mean.. what the hell do we do if it lands on right hand red??
Bibb

Um, I guess the guys can go play on one board and they can watch the ladies play on my board!!! There. No, leave my red spot alone!! :-P

Hey everyone, it's been awhile.

PT is going well.....I might return in a month, starting to do jumping exercises and light jogging.

Eric congrats on your Tandem rating, thats great news. So now you can do the tandem and video and get twice the pay. ;)

Mike welcome to skydiving, it will be nice to have new energy around the DZ when I get back.

Marion.....I saw some info on the CSS website about you. Will you be my "Jump Buddy", when I come back? :ph34r:

Easter Boogie - I'm hearing rumors (emphasize RUMORS), that Cliff and Joyce Weaver may be coming. For those that don't know Cliff, he used to be the DZ Manager years ago, and is a great RW Organizer. Make sure you introduce yourself if he shows up. He's a great guy.

See you all soon.

Harry P

Thanks Harry P, I look forward to meeting you.
Question for you guys, I am thinking of getting level 4 done this weekend if the $$$ works, and wanted to do level 5 & 6 the following weekend.
I see that is the boggie weekend. Question is the DZ open like normal for all to jump or should I plan on doing 5 & 6 the weekend after?

To answer your question yes the DZ is open normal on a boogie weekend. Your more then welcome to come out and do your level 5-6 beside i would highly recommend coming to a boogie and plan on staying late because you dont wanna miss the night life.

See you there.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Re: student jumps during the Easter Boogie- be sure to call the front desk ahead of time so they can schedule you for a good day. Because you'll probably be doing a ground school too, they might have a preference for which day you come out. :)
Hey Harry- you know how dz rumors work... Did y'all hear that Cliff is definitely going to be here for the Easter Boogie? Awesome! :D:D

Is CSS going to have a big to do on Friday coming up? I'm trying to decide on whether just showing up on Friday or come thursday and stay the night.

I would also like to bring your attention to something very...enlightening...
Go grab that magazine that most of you read oh about once a month, that just came in the mail sometime this week. Parachutist seems to be the name I believe. Now turn to page 62, column 3, and 20 lines down (not including the header on the page). Now all of you cower in fear at the name you see!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B|B|

I am sooooo excited about this!! Let me just say that I have the Consular office set up in the loft, for those that need temporary visitor's visas to: "The Villiage." I have a few who should be coming up next weekend. (Yep, be very afraid, Whitney :D- but don't worry, I'll have a 3-room tent.)

We'll still have some kinks to work out with The Villiage next weekend, and I still need to learn all the rules/by-laws, but as soon as possible I think we should have the by-laws for outsiders posted on this thread B|.

If anyone wants to PM me any rules, by-laws, covenants, etc. that'd be cool.

Whit - I do like the idea of a padlocked outer-storage bin, very much. We just upgraded our grill, so I can bring our old one. We'll have to think of cooler storage as well. Everyone keep brainstorming! This is going to be a kickass, awesome summer!

Suggestions? PM me.

Love,
Dawn

We'll still have some kinks to work out with The Villiage next weekend

Are you assigning chores or this an exercise program?

P.S. I think they prefer to be just called skydivers. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Currently accepting all inquiries and applications for an Easter Boogie cuddlebuddy!!

Ladies only please. I know you're hurtin fellas, lol.

Can't wait for the weekend already!!