base570

CSS anyone 2??

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1211484/

A small aircraft ran off the runway of a Franklin County airport Thursday afternoon.

There were no reports of injuries.

The incident occurred at about 5 p.m. when the DeHavilland Twin Otter was landing at the North Raleigh Airport in Louisburg for maintenance.

The plane suffered minor damage.

Does this happen to be a CSS otter?

Franklin Co airport is the municipal airport in Franklin Co., and Northeast Raleigh airport that Melissa mentions is the little place off of US 64 east of Raleigh.

"Noth Raleigh Airport" is the name of the CSS airstrip. There is known to be a maintenance facility there for Twin Otters.

I just pulled out the sectional chart & CSS is marked as North Raleigh (00NC). The one off of 64 is Raleigh East. There's a good chance that this was a CSS otter, but it has not come up on the NTSB accident reports yet.
Regardless, thank goodness nobody was hurt & I hope that the airplane isn't busted too badly.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I heard through the grapevine that this was an otter landing at CSS... I haven't confirmed this yet.

In an effort to protect the family members of the aircraft we would like to wait until the names are released by the police. So until you have the confirmed report please refrain from make unsubstantiated reports. hmmm say that 3 times fast.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I just talked to Rob and he said that it was an otter was not one of ours and was coming in for maintnence. The pilot decided to try to get into our runway after being told to move it over to Franklin Co. & bounced off the runway in crazy winds. Both props struck, but otherwise the airplane was in pretty good shape.

I hereby officially deem this weekend the "Lyman is Gone Boogie!" To hell with labor day!

BTW folks, check out the travel section of the N&O today. There's a story about a place in Charlotte that's opening up soon called the US National Whitewater Center. It's basically a wind tunnel for rafting and kayaking. We should try to get a trip together some weekend... maybe go rafting one day and visit Chester the other?
Check out the video: [url"http://www.vimeo.com/clip:89292/context/tag:nc"]Clicky![/url]

This place is alot of fun. When you go flying out of the boat and swim through a few rapids, you'd swear it was a real river. :)
http://www.usnwc.org
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

So i guess that model rockets and 35MPH wind don't mix. Guess we will have to try again with a 2 or 3 stage rocket next time with not so much wind. See everyone tomorrow.

On a side note (dawn if you post after this... so help me) I am considering forming a beginners 4 way team for this upcoming season. If your interested in learning a little bit about what 4 way competition is all about send me an e-mail and we will schedule a time for everyone to get together. This is mostly for our newer jumpers but don't get me wrong its open to anyone.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

My lovely lovely ladies of the DZ...Marion's starting to get the word out so I'm helping spread it...

...if your inner tramp wants to be set free...we've got a night for you...

...and for the tramp lovers in the audience...there will be festivities later for you as well...

oh Tramp Night....how i've missed you so....
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

Bolas, Tramp Night is its own holiday. :P

Tramps- let me know which days work best for you next week. It's looking like Thursday or Friday might be good, so let me know if that works.

Policy question: Are jeans ok, if the shirt and shoes are appropriately tramptastic?

If I was going my vote would be yes on the jeans.;) What about army camo's though? Army green socks that go up to your knees, granny panties, sports bra, brown high top boots, hair in a bun..........Is that trampy enough? So can I get a yes or no on that? I've got bling, bling too it even has my name and info engraved on it. Top that for looking good. But alast I will be wasting my outfit by wearing it out to the field this week, not the club. >:( hahaha :P

Love ya'll, have fun!!!!!! I'll be out with ya'll in April or May.

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

On a related note, don't forget that next friday marks the Grand Re-Opening of the DZ on fridays! Lets try to get a decent crowd out to make some jumps and make it worth Nancy's while to open up during the week. Hopefully we can revive Freefly Fridays ;)

YAY!! I'll make sure I'm off work next friday...this will kick ass...

and speaking of asses...if it looks fine in 'dem jeans...then work it out...i'll be rockin some booty jeans with ya!!

woohoo....ok....too much coffee!
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

What about army camo's though? Army green socks that go up to your knees, granny panties, sports bra, brown high top boots, hair in a bun..........

Why would you be wearing granny panties when you have that camo thong with the bullets attached to the side? :P

Miss you, Casey. :)