base570

CSS anyone 2??

Woohoo! Thursday is my birthday! Make sure that you're there in time for the Film Festival!

I'm leaving Twin Falls in the morning for either Moab (again) or Skydive Chicago. I hope that you guys have some good weather this weekend at home!
Seeya!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Gorgeous form, boy!

Have FUN at Ottawa - I'm jealous. That drop zone used to be our home-away-from-home and it absolutely kicks ASS. I'm so glad Nationals will be there next year.

I wasn't going to go to Bridge Day but Jeff is trying to talk me into it (I'm sure he just wants me to pack for him :P.) Plus, I just found out that Triax backed out of doing the DVD, so I might ask a "certain someone" if he'd be interested in his company doing it .... that would be awesome.

If I don't see you, have a great birthday.

Spork nearby,
D

It's late & cold here in Ottawa. I'm having trouble sleeping, so I figured I'd check on the thread. Skydive Chicago is FRIKIN HUGE! I had a pretty interesting evening @ Rook's place tonight. The locals here are very cool & young compared to most DZ's. I spent last night sleeping in the Jeep in the parking lot at the Lincoln Sport Parachute Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. I got up in the morning and made an $8 hop & pop :P and then spent the rest of the day driving towards SDC.

Back in TF I talked to some punk-ass jumpers from Lodi who said that Jimmy Halliday and his crew will be doing the Bridge Day DVD >:( I'll be in WV sometime tuesday & I hope to see some of you there later in the week!
Seeya!

For those interested: Andrew & Shawn are officially a couple. No, not really. We are in Iraq and will be 'settled in' shortly (after only 17 days). Though we continue to fly in a multitude of perfectly good jump planes here the pilots refuse to turn the green light on.
We'll have a mailing address sometime this week and should have access to a computer. We'll send back some pics to whatever email you want.
Stay Safe! CSS has more WIA than our whole team in a combat zone.
shawn

Shawn! It's good to hear from you. :)
Thanks to Dave, Elliott, and Chris for the jumps on Sunday. It was so much more fun than the LSAT Reading Comp. homework I did on Saturday. :P

One more thing... Dave and Thud: Matt Lyle and I own you in Spades until the next rematch. Bring it. B|

Hehe... it's red man! Respect the Pro-Tec! If only I had some dreads that I could stick out of all of the little holes :)
I'm in the Windy City today & I'm leaving for NRGB in the morning. I hope everyone is having a great time back home. I'll be back before you know it.
Seeya!

darn eric I am in the windy city as well you should have given me a call man.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

so i was just wondering if anyone was interested in trying to hit the State Fair or some haunted houses/trails this weekend?

pm me....its fall and almost halloween and i just realized that i haven't done anything to celebrate those wonderful facts!!

luv ya taters...
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

i'm seriously going to make signs and start picketing all of your houses for putting all the fun stuff on thursday nights....

so sad...i'm off to cry in my beer....thats right, i'm so sad i'm going to start drinking at 2 in the afternoon....WHAT, its 5 o'clock somewhere!!

:P
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

I don't know about the rest of you guys...but I'm feeling a little loopy. Are you sure that was just powdered sugar? "... It stings the nostrils. In a good way." When in rome?
"I need some skittles!!!!!" - Hispa #63

I'm feeling loopy from the mishmash of drug vapors floating around the halls of the Holiday Inn. The CSS contingent showed up late last night & we hung out for an hour or so. The buzz has started and the weather for tomorrow looks excellent! I hope everyone back at CSS has a great weekend. Be safe & I'll see you all very soon!
:P

For those who care/wonder about Jack:

He's walking much better, only using his cane occasionally, driving alone long-ish distances, totally independent, as opinionated and funny as ever, working out & going to the gym like a fiend, and spending his weekends at The Farm or Skydive Atlanta B|B|B|.

He STILL is not in rehab down there. He'll be seeing a neurologist this week and getting evaluated for it - but I have a feeling they'll say there's nothing more they can do for him that he's not doing himself.

He sounds VERY happy.

Although he's not jumping again ... yet .... (I think we still have January at CSS for a goal) Skydive Atlanta is putting him to work with tandem instruction, etc.

I'm thinking about going down there for their big Halloween freefly fest/party - anyone else planning on going?

-D

Please tell Jack that Shawn and Andrew wish him well. We don't have much of a gym here, but whenever we get a chance we try to get our swell on to be like Jack.

I've found a pilot crazy enough to let me jump. An Army SF guy (jumper at the Farm) says the contractors will drop me off at about 8K'. Now I need to convince my boss.

We're about settled in and operatinig in our new neighborhood.

Please pass on my email address to Jack.
See you in a year,
Shawn

[email protected]

After 15 Years of Marriage we finally have crossed a Bridge that was a long time coming.

My Son Zachary H Parrish was born today 8/24/2006 at 12:44PM EST. He weighed 6.24 Lbs and is 17 Inches in Length. He and Mom are healthy and doing very well.

I'm VERY Excited......I've been told many times there's nothing like it and you just have to experince it to believe it. Now I know what everyone else was talking about.

Can't believe I watched the entire Birth, even cut the cord. This coming from a Panzy Ass that threatens to faint when I give Blood. I even changed his first diaper and Swaddled Him.

Well it was incredible and Now I'm going to bed and gettng some sleep.

WOW I'm a DAD.