base570

CSS anyone 2??

I forgot to mention...I had the great pleasure of eating with the parrish crew on saturday and harry had the good idea to drum up a group for hockey...since Christine and I both share a great love of the sport we were immediately on board...anyone else interested in trying to get a group together to see the hurricanes play??...we should probably try to get it in soon, or maybe we wait a month or so and then little zack harry can come with!!

later taters....see you all this weekend!

Christine and I had a good time at dinner. Jerry and his friend John, Brandon, and Whitney made it out. Hope to see more of you this weekend, I'll be up at CSS this weekend.

We have Season Tickets for the Hurricanes so if folks want to go to a game we can get additional tickets at Season Ticket Rates. About 10-15% less. Get me a list of names of who wants to attend and I can collect the money and get the tickets.

Zachary will be coming soon!!!! Christine is due 10/31 but he could come at any time now. We are excited. He will be a Caniac......He has no options there.

See you all soon.

Thanks for the advice on the MRI Harry, I have an appointment at the Orthopedic place tomm. I will definitely make sure they look at everything. The knee seems to be getting better everyday but it's really tight and gets stiff if I don't walk on it for a while but seems to loosen up the more I use it. Thanks to everyone for their concern it makes me feel better about being a dumbass. I'm planning to visit the DZ late Saturday and help Eugene with dinner so I should have an update on my condition then. Eric keeping having fun on your trip and be careful, see you when you get back, thanks again for your advice Harry, hope to see you soon heal fast. --Matt--

Hello everyone,
Matt, I hope your appointment goes well and you don't need surgery or spare parts from dead people :( Everyone else, keep having fun out there, but don't get busted up!
Twin Falls is nice... except for the craaazy winds that is. Yesterday evening it ended up calming down to jumpable levels at about 3pm and I made four jumps, the final one being at last light with the full moon rising over the canyon :)Miles Dashier came out last night at like 6:30pm and made three unpacked jumps in about 45 minutes... that's including the 500 ft vertical climb out of the canyon each time.
I'm off to check the winds down in the landing area again. I'll cut a little video together after the weekend if I can get enough footage.
Seeya!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

This is the second time I've seen a doctor and still don't know what the damage is. I had X-rays today and the good news is my knee is not broken. The doc thinks I tore some cartilage (is that spelled right?) so I'm getting an MRI on Tuesday to find out. Doc says depending on how bad and how much cartilage is torn surgery may or may not be necessary. Looks like it will take at least 3 visits to the hospital just to find out the extent of the damage. Is it just me or is it more of a pain in the butt dealing with doctors than it is dealing with the pain of an injury? Anyway, hope everyone has fun jumping this weekend (you suck) see you Saturday nite. --Matt--

^ I dunnow... maybe he could just change it from "Burnout" to "Burned In." *snicker*

The winds at the bridge finally calmed down today! I got 2 TARD's and 2 packed jumps in today. Tomorrow looks like yet another washout... we'll see.
Everybody have a good & safe weekend!

I'm hoping he'll get something binary...come on 1101! Captain, what happened to calling Matt by his new name...Thud?

Dawn, "the team" crapped out on me...do you have any reserves we can do this weekend? Thanks for your help, I know you made that other Mirage look worse then mine to make me feel better ;)

Harry?!? Fix your email man...there's this new thing called a trash can...Help us out. I hope your recovery is going well...hang out with us sometime!

Marion, you better not pull any africanized sinus bacteria bs this weekend...everyone I jump with is either base jumping out west, busted up, contaminated with flesh eating africanized sinus bacteria, or pulling a Joey (what's Joey's excuse again?).

Thud, you're on movie night probation (this is warning number 1)!

PS - I was forced to see a movie this weekend that got a rotten freshness of 24% on rotten tomatoes. Someone please help me recover my $6.50.
"I need some skittles!!!!!" - Hispa #63

Sorry I can't be there to jump with you Dave, but at least you've got a spiffy new canopy to play with!

I'll give 10 bucks to whoever can guess my BASE number. Limit one guess per jumper. I should get it in the mail about the time that I get back to Raleigh. I talked to a guy from Cali who just got number 1117 about 2 weeks ago. I was hoping for a palindrome (1111):( & it looks like there won't be any bianary numbers any time soon either, so I'm crossing my fingers for 1122. It ought to be close.

I hope that the weather in NC is cooperating better than it is here.... Then again, if the weather is crap hopefully that will keep anyone else from getting busted up :S It's windy as crap once again and there aren't any jumpers to be found.

If anyone sees Marion, give her a hug from me! She's been sick and she just took the LSAT for the second time since I've been gone.

Take care everyone!

hmm my guess is 1121. Its ok the weather here in lansing, MI sucks as well, so it looks like about 3 weeks of no jumping for me. Can't wait to get back on the 18th.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I'm hoping he'll get something binary...come on 1101! Captain, what happened to calling Matt by his new name...Thud?

Dawn, "the team" crapped out on me...do you have any reserves we can do this weekend? Thanks for your help, I know you made that other Mirage look worse then mine to make me feel better ;)

Harry?!? Fix your email man...there's this new thing called a trash can...Help us out. I hope your recovery is going well...hang out with us sometime!

Marion, you better not pull any africanized sinus bacteria bs this weekend...everyone I jump with is either base jumping out west, busted up, contaminated with flesh eating africanized sinus bacteria, or pulling a Joey (what's Joey's excuse again?).

Thud, you're on movie night probation (this is warning number 1)!

PS - I was forced to see a movie this weekend that got a rotten freshness of 24% on rotten tomatoes. Someone please help me recover my $6.50.

Damn Mullet boy you bitch a lot did you get sand between your legs this weekend or what?

:o

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I guess I'm getting old

Stop it!! You're a pathfinder, baby. A maverick. A true lodestar indeed, and I still love you immensely.

Not bad for an ancient Pisces ....
(- ducking and running - )

Eric - I guess 1125 or 1134 .... both have significance but if I have to choose I'll say 1125. Yeah baby! Hopefully next time I see you, you'll owe me a few crispy tacos AND $10.

(.... you didn't forget about the tacos, did you?)

Hope the weather shapes up.

Signed:
Keeping my Moab spork nearby at all times,
D

Dave, you got TWO bags of skittles out of the deal!!!!! AND an introduction to SMORES.

And I (and everyone else) heard you laugh at the movie that recieved only 24 %

Hope ya'll get to see the really good one tonight.

Casey
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Hehe... The winds are supposed to be nice this morning so I'm off to the bridge.
Dawn, Thanks for taking good care of the Spork! The tacos here in the west are delicious! There's nothing quite like flour hard tacos ;)
Jason, I had thought that 1140 would be cool too, but I'm probably a little too early for that one.
Everybody have a good Sunday!

:)
Today's weather sucks. It's so dreary and gloomy . . . not that I can jump anyways. I'll be out for another two weeks or so. PT is helping a ton, and I finally got rid of the huge 10 lb walking boot. Hooray!!!!!!!!! B|

We ran into Whitney, Brandon, and Shaun last night at CrazyFire. I could recognize her laugh from across the restaurant. She might be banned though for throwing food all over the place! ;)

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."

congrats to ERIC
With his "E" jump completed last week in Moab Eric qualified for his BASE #!!!!!
Nice workB|B|

Any wagers on what his number will be? My guess is 1122

Congrats Eric!!!! Thats Great News. I'll keep my wager with the Old Codger, 1122 sounds like a man in the know.

Hey dont be such a god damned stranger Jason.;)

you know its been a crap weather weekend when there are this many replys on dropzone!

and melissa, don't pick on this 10lb torture device...its got me walking without crutches!!...oh, and as for crazy finre...i was a little worried that we were going to have to drag you and keith away from the gong!!

KICK ASS Eric and congrats!! I have no idea what to guess, but i think 1119...

Marion!! I'm sure the test went AWESOME and i'm sorry you're not feeling well..i'm totally walking with the boot now so let me know if i can bring you anything!

and i would like to petition that there be either Monday night or weekend night "movie nights" once in a while cause lots of kids who need lots of help with their math are keeping me from the fun and i'm sad!!
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

congrats to ERIC
With his "E" jump completed last week in Moab Eric qualified for his BASE #!!!!!
Nice workB|B|

Any wagers on what his number will be? My guess is 1122

Congratulations Eric! B|
For the number guess: I'll take 1123 for $10 Alex...I mean Eric.
1122 would be a cool number - It's the time of the NC Pick 3 lottery draw each night.
Be safe Eric...keep the updates coming...See Ya at Bride Day
---------------------------------------

and i would like to petition that there be either Monday night or weekend night "movie nights" once in a while cause lots of kids who need lots of help with their math are keeping me from the fun and i'm sad!!

Hell, yeah, I'll join that petition. Fri, Sat, Sun or Mon would rock for my reverse-weekend life. Maybe once a month?

I miss you guys! (Marion: Miss you; love you. Hope you're getting some zzzzzzs and your sinuses are better) - seems like I haven't seen or talked to anyone in weeks. I'm out of town again this week so will miss movie night, but I really want to cook for everyone one of these weeks. I'll be back Fri .... and hopefully we'll have good weather this weekend.

-D

Hey everyone! I'm leaving Twin Falls soon to slowly head back east towards Bridge Day. Speaking of Bridge Day, who all is showing up?? Greg, Nick??
The wind here at the Perrine has finally slowed down a bit and I've been able to make a bunch of jumps. Here's a shot of my first rollover :)

Sweet pic of the rollover.
Jeff is flying here and so far there is a loose plan to drive up Thurs. evening. Emily & Melissa are coming up (but not to jump). Nick chickened out- said he got scared from last year...not really but if this gets back to him maybe he will come up and prove me wrong.:ph34r:
---------------------------------------