base570

CSS anyone 2??

Thanks for the update!

It was great to see some awesome, welcome faces when I walked in towards the end of the day, after being gone for awhile. In order: Greg Erwin, Matt & Allison Norris, and J Porter! The best part was your hug, Eric. No, I'm not turning into a gossip columnist :P - it's just too cool to see Matt & Allison back. Might even have to break out the hoola-hoops.

I AM looking forward to a great weekend here though - on several levels. Everyone should come & jump the CASA on Sat. Sun's looking pretty iffy.

Tess - will you REALLY be out??? I'll have to give you the story of my "glamour shot" that you saw at Guido's ... which was probably taken before you were born :S:).

-D

p.s. "SINE PARI" - miss you, G

Hey guys... Just wanted to let everyone know that there is tunnel time is available if anyone wants it over Memorial Day weekend. We have about 1 hour 40 minutes available, so let me know if you're interested or want more information.

In general, it's $700 per hour of tunnel time, plus $100 per hour if you want RW coaching (from awesome coaches!). That's easily divisible, so just do the math.

The camp is mainly for us flat flyers, but it's pretty easy to get FF coaching, usually for free from the tunnel rats there.

Just email me: [email protected]. I'm in and out all weekend, so it may take me until Tuesday to respond.

3rd page ouch I don't think I have ever seen this tread get that far......

Matt I blame it on you :o

By the way night jumps kicked ass on friday :)

Hope everyone did well at the meet B|

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Hey everybody,

My brother, sister and I are having a cook out in Raleigh this Wednesday night (the 24th). It should be a lot of fun- my sister will be doing all the grilling, so if you want to bring drinks/a side/dessert, that's cool, but it's also fine if you just bring yourself/a dog/a friend. We'll probably get started around 6, but feel free to come a little later too (especially if you're at the dz Wednesday afternoon- the weather looks good).

Really, everyone is welcome to come. We just need a heads up by Wednesday am so we know how much grillable stuff to get. If you want to come, just send me a pm and I'll give you the address. See y'all Wednesday! :)

Happy Birthday to you, you smell like a ........

O wait wrong song

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARION!:ph34r:

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Marion,
Happy Happy Happy day!

Thanks to all the CSSers for the great company in Chester last weekend. Have the Fockers dryed out yet? I hear that nasty riser slap of Casey's has almost healed. I'm glad Darrin's night jump went better than Lewis's. He ended up in a very small fenced back yard and it took almost 10 minutes to get the homeowner to lower the shotgun and release him!

Anyone heard from Joe recently? I heard on the radio that Big Pretty... was playing at the Downtown Live in Raleigh on Saturday. There are 4 or 5 bands on the bill and I'ld love to know when they are scheduled to play. Can't hang for the whole event. Anyone want to join Stuart and I in Moore Square on Saturday afternoon?

karen

Hey!

A bunch of us were talking about having a cocktail night at the DZ this Saturday. Bring your favorite hard liquor and a mixer. Let me know if you're interested.

Happy Birthday Marion!!

~ OuTEr FocKeR OuT
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."

Hi everyone. I know it's memorial day boogie this weekend...but I thought I'd mention it anyways. We've got a big break by being invited to play on the first day of Bud Light Downtown Live concert series in downtown Raleigh. The show is this saturday from 2-11 and we go on at 5:30 till 6:30PM.

AND if you want to we will be be on the radio LIVE this Friday on WKNC 88.1 from 6 till sometime. We're getting an interview and a live acoustic performance.

Hope some of you will listen in or make it to the show.

LOVE YOU ALL!!

--joe
BPRR
www.bpandrr.com
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

OuterFocker: wait till I show you the stills from some of your exits at Chester last week! At least we now know which team (cough, cough) taught you how to funnel a star... ;-)

Seriously, don't get yourselves too focked up on Cocktail night... we'll miss you while we're tunneling this weekend...

--LJ

A couple remarks:
HAPPY (Late)BIRTHDAY MARION!

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY JON!

Rob: Alright, you know you've landed off at some point. Rob climbed a tree for you. Helped you out in some way. Talked you down on radio as a student. Well... Now it's time to give him something. He is the hardest working and most underpaid person at the dropzone. I'm organizing for him to go to the Chicago concert For those of you that don't know last year he was supposed to go, but ended up working so much that by the time he got off to go, he fell asleep at home and missed the concert. Well.. I want to send him in style... so i need people to contribute money for his concert ticket... as well as we're looking at possibly sending him in a limo and sending him to dinner all expenses paid. Any suggestions, let me know. Please see me this weekend. ALSO!!! Anyone that wants to go... i'd rather we send him with friends... Let me know that too. Chicago and Hewey Lewis Sat. July 15th. THIS IS HUSH HUSH! I don't want him to find out... so keep it a SECRET! :)

Thanks
Emily

Ps: LJ: We followed suit. Me, BJ and Shawn tried to launch a 3-way round so we could build a hybrid and funneled it in the Casa. Good fun.

I might could do this. If Dave doesn't go.
:P

You boys seriously need to stop this and "play nice."

(Justin, let me clue you in here. Shaved legs on a guy can be EXTREMELY sexy :D:$.)

Emily - your idea about Rob is one of the best ideas to come out of CSS in a LOOOONG time. Many people don't realize that he may spend 16 hours a day at CSS, but he only gets paid for 8. Usually when he is looking for cutaway canopies, and freebags and res. PCs, he's doing this on his own time. Whenever we have an event/band/etc, he HAS to stay until he can lock down all of the buildings. Many times that's at 3 a.m. and he's been up since 6 a.m. and REALLY wants to get home to his cats.

He has to keep both male and female shower rooms in the best shape that he can keep them - I think he does an amazing job.

His ability to find off-jumpers and cutaway canopies is - to me - absolutely uncanny.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen to CSS if Rob wasn't there. Sometimes I wonder - like Emily - if people truly appreciate his talents at finding you all when you land off, or finding your cutaway mains and your reserve freebags/PCs.

Count me in, not only for $ but for logistics and planning. He SO deserves this, more than I could ever say. Em, I'll get w/you tomorrow.

Are we gonna get him a date?? B|

Happy day, Jon. I'm glad you've been here - you've been a real asset. Sorry our goals diverged tonight :D - I LOVE having you around - have a GREAT BD!! (Watch out for the Jack. I REALLY don't want to pack student rigs in the a.m. ... but I will if you need that.

Much love to everyone. Esp. to the friends who've helped my out during this difficult week: Marion, David, Eric and Nick. You guys absolutely rock. Don't go too far away :P.

-D

Update for Rob:
I will be buying the tickets to the concert on Monday June 5th, so you have one more weekend to contribute. Tickets are $65 if you'd like to go, we're trying to get a group that wants to go. So far it's Shari and possibly Melissa going. Chicago and Hewey Lewis, July 15th, Altel/Walnut Creek, 7:30pm. Please plan to contribute to either Nick or I by next weekend, and let me know if you're planning on going to the concert. [email protected]

I talked to Kim (kim and Sherry)and he's going to help us out with getting him a limo. Eric suggested last load of that day we all land off and kindnap him into the limo... i love it.

Also planning on sending him to a nice dinner. Suggestions?

Thanks for the support on this. Any other suggestions of what to do i'd love to hear them.

And yes, most of you don't know but he clocks in at noon and clocks out at 8pm... so if you see him there other hours, it's on his own time. Remember to just give him a thank you every once in a while.

I love the idea for Rob- especially the landing off part to lure him out! Count me in for support.

B-Ball's birthday was yesterday too. In case he still reads this thread I'll send out a Happy Birthday for him. I saw him at the tunnel camp this weekend. We all had a blast.

Alright...headed to the DZ now for some Monday jumps. Hope to see a good crowd there.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

^ The tunnel was probably the safest place to be this weekend. I just read all of the incident reports & it seems that the warm season has started off on the wrong foot. Just this past weekend there was one CRW fatality in Spain, a low turn (experienced jumper, not swooping) in Louisa, VA, another tandem student falling out of the harness @ AirOhio, a very experienced BASE fatality in Norway, and a string of BASE injuries and one fatality at the Potatoe Bridge... :( Yikes... be safe everyone!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Yeah, all the fatalities this past week is a bit crazy!! I can't believe another student fell out of a tandem harness... I hope this doesn't hurt the tandem industry, since the publicity has been pretty high!

Emily- count Melissa and I in for supporting Rob's concert. The landing off idea sounds great :) Sorry I can't go, but you would have to pay me $65 to sit through that concert :)
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

Just an FYI... We have another tunnel camp scheduled over Labor Day (Sept 1-4) if anyone wants to come. That's the weekend before the final CaSL meet. Let me know if you're interested or want more details.]

And the weekend before a very special day for our very own Point FocKeR
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------