base570

CSS anyone 2??

Thanks to all you guys for coming to my show last night. It is always great to see skydivers in the crowd. Thanks for all your support. Oh and sorry I didn't give you a shout out. :) I was a bit out of it last night with my coughing fits and lack of sleep.

I received word today that the CD is officially 10 days away from being finished. I heard the mastered copy and I'm very proud of that end product. Some of you made it to the inside CD cover...actually only two of you did and I had nothing to do with that. Anyways I'll make sure and bring a handful to CSS when they're ready to go.
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

huh, missed the nibbling thing but the show was great. Missed all of you who weren't there last night,(dawn, marion, eric etc ) it was alot of fun.

marion-- What time is does the course start on Friday. I might have to come out and watch a little of the course since I will be taking the Saturday session. Looking forward to it.
And the weather is BEautiFUl this weekend. :P
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Woohoo! Sunday was super! I got to break in the new D-rebel & do some cool jumps & canopy exercises with the rest of the Canopy Control students. We've got to get Scott to come around more often, I think we all got alot out of his course.

I'll try to upload some of the pictures to shutterfly as soon as i can find a card reader here at school.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

The weekend was awesome. I did my FIRST double fronts approaches. I learned that my Sabre 2 glides waaaay more than my Triathlon on no wind days. I did 10 jumps with no freefall time, then did a sunset freefly jump with Eric yesterday and had no clue what to do - "Oh. You want me to grab that foot you're sticking out at me? But there aren't dive loops on your shoes." :D

^Hey, it'll happen to you sooner or later when you strap your camera on ;)

Anyhow, here are the latest batch of pictures from the weekend. I have a bunch more of jumps with Casey and Yhevgeniy, as well as a really nice swoop pic of Lyman on Steve's laptop. Lots of you are featured, so look through them all.

CLICKY!

Hey CSS'ers,
As much as I try to deny it, my vacation from the real world is rapidly coming to an end. I'm going to be moving to New York in a couple of months to rejoin the rat race.

Thanks for showing me such a good time. I couldn't have asked for a better group of skydiving friends or a better DZ to call home. I will really miss you all.

I'm going to be traveling and jumping as much as I can over the next two months, one last blast before I head out. See you at the DZ!

Much love, blue skies, calm winds and all that other sentimental stuff :)
Mak

MAK - goodbye, I miss you already!

I read your post with some confusion and trepidation, then realized you had told me almost all of this the first time I met you, in the rigging loft.

Somehow I thought you'd end up in Arizona or SoCal, not NY.

I'll miss you; your quiet ways, your continuous optimism and your beautiful accent. I'm glad we have Karen's excellent exit picture of you on the packing room wall to remind us.

Best of luck to you, Mak! Take care + be well. Please come back and see us sometime.

-Dawn

We're gonna miss you Mak! I hope NY treats you well and all that (beats the hell out of Durham ;)) Come down and see us for the big boogies. Maybe if i'm lucky i'll get to watch you walk the plank into the swoop pond next yeAARRRRRRRR! :D

I'll be out at the DZ this afternoon packing my stuff for southport and hopefully getting a jump in. See ya!

Bummer you are leaving, have fun in the big Apple! Now I have a place to crash if I head up there. ;)

Speaking of which, anyone heading up to Xkeys for their boogie next weekend? I was HOPING to have the end of the week through the weekend off, but now it looks like I'll have to go in for an HOUR on Fri, how gay!! So guess I'll be on the road right after that, and coming home Sunday.

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

^I'm sure that there will be alot to learn from the Gus Wing incident. My uncle in DeLand had known both Gus and the Pilot for over a decade, and he was on the scene as it happened. I've only started leafing through the threads on the incident, so i don't know who was in the wrong or exactly what the situation was. Either way the community has lost one hell of a skydiver/BASE jumper. BSBD [:/]

I'm glad that the weekend at CSS went smoothly. Those were some pretty scary tandem landings. Lets all hope for better weather this coming weekend for the Rape Awareness tandemonium.

Here are some pics of Peter and Akos in action ;) The weather was really nice yesterday above the clouds. CLICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the reason why I ask is that during my student training not so long ago, I was taught that a good place to start my pattern when the winds were from the west is right over the patch of tree at the end of the runway, fly down the length of the runway, then turn to base.

That means for about 400 feet of altitude and half the length of the runway, I'm pretty much directly over it. Shouldn't be an issue, because the aircraft should be much lower than 600ft when landing on the runway, or taking off from the runway, but now I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I shouldn't change that pattern so as not to fly over the runway.

Another thing that I started thinking about is that I don't know the aircraft approach pattern. I haven't been watching their landings enough to know which direction they usually come from in certain wind conditions, and how they make their approach (what altitudes do they turn at and where). I don't know if every pilot has their own method or if the DZ mandates a particular pattern. Maybe these are things we SHOULD know?

Nice pictures, by the way. Have you figured out how to burn them to DVD yet?

Mike