base570

CSS anyone 2??

My sister used to win our family's pool by picking teams based on who has the best colors.

My mom does the same thing with football.

Hey Marion, just thought I would chime in, I've been busy busy busy with work, but trying to keep up on what's going on out there. It sounds like you guys are having a get together for Patties Day as well as the boogie in Dublin. I ask because there is a SMMAAAALLL chance I might get time on Sun and Dublin is too far and I'm sure everyone at Raeford will be in Dublin.

Fri the 25th is a SLIM chance as well.

I actually have tomorrow off, but what is there on a Tues?!

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Hey Guido, Nice to see you in our little forum again. The weather for this week looks a little on the sad side. The dropzone is usually closed on tuesdays, but it will be open tomorrow because there is an AFF course going on. I'll be there in the afternoon doing a little work for the riggers and could probably tear myself away for a jump if there're other fun jumpers around.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I guess I missed getting in on the action for the NCAA. I think the brackets had to be turned in today at 12 does anyone know for sure? One thing's for sure marion not going to win. I wanna see a Carolina vs. Duke final. But I guess Marion would be scared to see that. Since that last Carolina vs. Duke game. (LOL)

Yeah- Y'all are a buch of slowpokes. It's just Dawn, my brother Will and me. Big money at stake. :P

The last Tarholes/Duke matchup? Would that be from last Sunday, the ACC Championship? Surely the #1 team in the conference made it through to the last day of the tournament.

No??? That's too bad. :D

:)
Speaking of brackets, what's up with Alabama??? And Pacific has to hold on for me. That exploding sound you'll hear in 10 minutes is the entire Chicago/Albuquerque side of my bracket.

Dzenya -

No jumps yet, but the weather looks pretty good for tomorrow.

Everyone seemed pretty stressed/overwhelmed today when Billy let them go early, between 1 and 2 p.m (In fact Randy was talking about going off somewhere to shoot himself in the head.) They were using the rest of today to work on ground preps.

From what I've seen of the courses over the years, the ground preps take way more time than the actual jumps - this is why I never volunteer to play student anymore. YOU would be great though! You could get all excited and pretend to not understand anything anyone said to you.

How's your main D-bag these days? ;) I hope it's behaving.

-Dawn

Yea, everyone come out tomorrow if the weather is nice! The AFF candidates need our moral support if nothing else.
It's been a pretty busy week around CSS considering the rain and whatnot. I have been working with Dawn & John retrimming some of the tandem canopies, and they've been up to their asses in pre-easter boogie repacks.
Jason M. came by today, still in one piece after his big Mexico-BASE excursion. He had some nifty pictures and stories to share... and he said he'd be back over the weekend to do some jumps (actual skydives, that's rare these days :S)
Anyhow, the weekend is looking like it's going to be pretty busy, so come out and enjoy the friday vibe. If anybody is just itching for a reason to cut out on work or classes tomorrow, call my cel (919-696-1426), and i'll let you know what the weather's like & who's here.

Seeya!
Eric

I'd love to ditch class and come out there, but I doubt I'll be able to. I've got at least one exam. Maybe others I don't know about. Next week is spring break though, so I should be at the DZ most of the week. I might be able to come out tomorrow after class though.

When are we gonna do the fondue thing? Also- do you know what day the balloon jumps will be and what the cost is?

Mike

Yeeha! The spring weather has finally arrived. It's sunny and warm outside, and the windsock is almost hanging off of the pole. 99G (the king air) is here flying AFF eval jumps for a while, so don't miss out folks!
YAY!
see ya here,
Eric!

Eric -

Verrrry nice pics, man! (Way to revive the thread, too.:)

For those of you not out last weekend - Joey Costa was here, and he did some jumps/informal FF coaching. I can't describe how awesome it was to see him back in the air & just generally have him around. Watching video and seeing him interact with our FF people - both old and new - was just too cool for words.

He says he'll be out again this Saturday. Makes me very happy for CSS in general, and for all of my FFF people in particular (much love to you all, and "hi" Chloe!)

Everyone have a good week & rest up - LOTS of jumping and et cetera going on this weekend for Easter.

-Dawn
p.s. If your reserve is out of date for the weekend, you might soon be SOL. We're really busy. Don't want to mention any names but if you think this might apply to you, it probably does. I can't repack your rig if I don't have it in my possession ....

Dawn- You'll like this.

I came home last night and saw a pop up trailer and some people in the camping area. As I got closer, I saw that they were putting up a huuuuge tent and doing something with a power saw. I figured they were some vendor setting up for the boogie, so I went over to say hi. As I got closer, I saw that it was Ranjit and two other Hispas!!!! They're setting up a Hispa village with a big sign and everything. I LOVE HISPAS! Welcome back, guys.

Just a reminder, everybody- This Freefly Friday is HISPAS DAY!!! Scotty is gonna be organizing flat flyers, and the usual crew will be disorganizing freeflyers. Everybody come out, because it might be the best weather day of the weekend.

Next Friday (after Easter) is going to be the long-awaited Fondue Friday. See Floaty? I told you we'd get around to it sometime. :P

Yeah, promises. I'l believe it when I see it. :P Seriously though, if we're going to do it, we should find out who wants to attend so we can plan how much and what food to bring.

I decided to stay home and work on my papers today since the weather sucks, but I'll be out there tomorrow for sure.

Mike

Yeah, promises. I'l believe it when I see it. Seriously though, if we're going to do it, we should find out who wants to attend so we can plan how much and what food to bring.

After the Easter excitement subsides, we can figure out who has fondue pots and who's coming. We could end up with 5 fondue things with different dipping stuff in each one. That would rock.

I decided to stay home and work on my papers today since the weather sucks, but I'll be out there tomorrow for sure.

Yeah, good call. My trailer has a moat around it.