base570

CSS anyone 2??

Hey folks,
In an attempt to breathe a little life back into the CSS thread, I'm going to start a quick poll. I've attached a few designs for my new tandem canopy & I need some help picking a favourite. Get your votes in quick!

Also, Kelly sent out an email about having a little birthday/ trampday gettogether this friday. If you didn't get the message, let me know and I'll foreward it to you.

Seeya,
Eric
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Dude, I'm going w/ #4. That shit is tight, and seeing as how I'm an Ex-Campbell Camel, those were my colors. Those other colors are so generic, and are always seen. Get something extra ordinary dude!! And I didn't get the email!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

I'll vote for #1 also but 5 is a close 2nd. I'm curious about #4 ....and those that voted for it: Why do you like the white topskin & black bottom combo? Am I missing something about the all white top skins here?
Considering the fact that you are using this for customers we could get into the psychological realm of colors too: Blue is calming, etc. The inside of most enclosed life rafts is blue to help with seasickness. In that case I might vote for the spin 'em puke'em pound'em red & blackB|;)

---------------------------------------

Greg, I never thought about the customer here, but the thing is, no matter where I go, I see these colors. When CSS either bought or Demoed the Red and white tandem, that was hot shit, b/c it was different, it wasn't the same as the rest of them, being either purple, teal, blue, green, or any pastel colors. You never see any other tandem color scheme, atleast I don't anyway...AAAAAND, I just like the damn colors, wanna fight about it?!?!?! Lol.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

I vote #1 - absolutely gorgeous! .... all sunshine and blue skies. All of them are pretty, except I hate #5 with the yellow ribs.

I've been on some pretty contentious tandem main coloring committees ...

#1 is happy and pretty for the customer, easy for their friends and family to spot in the air, and a snap to pack, inspect and maintain. (Greg - the all-white topskin will be very slow & reluctant to absorb UV rays. Important with a tandem canopy that's in the sun for 5+ minutes every jump, as UV does huge damage to canopy fabric. Remember how our neon rainbow Stongs all blew up? :S) Also light colors are very much easier to inspect and repair .... this is why many reserves are white, lt blue, yellow, etc. This is a big investment for Eric.

We're finding black doesn't wear well at all on our TDM canopies. Plus when an instructor sees damage on a black cell on a jump it's really, really hard for us to find on the ground afterwards unless we hang the thing up - annoying with busy Saturdays and back-to-back calls.

Lyman would say that you're screwing yourself with the asymmetry, but since it's on the bottom skin I think it's all good.

Also, some of the instructors might say that you'll be hard to spot at opening, esp. if clouds, etc.
But I'd say they're a bunch of pansy-assed, pussy whiners :ph34r:.

-D

p.s. Thanks to everyone who was kind to me and wished me well after my recent leg injury. Never thought Safety Puppy could do that much damage! It will be awhile before I'm 100%; John and I appreciate your understanding.

The topskins are white because black and white are the most durable colors. I don't want a black topskin b/c that makes the canopy hard as hell to see from above. I'm trying for something colorful for the ribs & bottom skin because they don't get as much sun or wear from packing.

I really like them all. That's why I'm having a hard time deciding. I was thinking of omitting #1 because we already have so many blue-ish tandem canopies.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Personally, I'm diggin #2, just cuz.
Also, are there any other people out there interested in getting another rookie team together? So far all I've got is me and Beav 1 (Colt).
PS What's this about a trampy partay?
aka Wag-Tail, ChangoEnLosPantalones Rodriguez, Sonic Skyjew
"Just remember... don't fuck up."
Shake 'n Bake!

OOPS.

Dinner is at the Cheesecake Factory @ 7:30, THEN going to Oliver Twist afterward. I'm assuming it's the Crabtree Cheesecake Factory, but I'm thoroughly confused (and bringing others into my confusion- sorry), so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. :D

Hey Everybody- I'm inviting another group to the Durham Bull's Baseball game this Thursday 26th. It's more or less a repeat of usual: gametime is 7; there is always a group that will meet and carpool from my house- planned departure 6:30. Everybody is invited...especially "Freak Flyers going Flat" We need to hear about this more before heading to Raeford this weekend... send me a PM or call or somehow let me know and I'll get you tickets.
Thursday, July 26, 7pm Durham Bulls vs Norfolk Tides
$1 Hot Dogs, French Fries & Popcorn all night long

Let me know if you are in!
-Greg
---------------------------------------

even tho i'm not competing i'll be there to cheer ya'll on!
and maybe serve as an alt if someone should happen to accidentally get beaten w/ a lead pipe;)B|

aka Wag-Tail, ChangoEnLosPantalones Rodriguez, Sonic Skyjew
"Just remember... don't fuck up."
Shake 'n Bake!