base570

CSS anyone 2??

For all those that are scared, OG Beav will be out there doing 100 point solo RW's, involving hand to foot docking!!!!!:o

Hehe, I'll be out there tomorrow guys...but probably in the loft all day. If i get an AFF instructor available, I'll be jumping my new old Camera suit.

...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

My bet is on Justin...I've seen some footage from Norway that makes me place my bet on him.

Eugene...........I love you, You Crazy Fukin broken English typing Russian. But I don't think you'll beat Justin in tracking.

So there, guess I'm first in the pool. $10.00 into the pool winner takes all.

Who is this Jason person??? I don't know if I know you. If I know you I certainly NEVER see you. You seem like a mythical creature to me. Someone who's there but isn't.

I've heard the legend of McClure, but I've never jumped with him. Maybe once but I was a Freeflyer and he was a SkyGod RW Pissy Bee or something like that. So I hear, I've never really seen the guy recently or anything.

I heard he got married and moved into a cave in the hills. I think Lisa is her name, but I never see her either. I think I used to know her too but it's been so long, I can't rember.

Who are the McClure's????? I forgot...

Oh Yeah...........And I forgot........

Jason, I know your an old timer and everything. But have you been away from the sport so long now??? Everyone knows that Freefly Snobs are the new Sky Gods.:P

Hey everybody! It was a pretty busy weekend. Thanks to all who came out!
First things first... Congratulations to me! According to Paul, I was supposed to die within the last 6 months. Granted he was wrong about that once and the guy lived for seven months. Please help me to enjoy my continuing existence.
Second: Congrats to the Fockers for bringing home gold for CSS yet again @ the CSL meet in Chester on saturday. They rocked the blocks off the dive pool :P if you know what I'm saying...
Third: Renfro had a rough tandem landing on saturday and may have torn his meniscus (sp?) I haven't gotten an update since saturday evening, but if anybody knows anything more, please post it here.
Last, the weekend update: Friday ended up being a little slow & we flew 4 King Air loads. Saturday and sunday were busy with tandems, but most of the fun jumpers were either away at the meet or enjoying the hot weather somewhere else. Some of the newly minted A-license holders got to do some pretty cool jumps with the freefly gang & we had an awesome little cookout with carne asada, ham & shirmp to round out the evening.

Next weekend is pretty booked up already, but it looks like most of the fun jumpers will be attending the Raeford Military Appreciation Boogie! The Raefordites regularly close up their DZ and come up to celebrate the 4th of July and Thanksgiving with us, so I'm glad that so many of us will be there to support this boogie. The Raeford fun jumpers got together and decided they needed to organize a big boogie & they've done an awesome job! It should be a really exciting weekend. For more information, check the Raeford Boogie thread in this forum.

Seeya,
Eric

Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Some of the newly minted A-license holders got to do some pretty cool jumps with the freefly gang...

"Pretty cool jumps" doesn't begin to describe the super star craziness. B| That was seriously one of the coolest jumping days I've ever had, from the backflips and the donuts to the super-tight head up flying. Sorry I had to leave early on Sunday.

And BIG THANKS to everyone who took care of feeding us: Eric, Eugene, and Whitney with the multi-course dinner Saturday night, and Dave for breakfast on Sunday.

This Sunday is Debbie's last day working in manifest, and we're having a cookout at the end of the day to thank her for being so awesome. Let me know if you want to bring anything. I know a bunch of people (myself included) will be at the Raeford boogie, but you can always come back to CSS at the end of the day to say goodbye to Debbie.

Congratulations to me! According to Paul, I was supposed to die within the last 6 months. Granted he was wrong about that once and the guy lived for seven months. Please help me to enjoy my continuing existence.

Major congrats to you, Eric. I knew you could survive + do it!!!
It was touch-&-go at times, what with you doing those dangerous wingovers and all. There were plenty of times when I had my heart in my throat, watching you complete your dangerous high-altitude front-riser and harness approaches! ... stay out of the corner, and avoid all of the other canopy traffic, plan your pattern, then continue to "wow" the crowd with your eventual swoop ... while usually trying to film a tandem landing. :S:P.

Second: Congrats to the Fockers for bringing home gold for CSS yet again @ the CSL meet in Chester on saturday.

YEAH!! Go, Fockers! :)

Saturday and sunday were busy with tandems, but most of the fun jumpers were either away at the meet or enjoying the hot weather somewhere else. Some of the newly minted A-license holders got to do some pretty cool jumps with the freefly gang & we had an awesome little cookout with carne asada, ham & shirmp to round out the evening.

Saturday was SO cool. I've never heard more positive comments from newly licensed people about jumping at CSS. What an excellent, low-key positive day that was! (freeflyers doing speed stars and donuts --- oh my!) Very, WAY cool. I'm very happy for Matt M, Nate, and everyone else who got to experience that. :)

Hope to see a bunch of you at Raeford next weekend.

Best,
Dawn

p.s. E: Your shrimp were awesome. Sorry, BJ ...

A quick update for all those planning on jumping at Raeford this weekend. If you haven't been there before, Raeford only accpepts cash or check. There's an ATM in the bar, but it'll cost ya.

I'll be arriving sometime friday and staying in a tent. It looks like it's going to be 95 degrees all weekend, so I'll see if we can grab some shady spots. We should also try to get a decent sized packing tarp as there is no indoor packing.

Eric -

Thanks for being my 'co-rig-taker-downer' to Raeford for the weekend. :)
Today I made my first H/C mount for an analog alti, just as an experiment - mounts on the 3-ring cover, esp. for head-down flying; or on front of the leg. No metal or plexiglass for safety. I'd love a test jumper or 2. It'll work with any Alti II, Alti III or Galaxy or Evolution wrist mount. (Someone was asking me about this recently and I'm wracking my brains to remember who you are ...) Anyway, I'll bring it w/me to Raeford.

Best,
D

Dudes and dudettes, check with Hefe (Jeff) on the camping sitch. He's planning on hosting a huge tent city right across the runway, and it won't cost a thing to anyone who wants to camp there. We're planning on having and keg, a bonfire and serious nig-noggery there, so check with me or Hefe tomorrow or Saturday DAY. We WILL accommodate you. B|

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Here are some pics of some of our own from the raeford boogie.
Eric:
http://www.6stringer.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=84
There are more from 84 until 93 in the album. Just change the number on the end of the web address.

Eugene:
http://www.6stringer.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=108
The same thing as before, Eugene's is 108 through 110, 114, 116, 117

There's some other cool pics in there too, but those are the only ones I could find of css-ers.

Hey Everyone-
Tuesday July 3rd www.dbulls.com Many of you know that I like to drink beer...I mean watch baseball:) I've got 40 seats in section 212 and you are invited. Let me know if you are interested- hopefully I'll make it to the dz Sunday afternoon (late) & hand you a ticket. If we miss each other Sunday then you can meet at my house at 6:00ish before the game. There will be a carpool leaving at 6:30. Oh yeah...fireworks after the game too.

"Just stand here and Wooley Bull will throw a ball ...you MIGHT catch one" Does anybody remember this from last year??

---------------------------------------

Hey man. I'd really like to make this year's Bulls game. I haven't misse d one since I starrted jumping. I think we have the Wake Forrest fireworks show demo on tuesday the third though. I'll find out more this weekend.

BTW, Friday is booked solid with tandems. Come on out!

Hello all! It was a dismal weekend for fun jumpers at the DZ. I don't think I saw more than three fun jumpers on a single load :( in the King Air. I guess you're all saving your energy for the 4th of July Boogie!

The Boogie starts wednesday with the King Air & we'll have the Otter for the weekend. Remember, it only takes 8 jumpers to get the King Air up. Traditionally the 4th of July has been our biggest boogie & I know that a lot of the Raefordites that I talked to two weekends ago will be here to jump with us.

If anybody's not going to the Bulls game, there will be two demo jumps into the Wake Forrest Fireworks show on Tuesday the 3rd. Exit times are approx. 7:30 and 8:30 at the Wake Forrest High School football field right off of US1.

Seeya!
Eric

Well i can't wait to see everyone out there this weekend. I'll be out Saturday jumping. This will probably be my last weekend out at CSS jumping. I am moving to Colorado in the beginning of August. Hopefully this boggie will be kicking.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Well i can't wait to see everyone out there this weekend. I'll be out Saturday jumping. This will probably be my last weekend out at CSS jumping. I am moving to Colorado in the beginning of August. Hopefully this boggie will be kicking.

Crap! I had no idea, Darin! Hopefully Cora and I will be able to make it up there to say hello and goodbye. I can't promise anything, though, as Cora had to make an emergency trip back home (overseas) and she may need to recuperate from the long-distance, short-visit trip. I'll see what I can do.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.