base570

CSS anyone 2??

Wow! Congratulations Harry! You and the missus must be so excited. Bring lil' Zach out to the DZ after he's had a chance to settle in at home!

Brian, Congrats on winning gold! It's hard to believe that just 3 years ago we were getting our A licenses. I just looked at omniskore & you guys were SMOKING every round. Way to go man!

Everybody, I'm finally back in town! The trip was great but it's really good to be back home. I hope to see you all at the DZ if not sooner. I've got lots of pictures and video if anyone is patient enough to sit through all of the stories.
Seeya!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

That is so great Harry...kiss your newly expanded family for me...and I can't wait to see pictures!!

it'll be great having a new parrish running amok at CSS
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

Congrats Harry, glad to hear everyone is doing well. How is your healing coming along? Is it to early to order Zachary a freefly suit? Can't let him grow up to be a belly flyer! Keep us posted on the family and attach some pics when you get a chance, I think some people are going to have to see it to believe it (HARRY'S A DAD!!!). Congrats again hope to see you all soon.

Speaking of the november issue of parachutist. A few of us made the issue. Remember the 9 way with Eugene's shoe falling off. Well you guessed it, thats in there. See if you can pick out the jumpers in it. Thanks for Don Carrington for submitting it.

Darin

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

^ Darnit, I'm always the last person to get my parachutist in the mail... Mine will probably get here next week sometime.

I did get a little present in the mail today though! My BASE number showed up... [drumroll]... and the winner is... NOBODY. Dawn was the closest, so as a consolation prize she wins an extra taco! I am in the book as BASE 1127 :) Much thanks to those who have helped me along the way!

P.S. Is anyone doing anything for haloween?

Hi folks!

Just wanted to extend an invite to the Duke vs Navy football game on Sat at 1300. My guys will be jumping in to the National Anthem at 1251 followed in the next 7 min by the rest of the jumpers . So if anyone would like tickets to the game send me an email or PM ASAP!

I know it's last minute notice, but I just had a meeting with the Duke folk to nail down the details. We had our plane accidentally turned off as well, so I had to turn that back on. It's kind of funny an ARMY team is jumping into a NAVY game, guess we'll be rooting for Duke by default. There will be 2 F-18s doing a fly over after we land.

Not sure if I or the guys will be sticking around after the jump.

Eric - congrats on your journeys and your BASE number, I had a blast at BD last year!! Rafting with Szabi and D1 was GREAT!

Harry - congrats on your youngun!

Hugs,
Guido

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

YES!!!!!

I WON - kinda. More ethereal tacos ;)! (Should've started a betting pool with Nick and Greg.)

Love ya Eric, and I'm very proud of you. I remember the days when you were doing IAF jumps with Sarah, and just look at you now B|B|. Someday soon I hope we can sit down and look at your pictures.

On a different note:
USPA ELECTIONS

Ed's done a lot of amazing campaigning, and has been a presence at CSS this past year. I admire his efforts.

That said:

John Lyman and I will again be supporting and voting for Tony Thacker as our Regional Director. Tony truly loves and lives the sport every day, and he's an awesome human being. Sometimes I think the man must be triple-jointed; the way he bends over backwards and forwards to keep skydiving possible, safe, competitive, real, honest and FUN. Hopefully some of you CSSers who don't know him will get to meet him at Thanksgiving.

Most important: VOTE. Fill out your ballot from Parachutist and send it in.

Trust me: Your USPA voting will make much more of a difference in your life than anything you'll do in the national elections next week :P.

VOTE, dammit!

Best,
Dawn

Hey guys! I just started about a week ago working with Nancy to help with some promotional/marketing things at CSS. If any of you have a MySpace account, be sure to add Carolina Sky Sports http://www.myspace.com/carolinaskysports as one of your friends to help promote good 'ole CSS! I'd also love to get any great photos & videos that you might have to add to the page. If you have any suggestions, I'm open to that too.

I don't get out to the DZ too often, but I'd love to meet more of you soon. I'll be there Sun, Nov 19th to do my Ground School & 6...hope to see some of you then!

Christie Hatch

so i'm not as lucky as Matt and Melissa to be back in the (cold) blue skies, but I do have a quick update...

i'm looking down at my feet right now, and guess what...MY SHOES MATCH!!

i'm still crossing my fingers for the Thanksgiving boogie...but for now i'm just stoked to be out of the boot!

:):D:):D:)
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...

so i'm not as lucky as Matt and Melissa to be back in the (cold) blue skies, but I do have a quick update...

i'm looking down at my feet right now, and guess what...MY SHOES MATCH!!

i'm still crossing my fingers for the Thanksgiving boogie...but for now i'm just stoked to be out of the boot!

:):D:):D:)

congrats girlie, TRAMP NITE soon
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

haha...not getting rid of lisa's 80s aerobics just yet!! i've still got my "pimp-limp" (fiddy-cent watch out), and i'm having to re-teach myself how to walk like a normal person...

so i haven't put the sweat bands and leotard away quite yet...

:P

but i am in great need of a tramp night, and i can totally wear five-inch heels as long as they are platforms...you know me, i like to live dangerously and look silly, so there you have it...2 birds, 1 stone!!

(edited cause apparently i can't spell, and i have bad subject-verb agreement!!)
- ever the spazz

I NEED a tramp night, too.

Does Fri Nov 17 work for everyone? Dinner, games, go-karts, miniature golf? OH! and if we get Kelly out and lie about our weights, maybe the indoor climbey-thing!

PM me or e-mail me on Yahoo and I'll work to arrange it. If I forget the venue, I know Freefly Pete will remind me :)
(I should have my $3 dress altered by then ....)

-D

Newsflash! Tomorrow (friday) the weather will be 78 with light & variable winds and the DZ will be OPEN! There are at least 3 loads worth of tandems scheduled to show up at noon. If you've been looking for an excuse to cut out of work early, catch a few loads and not wear gloves, then this is your chance!
Seeya!
Eric

and don't forget...given that the weather holds through saturday night...some newly licensed folks were promising a keg on saturday night...so that should be interesting (if all comes through)...

and calling all tramps...i'd like to vote for wednesday cause it breaks up the week, and its a friend's birthday on saturday.... ;)
- ever the spazz