base570

CSS anyone 2??

Hey sorry I cut out on everybody early on sunday. Not only did I manage to come down with a touch of the flu but I think between sleeping on that couch in the bunk house and jumping I wrenched my back pretty good. I spend sunday night lying on the floor in the ER here at base. The doctors gave me two days off of work and lots of valium for the pain. It felt like someone had stabbed me in the back and was twisting the knife around. I am feeling much better today though I am still a little sore. I plan to take this next weekend off of jumping so that I can recover a little more.

In case you did not know I have a bulging disk in my L5. Thought the strange thing is that 2 radiologists and 1 chiropractor have told me this my military doctor says there is nothing wrong with me. So I am going to have a little fight to get a full medical discharge from the military.

Now before I start another Saber war I do not believe that this injury was caused by the hard opening that I had back in October. I was in a car accident 2 years ago (drunk driver rearended me) and I have been dealing with back pain since then. Though the open may have cause me to re-injure the existing problem.

Thanks a lot for all of the warm wishes and the phone calls that you all gave me. Sorry I did not answer but like I said "valium"

I don't plan this little set back for stopping me from jumping though for the next couple of months I will just have to pace myself a little. That just means a little On the Job Training with Dawn on how rigging works.

Blue Skies and I'll see everyone in a few weeks.

B|

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

2.4 million

Thats how much I am worth at www.humanforsale.com

How much are you worth???

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

Wow... It's been a while since anyone posted... we've been on page 2 for too long!

Just as a PSA, the tunnel rats and Florida Fockers will be at the DZ jumping on friday morning before starting the drive south. The weather looks fantastic for friday, so everybody come on out... the weekend looks a bit hit & miss.

Also, check out Joey's fine flash skillz on the new Wicked Liquid website:
www.teamwickedliquid.com

(Be sure to download a copy of Flash 8 first.)

Seeya,
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I know, it has been a while since anyone posted here.

I have been lurking the Dublin boogie thread HOPING I can make it to the boogie, but you all know my work deal!?:S They just posted BPRR will be playing down there that Sat night! One MORE reason to go!

Have fun in FL folks, I emailed you all that I shant make it.

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Hey just a quick question for everyone. This is not a plan yet but I am wondering if everybody would be able to get together on saturday night of the 28th for a little surprise dinner for Janine. She is turning 29 (years young) on the 26th.

Let me know either e-mail me ([email protected]) or PM or call. I'll post if it is a go or not.

Your probably thinking how is this going to be a surprise if I am posting here. Well for one she does not get on dropzone.com (ever) and two nobody is going to say anything under threat of slow death by Guido :D

Anyway I was thinking something like Olive Garden it is not too expensive for those of us who live life in the poor house and it is in Raleigh so nobody has the excuse "its too far to drive"

Also there can be any pants getting pulled off there (like that happened at the last B-Day party)

Hope everyone has a great time in Florida do a few jumps for me. I should be at CSS on Sunday for those of you going out. The weather looks like it is calling for rain on Saturday.

Blue Skies and Safe driving to all this weekend.

B|B|

Guido - just a friendly reminder - there is no more BP in the RR's.

But thanks man, you prompted me to check their schedule ... OOOH!! They will be at White Collar Crime in Raleigh next Wed! I loved that place.

I'm so there. I'll try to drag Kelly along with me. Anyone else want to come? (Tess?) If there's enough of us and we get there at a reasonable time, we can snag all the comfy couches again.

And Marion - remember what's right on the way, and closes at midnight :D;)?

-D1

Ok all bets are on for which day Dawn will start smoking. As of Midnight both of us are quiting, so when we snap at you really bad then you'll know why. Remember when she loses she has to shave her hair off (poor guido).

Good luck and may the best breather win!!!!

Ok all bets are on for which day Dawn will start smoking. As of Midnight both of us are quiting, so when we snap at you really bad then you'll know why. Remember when she loses she has to shave her hair off (poor guido).

Good luck and may the best breather win!!!!

I wish both of you good luck. It's a tough habit to break!

I'll help by giving you both $100 if you make it for 6 months without a cig. or are you quiting smoking other things?:)
Jason

Well she SWEARS it didn't start till TONIGHT (Tues) at midnight, so technically... where are my scissors?? ;)

I photoshoped an image of her bald but she is holding onto somethingS very tight till I click send so I won't attach it. So PM me for the pict. OUCH, let go!! ;):P

As for coloring Darin's hair Marion, yeah I didn't hear what his penalty was going to be, that will work!! And he needs to be wearing a tutu as well!!

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

I want a picture, since I started last night at midnight ggrrrrrr.

As for that Darin guy I don't think he will lose, besides I have 20 bucks riding on him.

>:(>:(>:(>:(

Hey Everyone!

The Florida trip was a blast with weather in the 80's everyday. I think we all did 12 jumps over the weekend. Pete Kemp did a high alititude jump from 21,000, and I think Melissa and I converted Greg to the Dark side :o

For those I didn't tell yet, I officially quit my engineering job :ph34r: so that I could focus full time on our Real Estate Investment business.
Anyone that has money they would like to invest in something safer than the stock market should talk with me or Melissa. We will have many great opportunities that will yield 15-30% return in 6 months or less.

One more thing... We hope to coordinate a weekend of beach jumps at coastal this spring. Greg McCallen has a vacation house not to far from there where we can stay. Is anyone interested? We'll let you know the dates once it is decided.

Weather looks good friday and saturday for jumping. I hope to see you all then.

Blue Skies,
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

>One more thing... We hope to coordinate a >weekend of beach jumps at coastal this spring.
I would go, but we need a day with light winds. Last spring we went there some guys jumped at 30 mph - very impressive! I wish John would have gone downwind, then he could probably cover entire airport on landing:)

..... well, there are things that are fun every once in awhile, then there are things that cost several $ every day and cause cancer ...

It's almost been a week, and it's been very very very VERY tough >:([:/]B| but so far so good. How ya doing, Darrin?

Jason - I don't want your $100, man - just wish me well, take care of yourself + Lisa and send me pics from out West sometime.

Love,
D

Still hanging in there I used the patch for a few days an then ran out so I am just cold turkey'n it. Saturday and Sunday really sucked but I work Saturday and was poor and locked in my room playing video games the rest of the weekend. I plan to be out this next weekend. Sorry I have not been out the last couple of weekends but between the weather, and work I have been a little tied up.

I don't plan to lose though it does suck quitting, I feel like a heroin adict going through withdraw. Have a great week see you this weekend.

B|

To those who didn't make it out to the DZ this weekend, you missed a BEAUTIFUL friday and a SHITTY Sat-Sun. Don't fret, the days are getting longer and the air is getting warmer. It'll be spring before we know it!
Seeya,
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Hey Darin,

Hang in there... Quittin ain't easy. I wanted to let you know that I quit too. I'm on day 2 and doing alright so far. I am trying the commit lozenges.

I hope we are all successful, so we can still be jumpin' when we are 60, instead of sitting around breathing oxygen in the hospital.
Keith
"Jump to Live!"